First dates follow a very specific set of rules that set them apart from pretty much every other form of human interaction. It's two people who are interested in each other trying to get to know one another. It's understandable that things can get awkward. As such, first dates wind up being mostly small talk.第一次约会总是要遵循特定的规则，这些规则与其它任何形式的人际交往都不一样。第一次约会就是两个互相有好感的人试图了解彼此的过程。如果约会情形让人尴尬是可以理解的。因此，第一次约会大多都是以闲聊结束的。
But there are plenty of things he wishes you'd ask him. Either because it'd be good to get off his chest, or just because they're great talking points. And for the record, some of these are probably better left unasked, but in a perfect, free world, they'd certainly be nice to talk about.但也有很多问题是他希望你能问他的。要么这些问题能让他好好发泄心中的不快，要么就是因为这些问题是很好的聊天切入点。郑重声明，有些问题最好还是别问，但在这样一个完美、自由的世界中，谈论这些问题也是无伤大雅的。
1. Ask him, "If you could be doing anything humanly possible right now, what would it be?" It's always good to have a few icebreaker questions on standby. Go for original, absurd and goofy, or thought-provoking. If he says, "I'd still rather be here with you!" be with him.
2. Ask him where he sees himself in five years. All too often, first dates are about the "now." What do you do for a living? Where do you live? Instead, ask him where he wants to be. Most Millennials aren't working their dream job.2. 问他5年后想在哪里。第一次约会时总是围绕“现在”展开，你做什么工作？你住哪？相反，你可以问他以后想在哪儿。大多数千禧一代人的工作都不是他们梦寐以求的工作。
3. Ask anything that lets him show off. Please, just ... throw him a bone. Anytime he says something that sounds like a humblebrag, follow up on it. That's what he wants. By no means let him dominate the conversation, but, when it's his turn to talk, if he's giving you very clear hints about things he's proud of, do the man a favor and ask him about it.3. 问任何能让他炫耀的问题。求你了，给他点恩赐吧。当他说出一些自谦的话时，你就可以问他这些问题。因为这是他希望的。千万不要让他在你们的对话中占主导位置，但如果讲话时他暗示你他对于一些东西十分自豪时，那么给他点儿恩赐，问问看他自豪什么吧。
4. Ask, "What's your perfect date?" Secretly, he's dying inside for you to ask this, so he can tell you. That way, you've got a great second date idea, and he doesn't have to plan it.4. 问他“你认为的完美约会是什么？”背地里，他超想你问他这个问题，这样他就能告诉你了。而且，你就知道了第二次约会是什么样，并且他完全不用做准备。
5. Ask for major turn-offs and pet peeves. This is a question that's potentially frightening to ask and could score you some offensive answers. But if you both share your ultimate deal breakers off the top, it could save you some time.5. 问他一些大转弯的问题和他最讨厌的东西。通常人们会下意识害怕谈及这个问题，而且问了的话也只会得到一些令人不快的回答。但如果你俩都能开诚布公的说出自己最讨厌的东西，那么这可能会节省你们的时间。