当前位置

首页 > 商务英语 > 常用商务英语口语 > 职场社交英语 Lesson 44:他自视甚高

职场社交英语 Lesson 44:他自视甚高

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 5.04K 次

职场社交英语 Lesson 44:他自视甚高

SCENE② B 吉娜与戴夫在各自的隔间里工作

职场社交英语 Lesson 44:他自视甚高

【他自视甚高】

Zina: Do you think what I did to Elvin was 1) out of line?

吉娜: 你觉得我对艾文太过火了吗?

Dave: You could have tried to explain to him about the new programmers.

戴夫: 你本可以试着跟他解释,会有新的程序设计师进来。

Zina: Elvin doesn't want any programming help. He wants all the 2) glory for himself.

吉娜: 艾文才不想要有人来帮忙写程序。他想功劳一手抓。

Dave: You might be right. He does 3) think pretty highly of himself.

戴夫: 你或许没说错。他自视甚高。

Zina: Did you hear the names he was calling me?

吉娜: 你听到他怎么骂我吗?

Dave: I heard. But did you have to tear out his nose ring?

戴夫: 我听到了。但你有必要扯掉他的鼻环吗?

语言详解:

A: Can you explain your relationship to John?

你能解释你跟约翰的关系吗?

B: No. It's too complicated.

不能。 这太复杂了。

【could have tried 本可以试着】

“could+现在完成式”的句型用于说明先前的某一动作有改进的余地,有时表示含蓄的不满或指责。例如:

You could have finished it earlier.

你本该早一点把这事做完。

She could have done better.

她做得不够好。

A: I could have arrived much earlier. But I was caught in the traffic.

我原可以早早就到了。但是我受阻于路上交通拥塞。

B: That I can understand. But you could have called us and let us know.

这一点我可以了解。但是你本可以打个电话通知我们。

1) be out of line 过分的

2) glory (n.) 荣耀

3) think highly of... 对……评价很高。若后接反身代名词,则是指“自视甚高”。