当前位置

首页 > 英语学习 > 英语听力 > 剑桥雅思英语听力

剑桥雅思英语听力

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.87W 次

看看剑桥雅思英语听力都有什么可以给我们看的。下面是本站小编给大家整理的剑桥雅思英语听力的相关知识,供大家参阅!

剑桥雅思英语听力
  剑桥雅思英语听力篇1

Hi, Joanna, good to meet you.

你好,Joanna,很高兴见到你。

Now, before we discuss your new research project,

在我们讨论你的新研究项目之前,

I'd like to hear something about the psychology study you did last year for your Master'sdegree.

我想听一听你去年读硕士的时候做过的心理学研究。

So how did you choose your subjects for that?

你当时是怎么选择的研究对象?

Well, I had six subjects, all professional musicians, and all female.

我有六个研究对象,全都是专业的音乐家,而且都是女性。

Three were violinists and there was also a cello player and a pianist and a flute player.

其中三位是小提琴家,还有一位大提琴演奏家,一位钢琴家和一位长笛演奏家。

They were all very highly regarded in the music world and they'd done quite extensive tours indifferent continents,

她们在音乐界声望都很高,而且在不同大洲还做过大量的巡回演出,

and quite a few had won prizes and competitions as well.

她们中不少还赢过一些奖项和比赛。

And they were quite young, weren't they?

而且她们还都相当年轻,对吧?

Yes, between 25 and 29 — the mean was 27.8.

是的,都在25-29岁之间,平均年龄是27.8。

I wasn't specifically looking for artists who'd produced recordings

我本来并没有一定要找出过专辑的艺术家,

but this is something that's just taken for granted these days and they all had.

但是最近这件事直接被当成理所当然的了,而且她们全都出过专辑。

Right. Now you collected your data through telephone interviews, didn't you?

好吧,你是通过电话采访收集的资料,对吗?

Yes. I realised if I was going to interview leading musicians it'd only be possible over the phonebecause they're so busy.

是的,我知道如果要采访这些重要的音乐家的话,就只能通过电话才有可能了,因为她们都特别忙。

I recorded them using a telephone recording adaptor.

我用一个电话录音转接器把跟她们的谈话内容录了下来。

I'd been worried about the quality, but it worked out all right.

我之前一直担心录音的音质,不过结果发现还不错。

I managed at least a 30-minute interview with each subject, sometimes longer.

我设法和每位研究对象进行了一段至少30分钟的采访,有的时间更长。

Did doing it on the phone make it More stressful?

通过电话采访有没有让你觉得压力更大?

I'd thought it was all quite informal though and in fact they seemed very keen totalk.

我本来以为会这样没错......但是这些采访都没有那么正式,而且她们事实上似乎都很愿意谈话。

And I don't think using the phone meant I got less rich data rather the opposite in fact.

我觉得用电话采访并不意味着我收集到的资料就没有那么多,实际上正好相反。

Interesting. And you were looking at how performers dress for concert performances?

有意思。你还研究了演奏家在音乐会上演出时的穿着?

That's right. My research investigated the way players see their role as a musician

没错,我研究调查了演奏者将她们自己定位成音乐家的方式,

and how this is linked to the type of clothing they decide to wear.

以及这和她们决定穿哪种服装有什么联系。

But that focus didn't emerge immediately.

但我并不是马上就想到了这一点。

When I started I was more interested in trying to investigate the impact of what was worn onthose listening,

在研究最开始的时候,我对试着调查听众对她们穿的衣服的效果更加感兴趣

and also whether someone like a violinist might adopt a different style of clothing from saysomeone playing the flute or the trumpet.

以及比如一位小提琴家是否会穿得跟长笛或者喇叭演奏者不同。

It's interesting that the choice of dress is up to the individual, isn't it?

每个人都有权选择他们的服装这件事还蛮有意思的,对吧?

Yes, you'd expect there to be rules about it in orchestras, but that's quite rare.

是的,我们原本以为管弦乐队对服装会有规定,但是这一现象非常少。

  剑桥雅思英语听力篇2

OK, that was something about the collections, and now here's some more practical information,in case you need it.

上面说的都是关于藏品的一些信息,现在以防你们需要,我再说一些更实用的。

Most of the museum facilities are downstairs, in the basement, so you go down the stairs here.

博物馆的大部分设施都在楼下地下室里,你们可以从这儿下楼。

When you reach the bottom of the stairs, you'll find yourself in a sitting area,

当你们走到楼梯尽头时,会发现自己置身于一个休息区域,

with comfortable chairs and sofas where you can have a rest before continuing yourexploration of the museum.

那里有舒服的椅子和沙发,你们继续探索博物馆之前可以在那儿休息一会儿

We have a very good restaurant, which serves excellent food all day, in a relaxing atmosphere.

我们这儿有个很好的餐馆,全天供应美味食物,气氛非常放松。

To reach it when you get to the bottom of the stairs, go straight ahead to the far side of thesitting area,

要去餐馆的话,请在到达楼梯尽头后,朝着休息区域反面直走,

then turn right into the corridor. You'll see the door of the restaurant facing you.

然后右转进走廊,餐馆的大门就在你们面前。

If you just want a snack, or if you'd like to eat somewhere with facilities for children, we alsohave a cafe.

如果你们只是想吃点零食,或者想去有供孩子玩乐的设施的地方吃饭,我们还有一个咖啡厅。

When you reach the bottom of the stairs you'll need to go straight ahead turn right into thecorridor and the cafe is immediately on the right.

去那儿的话只要走到楼梯尽头,然后直走,右转进入走廊,咖啡厅就在你们右手边。

And talking about children, there are baby-changing facilities downstairs:

说到孩子,楼下有可以给孩子换尿布的地方:

cross the sitting area continue straight ahead along the corridor on the left

穿过休息区域后继续沿着左边的走廊直走,

and you and your baby will find the facilities on the left-hand side.

你们和孩子在左边就能看见那些设施。

The cloakroom, where you should leave coats, umbrellas and any larger bags, is on the lefthand side of the sitting area.

衣帽间,就是你们要把外套、雨伞和所有大包寄存的地方,在休息区域的左边。

It's through the last door before you come to the corridor.

它在到达走廊之前的最后一道门后面。

There are toilets on every floor, but in the basement they're the first rooms on the left whenyou get down there.

每一层都有卫生间,不过地下室的卫生间在下楼梯之后左边的第一间房。

OK, now if you've got anything to leave in the cloakroom, please do that now, and then we'llstart our tour.

好了,如果你们有什么需要放在衣帽间的,请现在去放,然后我们就要开始参观了。

  剑桥雅思英语听力篇3

Good morning, and welcome to the museum — one with a remarkable range of exhibits,which I'm sure you'll enjoy.

上午好,欢迎来到博物馆。我们博物馆展品丰富,相信你们一定会享受这次参观的。

My name's Greg, and I'll tell you about the various collections as we go round.

我叫Greg,在参观的过程中我会给你们讲解不同的藏品。

But before we go, let me just give you a taste of what we have here.

不过在出发之前,我先简短地给你们介绍一下我们的藏品。

Well, for one thing, we have a fine collection of twentieth and twenty-first century paintings,many by very well-known artists.

首先,我们收藏了一批很棒的二十世纪和二十一世纪的画作,很多都是出自名家之手。

I'm sure you'll recognise several of the paintings.

我相信你们会认出其中几幅的。

This is the gallery that attracts the largest number of visitors,

这个画廊吸引的参观者人数最多,

so it's best to go in early in the day, before the crowds arrive.

所以大家最好早一点,赶在大批人群到来之前进去,

Then there are the nineteenth-century paintings.

然后,我们还有十九世纪的画作。

The museum was opened in the middle of that century,

博物馆是在十九世纪中期建成的,

and several of the artists each donated one work — to get the museum started, as it were.

好像为了筹建这座博物馆,几位画家每人捐赠了一幅作品。

So they're of special interest to us — we feel closer to them than to other works.

所以这些画作对我们来说有着特殊的意义,我们对它们比对其他作品感觉更加亲近。

The sculpture gallery has a number of fine exhibits, but I'm afraid it's currently closed forrefurbishment.

雕塑展厅有很多不错的展品,但是恐怕目前正在闭厅装修。

You'll need to come back next year to see it properly,

你们需要明年再过来才能好好地参观,

but a number of the sculptures have been moved to other parts of the museum.

不过那里的许多雕塑都已经被挪到了博物馆的其他区域。

' Around the world ' is a temporary exhibition — you've probably seen something about it onTV or in the newspapers.

Around the world是一个短期的展览,你们也许已经在电视上或者报纸上看到过相关的信息了。

It's created a great deal of interest, because it presents objects from every continent and manycountries,

很多人对这个展览都很感兴趣,因为它展示的是来自各个大洲很多国家的物品,

and provides information about their social context- why they were made, who for, and so on.

并且介绍了这些物品的社会背景信息,比如它们被制造出来的原因,服务的对象等等。

Then there's the collection of coins.

接下来是我们的硬币收藏。

This is what you might call a focused, specialist collection,

你们也许会称它为一种专精的收藏,

because all the coins come from this country, and were produced between two thousand and athousand years ago.

因为所有的硬币都来自这个国家,而且都是在2000-1000年前制作的。

And many of them were discovered by ordinary people digging heir gardens and donated to themuseum!

它们中很多都是普通人在花园锄地的时候发现的,随后这些人就把硬币捐给了博物馆。

All our porcelain and glass was left to the museum by its founder when he died in 1878.

博物馆里所有的瓷器和玻璃制品都是其创始人在1878年去世的时候留下的。

And in the terms of his will, we're not allowed to add anything to that collection:

根据他的遗愿,我们不能在这批收藏中增加任何藏品,

he believed it was perfect in itself, and we don't see any reason to disagree!

因为他认为这批收藏本身已经是完美的了,我们对此也十分赞同。