当前位置

首页 > 商务英语 > 常用商务英语口语 > 职场社交英语 Lesson 30:你的便利贴是什么颜色?

职场社交英语 Lesson 30:你的便利贴是什么颜色?

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.42W 次

职场社交英语 Lesson 30:你的便利贴是什么颜色?

SCENE① C 吉娜与玛莉同坐在飞往洛城的班机上

职场社交英语 Lesson 30:你的便利贴是什么颜色?

【你的便利贴是什么颜色?】

Zina: We're going to blow WebTracker out of the water. Trust me.

吉娜: 我们会让“网路搜寻家”出局的。相信我。

Mary: I believe you, Zina.

玛莉: 我相信你,吉娜。

Zina: Mary, can I ask you something? What color are your post-it notes?

吉娜: 玛莉,我能问你个问题吗?你的便利贴是什么颜色?

Mary: My post-it notes? Pink, I think. Why?

玛莉: 我的便利贴?我想是粉红的吧,怎么?

Zina: Are you sure they aren't green? It's OK if they are. Just be 1) honest.

吉娜: 你确定不是绿色?是也无妨。老实说就好。

Mary: I'm pretty sure they're pink. Did I do something wrong?

玛莉: 我很确定是粉红色的。我做错了什么吗?

Zina: No. Pink is OK. Stick with pink.

吉娜: 没有。粉红很好。不要换。

语言详解

A: Why is he so upset?

他怎么那么难过?

B: I told him he's getting fat. I was just being honest.

我跟他说他变胖了。我只是说实话而已。

【 of the water 击溃……】

of the water是指“把……打得落花流水”,意即让对方溃不成军:

A: How was the basketball game last night?

昨晚的篮球赛如何?

B: The Lakers blew the Pistons out of the water.

湖人队把活塞队打得溃不成军。

【stick with... 坚持……】

stick with something 是指“坚持(某事)”,也就是不轻言放弃,不轻易更换:

A: What's the best way to learn English?

学英文最好的方法是什么?

B: Stick with the basics until you know them really well.

坚守住基本原理,直到你了然于心。

1) honest (a.) 诚实的