当前位置

首页 > 商务英语 > 计算机英语 > 怎样用英语交流计算机知识

怎样用英语交流计算机知识

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.11W 次

下面是本站小编整理的用英语交流计算机知识的句型,供广大学者参考。

怎样用英语交流计算机知识

  1.计算机系统 Computer System

Dialogue 1

A: Hey, Bill. Can you tell what's wrong with my computer?

嘿,比尔。你看看我的电脑出了什么问题吗?

I can't move the mouse, I can't use the keyboard. Nothing is working right.

鼠标不动了,键盘也没办法打。什么都不对劲。

B: Hmmm It’s like your hard drive crashed.

嗯……看来好像是死机了。

A: That sounds bad.

听起来很糟糕。

B: Well, if you didn't save your work, you might lose the most recent changes you've made it shouldn't be too bad.

嗯,如果你没有存档,最近做的更改恐怕就会不见了,不过应该不会太糟。

You just need to reboot your computer.

你只要重开机就好了。

Dialogue 2

A: Oh, no! I can't remember where I saved my file, and there are too many directories on my hard drive.

哎,糟了!我记不得把文件存到哪里去了,硬盘里的目录又这么多。

I'll never find it!

我永远也找不到了!

B: Do you remember the name of your file?

你还记得文件名吧?

A: I named it Term Paper.

我给它取名"学期论文"。

B: Just click on the Start button at the left bottom of your screen.

你只要点一下屏幕左下角的"开始"按钮。

Then you'll see an item called Find.

就会看到"查找"项。

Click on that and type in the name of your document.

在它上面点一下然后把文件名打进去。

The computer will help you find it immediately!

电脑很快就会替你找出来了!

Dialogue 3

A: What's the best kind of printer to buy?

打印机买哪一种最好?

B: That depends on what you want to print.

那要看打印什么。

A: I guess that makes sense.

有道理。

I mostly print word documents and some Power Point files.

我大半都打印Word文档和Power Point文档。

B: In that case I would suggest a color bubble-jet printer.

如果那样,我建议买彩色喷墨打印机。

They're usually pretty cheap and compact, but they produce sufficient graphic quality to print Power Point files.

一般都很便宜而又精巧,用它打印图表的质量用来打印Power Point一点也不会差。

  Dialogue 4

A: I've decided to buy a CD writer.

我决定买一台CD刻录机。

B: What are you going to do with that?

做什么用呢?

A: I enjoy photography, and I've decided to start storing my pictures on CD-ROM.

我喜欢摄影,我决定开始把我的照片用CD-ROM储存起来。

2. 办公自动化 Automatic Office System

  Dialogue 1

A: I think I need to learn how to type.

我想我需要练习打字。

B: Don't you know how to already?

你不是已经会打了吗?

A: Well, I can type, but I have to look at the keys.

嗯,我是会打,但必须看着键盘打。

B: Doesn't that slow you down?

这会让你慢下来吧?

A: It does, and now that so much work is done on the computer; it affects the way I do my job.

是啊,而且现在好多工作都是在电脑上做的,这会影响我工作的方式。

  Dialogue 2

A: Did you say you're going to the computer store this afternoon?

你说今天下午要去电脑店?

B: Yes, Did you want me to pick something up for you?

是啊,有什么要我帮你买的吗?

A: Yeah, Could you pick up some floppies?

有啊,帮我买几个软盘好吗?

B: Sure, 1.4 Meg double density?

好的,1.4兆,双密度的?

A: Right, Get me 10 of them.

对,帮我买10盘。

  Dialogue 3

A: What’s that sound?

那是什么声音?

B: Oh, my computer's new screen saver plays music. Do you like it?

哦,那是我的新电脑屏幕保护程序发出的音乐。喜欢吗?

  Dialogue 4

A: When you're looking for something on the web, what search engine do you usually use?

你上网找东西时,通常会用什么搜索引擎?

B: I usually use several different search engines at the same time.

我通常会同时使用几种不同的搜索引擎。

Different sites are registered with different search engines, and different engines use different logic to search.

不同的搜索引擎所登记的网站并不一样而且不同的搜索引擎使用不同的逻辑来搜索,

so they will all turn up different results.

所得的结果就不一样。

3. 计算机病毒Computer Virus

  Dialogue 1

A: Do you have virus protection software on your PC?

你的电脑有防毒软件吗?

B: No, I'm always installing new software, and getting rid of old programs.

没有,我一向装用新软件,旧的程序则删除。

Virus protection software usually makes that more of a hassle.

防毒软件往往只会增加麻烦。

A: But what will you do if you get a virus?

不过万一染上病毒怎么办?

B: I guess I'll just reformat my hard drive and start over.

我想我会把硬盘再格式化一次,然后重新开始。

  Dialogue 2

A: Computer prices are really coming down.

电脑价格一直在下降。

B: Not for me they're not.

对我才不是呢。

A: What do you mean?

怎么回事?

B:I mean my wife has discovered how to shop on the web!

我是说我太太发现了如何上网“购物”啦!

  Dialogue 3

This is a mouse, With the mouse we can move the cursor very quickly.

这是鼠标,用它可以快速移动光标。

Look at the screen; see the little line that blinks?

你看屏幕,看见那个闪烁的小线没有?

That's the cursor.

那就是光标。

You can begin to type there.

你可以从那儿开始打字。

B: But I don't want to type there.

可是我不要在那儿打。

A: Then move the cursor.

那就移动光标。

Watch, I'll hold the mouse in my hand.

注意看,我手握鼠标。

Now I'll move it across the table.

然后在桌面上移动。

See the cursor move?

看见光标动了吧?

  Dialogue 4

A: I tried to copy a letter to another disk.

我试着把一封信拷贝到另一个磁盘。

But I pressed the wrong key.

但是按错了键。

I erased my most important letter.

把最要紧的信给删除了。

B: That's all right.

不要紧。

We always have a backup copy.

我们一向有备份。

A: I don't know .I deleted the backup, too.

我不知道行不行。我把备份也删除了。

B: Well, we still have a hard copy.

哦,我们还有输出的副本。

It's in the file cabinet.

它就在档案柜里。

4. 计算机软件 Computer Software

  Dialogue 1

A: I don't understand how to use this new software?? .

我不懂这软件怎么用。

B: Didn't you read the user's manual?

你看过使用手册没有?

A: No, I bought a bootleg version, so I don't have a manual.

没有。我买的是盗版,没有使用手册?

B: That’s why you should only use original software.

所以才要买正版的吗。

  Dialogue 2

A: Have you ever used a computer dating service?

你有没有用过电脑交友服务?

B: No, have you?

没有,你呢?

A: I posted my information on a couple different sites, and I've started up some nice e-mail conversations with several people.

我的资料曾经上了几个不同的网站,我也开始跟几个人用E-mail交谈,蛮好的。

  Dialogue 3

A: So, why don't you try a computer dating service?

你怎么不试试交友呢?

B: First of all, it's too impersonal.

首先,这种事很没有人情味。

Second, how do you know the person on the other end is telling you the truth?

再说,你如何知道另一端的那个人说的是真话?

They could just be making things up all the time and you would be getting to know someone who doesn't really exist.

也许从头到尾只是在瞎编,结果你“认识”的是一个不存在的人。

A: You're right.

你说的没错。

I guess computer dating has its bad sides, but it's still a funny way to meet people.

我想电脑交友也有它不好的一面,不过这种交友方式是挺有趣的。

  Dialogue 4

A: My phone bill is too expensive.

我的电话费好高。

B: Maybe you should get one of those Internet telephone systems.

也许你应该弄个网络电话系统。

A: That's to say you both dial into the Internet so you only have to pay for a local phone call, right?

那样双方就可以拨进网络,但只付市内电话费就可以了。

5.计算机是如何工作的?How does a computer work?

  Dialogue 1

A: Mark, your computer has just turned off all by itself!

马克,你的电脑刚刚自己关掉了!

B: Actually, it just went into Energy saver mode.

其实,它只是进入省电状态罢了。

A: Energy saver mode, what's that?

省电状态?那是什么?

B: If the processor hasn't received any input for a certain period of time, it turns off the monitor.

如果处理器有一段时间没有接到任何输入的话,就会把显示器关掉。

All you have to do to turn it on again is move the mouse or hit a key on the keyboard.

想要再打开,只要动一下鼠标或碰一下键盘上任何一个键就可以了。

  Dialogue 2

A: So, you've decided to get a laptop computer?

那么,你决定买笔记本电脑了?

B: That's right, it’s more expensive and harder to fix, but I'm on the road so much.

是的。虽然比较贵而且也不太容易维修,不过我经常跑来跑去。

I have to have something I can take with me.

我必须要买可以随身携带的。

  Dialogue 3

A: Did you get your new laptop yet?

你买新笔记本电脑了没有?

B: No, I've done some shopping, but it's hard to decide.

没有。我逛了一下,可是很难决定。

A: Why's that?

为什么?

B: Well, I've found one that I like quite a bit, It has 15-inch screen with good resolution.

嗯,我看到了一台很喜欢的。15英寸的屏幕,解析度不错。

But it doesn't have a built-in-CD-ROM.

但没有内置的光盘驱动器。

The other has both a floppy drive and CD-ROM?built-in.

另外一台,含有内置的软件盘驱动器以及光盘驱动器。

But the screen is small and it's just too heavy.

不过屏幕太小了,而且也太重。

A: I guess you can't have the best of both worlds.

我想鱼与熊掌难以兼得。

B: I guess not.

我想也是。

Dialogue?? 4

A: I like storing my pictures on disc because it gives me lots of options.

我喜欢把照片储存在CD中,有很多的方便。

B: What sort of options does it give you?

什么样的方便呢?

A: Well, first of all, it provides a safe, compact place to store them.

嗯,首先,它提供一个安全而集中的储存空间。

Second, I can do lots of fun things with them with the image-editing software I have.

第二,我可以利用现有的摄像编辑软件做出很多有趣的事来。

B: Is there anything else?

还有呢?

A: Well, if I want to, I can print them out later.

哦,如果需要,事后也可以把它们印出来,

Or I can also use the computer to present them as a slide show for my friends.

或者也可以直接在电脑屏幕上放出来给朋友看,就像放幻灯片一样。

6. 计算机硬件 Computer Hardware

Dialogue 1

A: I thought computers were supposed to make your life more convenient.

我想电脑应该是让人的生活更方便才是。

But it seems like I spend half my time waiting for it to do something.

可是我大半时间好像都花在等着它做事。

Why is it so slow?

怎么会这么慢呢?

How much RAM do you have?

你的内存是多么?

A: I think I have 8 Megs.

我想是8兆吧。

B: That's your problem.

问题就在这里。

If you want Windows 95 to run smoothly, you need at least 16.

视窗95想要跑得顺畅,至少要16兆。

Dialogue 2

A: I have 16 Megs now. And most things work better, but my Internet connection is still really slow.

我现在是16兆了,情况大致已有改善,只是上网仍旧很慢。

Is there anything that I can do?

怎么办?

B: Let's see, Your modem is only a 14.4.

我来看看。你的调制解调器只有14.4。

If you want your Internet connection to speed up, you'll have to get a faster modem

上网想快,就得弄一台速度快一点的调制解调器。

Dialogue 3

A: I can't seem to get my mouse to work properly.

我的鼠标好像不怎么好用。

First it moves and then, all of a sudden, it jerks all the way across the screen.

先是动得很慢,然后突然地又一下子从屏幕上划过。

What can I do?

怎么办?

B: Here, let me see.

来,我来看看。

Open the mouse and takes out the ball.

(找开鼠标,取出圆球)

Do you see these contacts here?

看到这些接触点没有?

A: Yes, They look pretty dirty.

是的,看起来好脏。

B: That's right.

不错。

Let me clean those for you, and you'll be back to normal in no time.

我帮你清一清,马上就可以恢复正常了。

Dialogue 4

A: My friends sent me this new audio--player program, but I can't get it to load properly.

朋友送我这新的播放程序,可是我装不好。

B: The instruction says that this player requires a 32 bit sound card.

手册上说这播放器需要32位的声卡。

A: A 32-bit sound card?

32位的声卡?

Mine is only 16-bit.

我的只有16位。

B: That's your problem right there.

问题就在这里。

If you want this new software to work, you'll have to upgrade your hardware too.

如果想要这新软件能够用,硬件也必须升级。

7. 数据库管理系统 Database Management System

Dialogue 1

A: Hey, Greg, Check out my new wallpaper!

嘿,Greg,看一下我屏幕的新背景画面!

I scanned a bunch of pictures from our trip to Hawaii last summer.

我把去年夏天到夏威夷旅游的一堆照片扫了进去。

B: I like it it must take up a lot of memory.

不错嘛,可是一定占了不少的硬盘空间。

A: It's not too bad, besides I've got a 20 Gig hard drive. so I've got plenty of room

还好,再说我的硬盘容量有20G,所以还有不少的空间。

Dialogue 2

A: Something is wrong with my computer screen.

我的电脑屏幕有点不对劲。

Everything looks yellow.

一切都变黄了。

B: Try wiggling the cable that attaches it to your computer.

把连接电脑的那条线摇摇看。

A: Hey, it worked!

嘿,好了!

B: Sometimes that happens when the cable gets old and the connection isn't as good.

有时候电线老化,接触不良时就会这样。

Dialogue 3

A: I keep getting so much spam in my e-mail.

我不断收到大量的电子垃圾邮件。

What can I do about it?

有什么办法吗?

B: If your account has filters, you can block certain senders, or re-route mail with certain content to a different folder.

如果你的账号有过滤器,就可以挡掉一下,不然就把某些内容的邮件改投至另一个文件夹。

A: I think my account does have filters; I'll have to check that out.

我想我的账号是有过滤器的,我来查查看。

Dialogue 4

A:? You're going to be gone for 3 weeks?

你将离开三个星期是不是?

B: That's right.

是的。

A: You'll have a lot of e-mail to catch up with when you get back.

等你回来时一定有一大堆e-mail等着你。

B: Actually, I'll have all my mail forwarded to a web-based account while I'm gone.

其实,我不在的时候,我会将所有邮件都转发到网络基地账户内。

That way, I can keep up with it anywhere I can get on the Internet.

这样的话,不论人走到哪里,只要上得了网就可以随时读取了。

8. 信息高速公路 Information Express Way

Dialogue 1

A: Computers are really spreading quickly; I just found the web site of the high school I attended.

电脑发展得可真快。最近我发现了以前念的那所高中的网站。

B: Lots of schools have their own web sites.

很多学校都有自己的网站了。

A: That's true, but when I was in high school, we just had a few computers, and now it looks like the whole school is computerized.

是啊,以前念高中时学校只有寥寥几台电脑,现在好像整个学校都电脑化了。

Dialogue 2

A: So, tell me again what this new job you’re taking is?

再告诉我一次,你现在的新工作是什么?

B: I'll be doing web design.

我在做网页设计。

A: Web design? That sounds like work for a spider?

网页设计?听起来好像在替蜘蛛工作。

B: I'm talking about designing pages for the World Wide Web; the Internet.

我说的是替国际网络万维网设计网页。

Dialogue 3

A: Why does a company need a web site?

为何公司需要网站?

B: Not all companies need a web site, but it can be very helpful in lots of ways.

不是每家公司都需要网站,不过在很多方面倒是很有帮助的。

For instance, many people search the web when they are looking for a place to buy something.

譬如说,有很多人想买东西时就会上网搜索,

and if your company has a good web site ,you are much more likely to get that customer's business.

如果你的公司有个不错的网站,生意就很可能做起来了。

Dialogue 4

A: I don't understand why this E-mail keeps getting returned to me.

我不明白,为什么这封E-mail老是被退回来。

I've checked the address and I know it's correct.

我查过了网址,没有错啊。

B: Maybe there's something wrong with your friend's mail server.

也许你朋友的电子邮件服务器有问题。

If that's the case the mail won't get through.

如果是那样,邮件就发不过去。