当前位置

首页 > 基础学英语 > 零基础学英语 > 掌握这些习语,英语交流不再难(四)

掌握这些习语,英语交流不再难(四)

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.79W 次

掌握这些习语,英语交流不再难(四)

41. FREAK OUT:to become very angry, scared or excited

41.爆发:变得愤怒、恐惧或兴奋


Mum, don’t freak out! I married a guy in Las Vegas.

妈妈,别太激动!我在拉斯维加斯结婚了。

42. BE A CATCH:be someone worth marrying/having

42.值得追求的人:成为值得追求/拥有的人


John is taking me out tonight. He’s such a catch, I hope he’ll propose.

我和约翰今晚有约。他是一位值得拥有的人,希望他能向我求婚。

43. PIECE OF CAKE:when something is extremely easy to do

43.小事一桩:某事极为简单


Do you think you could beat him in a race?


-Yeah, piece of cake. I’m definitely a lot faster than him.


你觉得自己跑得过他么?


-当然了,这简直是小事一桩。我跑的肯定比他快。


44. HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD:used if something someone says, is precisely correct

44.一针见血:言论有的放矢,击中要害


My doctor hit the nail on the head. He knew exactly what was wrong with me!

主治大夫一针见血,他很清楚我哪里不舒服。

45. COSTS AN ARM AND A LEG:when something is very expensive

45.费用极高:某物极为昂贵


My son wants that mountain bike for his birthday, but it’ll cost an arm and a leg!

儿子想要一台山地车作为生日礼物,但是山地车太贵了!


46. HIT THE BOOKS:to study very hard

46.用功学习:努力学习


Do you want to go for lunch somewhere nice?


-No thanks, I’m going to hit the books. I have an exam coming up soon.


你想去吃点好的吗?


-不拉,谢谢。马上要考试了,我打算回家看书。


47. BITE OFF MORE THAN YOU CAN CHEW:to take on something that is too much for you to handle

47.好高骛远:不切实际地追求过高过远的目标


He bit off more than he could chew, and I don’t think he can handle it anymore. 

他做事有些好高骛远,我觉得他做不完这些工作。

48. WHEN PIGS FLY:this means that something will never happen

48.无稽之谈:某事永远不会发生


Aren’t you going to buy that dream house you told me about?


-Ugh, I will when pigs fly. It’s just so expensive; I don’t think it’ll happen.


你打算买上次说到的那幢心仪已久的房子吗?


-噢,这个梦想很难实现,毕竟这幢房子太贵了。


49. DON’T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER:this means don’t make a decision based on a brief impression or outward appearance

49.不要以貌取人:不要根据短暂的印象或外表做判定


I don’t like our new neighbors very much, they’re quite strange.


-Hey, you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. Give them a chance, I think they’re just a bit quirky but really nice!


我很不喜欢这些新邻居,他们怪怪的。


-嘿,你不能以貌取人。多接触一下,相信他们只是有点奇怪并非人不友善。


50. YOU ROCK:you are great

50.你真棒:你很不错


Thanks for the tickets, Rob. You rock!

感谢你的门票,鲍勃。你真赞!

51. MISS THE BOAT: when someone has missed their opportunity to do something

51.错失良机:错过机会做某事


Have you applied for that job yet?


-No, I think I may have missed the boat. I should’ve done it last week.


你递交工作申请了么?


-没有,已经太晚了。我应该上周递交申请的。