当前位置

首页 > 英语阅读 > 双语新闻 > 你应该立刻扔掉这些东西

你应该立刻扔掉这些东西

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 3.09W 次

There are few experiences more satisfying than throwing away junk you don't need.

很少有比扔掉不需要的垃圾更令人心满意足的事情了。

No, that shiny Apple box will never be useful, and it's better off recycled than sitting in the back of your closet. And no, you're never going to peruse those old issues of Cosmo. Just let them go.

不会的,那个Blingbling的苹果盒永远都不会派上用场,与其放在衣橱的最后面,倒不如将其循环利用。不,你也不会去追问那些有关世界的老问题的,扔掉它们吧。

Pare your life down to the essentials. Here are things you should throw away.

将生活中的一切都清干净,只剩下必需品。下列就是你应该扔掉的东西。

Worn out shoes

磨破的鞋

Are they broken? Throw them out. Still good but you haven't worn them in forever? Donate.

这些鞋坏了没?扔掉吧。这些鞋保持的很好,但你已经很久没有穿了?捐了吧。

Empty alcohol bottles

空酒瓶

You're not in college anymore, and those bottles of fancy bourbon are not a trophy collection, unless if you live in a frat house.

你再也不是大学生了,除非你住在一座法式房子里,否则这些漂亮的波旁酒酒瓶又不是奖杯,何必收藏呢。

Clothing you've never worn

你从未穿过的衣服

Donate. Someone less fortunate than you could be wearing them. Same goes for children's clothing and Halloween costumes that can't be used as hand-me-downs.

捐了吧。没你幸运的人可能会穿。孩子的衣服以及那些不能再给下一辈穿的万圣节礼服也都应该捐出去。

Old toys

旧玩具

Toys can be expensive. If they're not broken but no one in your family will use them, donate them - whether it's to charity or relatives with young children.

玩具很耗钱。如果玩具没坏,但你们家不再有人玩了,那就捐了吧--不管是捐给慈善机构还是送给亲戚家的小朋友都行。

Lonesome socks

只剩一只的袜子

I used to keep a basket of single socks with the missing pair on top of my washing machine, hoping each one's spouse would show up. It's better to just let them go.

我曾经在洗衣机上放了一篮子只剩一只的袜子,希望另一只能够出现。但最好还是都扔了吧。

Expired makeup

过期化妆品

It will mess up your face. Toss 'em out. Same goes for unused makeup samples.

这会让你的脸遭殃。扔掉吧。不用的化妆品样品也该扔掉。

Expired medication

过期的药

No, you don't need those Motrin capsules "just in case." They expired in 2015.

不,就算是以防万一你也不需要这些布洛芬胶囊,它们在2015年就过期了。

你应该立刻扔掉这些东西

Your toothbrush

你的牙刷

You should be replacing your toothbrush every few months, especially the bristles are frayed.

每过几个月你都应该换牙刷,尤其是牙刷毛磨损之时。

Stuff in your fridge

冰箱里的东西

You know very well what I'm talking about. You can't just leave it in there. Throw it in the trash. Use shopping bags as gloves if you have to.

你很清楚我说的是什么。你不能把它们留在冰箱内。扔到垃圾桶里吧。如果必要,扔的时候在手上套上购物袋。

CDs, DVDs, and VHS tapes

CD,DVD和录像带

It's 2017. Rip them to a hard drive and save some space on your shelves.

现在是2017年了,将它们转到硬盘里,为架子腾出一些空间吧。

Dish cleaning sponges

洗碗海绵

Your dish sponges are the perfect breeding ground for bacteria. Wash them often, and replace them every couple of weeks.

你的洗碗海绵是细菌滋生的好地方。要经常洗,每隔几周就应该换新的海绵。