当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 口语英语学习材料 > 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读 第517期

跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读 第517期

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.84W 次

The vision that was planted in my brain still remains, within the sound of silence.

跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读 第517期

语音讲解

跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读 第517期 第2张

跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读 第517期 第3张

跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读 第517期 第4张

今日发音练习重点:

1. brain remains 押元韵

2. sound=s+ou+nd

3. planted的另一种读法

winter/twenty/ I want it/ isn't it

言之有物

1. vision 幻觉/幻影

视力 poor vision 视力差

Cats have good night vision.

猫在夜间视力好。

想象力 he had visions of becoming famous(远见).

vision不与介词in、into和out of连用,但sight和view常与这些介词连用:

There was nobody in vision.

There was nobody in sight.

A tall figure came into vision.

A tall figure came into view.

2. 词链儿:XX remains/remained 存在着

If something still exists, you can say that it remains.

Even today parts of the old wall remain. 甚至在今天,墙的一部分仍然存在着。

拓展:remain XX 保持XX =stay

I was allowed to remain at home. 我可以在家呆着。

remain+adj.

remain silent 保持沉默

3. within XX 在XX之内

arrived within two days 两天内到达

within a week 一周内

活学活用

请用 remains 随意造句

The Sound of Silence

Paul Simon

Hello darkness, my old friend,

你好,黑暗,我的老友

I've come to talk with you again,

我又来同你谈一谈

Because a vision softly creeping,

因为一种幻觉悄悄来临

Left its seeds while I was sleeping,

趁我入睡时播下了种子

And the vision that was planted in my brain

那在我的脑海中生长的幻觉

Still remains within the sound of silence.

仍然滞留在寂静之声中。

In restless dreams I walked alone narrowstreets of cobblestone,

孤独地行走在狭窄的人街道上,

'Neath the halo of a street lamp,I turnedmy collar to the cold and damp

在路灯的光晕下寒冷潮湿,我翻竖衣领。

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of aneon light

刺痛我眼睛的霓虹灯划破夜晚,

That split the night and touched the soundof silence.

触摸到那寂静之声。

And in the naked light

在那无遮蔽的灯光里

I saw ten thousand people, maybe more.

我看见成千上万的人们,也许更多。

People talking without speaking,

人们交谈不用口,

People hearing without listening,

人们倾听不用口,

People writing songs that voices nevershare

人们写出歌曲却没有人唱。

And no one dare

没有人敢去

Disturb the sound of silence.

惊动那寂静之声。

Fools, said I,

我说:“你们是傻子,

You do not know

你们不知道

Silence like a cancer grows.

寂静犹如癌症一般生长。

Hear my words that I might teach you,

听听我教你们的语言,

Take my arms that I might reach you.

握住我伸给你们的手臂。“

But my words like silent raindrops fell,

但是我的话如同雨滴般无声落下,

And echoed in the wells of silence

回荡在寂静的深井里。

And the people bowed and prayed to the neonGod they made.

人们朝着他们创造的霓虹灯低头祈祷。

And the sign flashed out its warning, inthe words that it was forming.

而霓虹灯广告牌却在一闪一闪发出警告:

And the signs said, the words of theprophets are written on the subway walls

“先知者的语言就在地铁站墙上,

And tenement halls.

就在贫民的住房中。”

Whisper'd in the sounds of silence.

它还在寂静之声中低语。

《寂静之声》(The Sound of Silence)是Paul Simon和Garfunkel合作的一首歌曲,收录在1964年10月19日录制的专辑《Wednesday Morning》中。 该歌曲在1967年作为美国电影《毕业生》的主题歌 ,2009年作为电影《守望者》的插曲 ,2013年作为电影《激战》的插曲 。

关注微信号:TeacherGwen,跟着Gwen老师每天学点英语