当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 英语突破情景对话 > 迷你对话学地道口语第97期:吹毛求疵

迷你对话学地道口语第97期:吹毛求疵

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.81W 次

迷你对话:

迷你对话学地道口语第97期:吹毛求疵

A:My son is alway complaining that Idump onhim. He was very rude and told me to mind my own business. I cannot put up with that.

我的儿子总是抱怨我对他太挑剔了,他很不客气,让我管好自己就行了,我真是受不了。

B:What does his dad say?

他爸爸怎么说的?

A:John is a peacemaker. He simply doesn’t bother. He says he should give him a free hand.

John是个老好人,根本就不管。他说给儿子自由的空间。

地道表达:

dump on: 对......吹毛求疵

支持范例:

Eg. It would be wise not to dump on anything.

不吹毛求疵或批评将是明智的。

Eg. It would be silly to dump on a gift.

对礼物吹毛求疵是愚蠢的。

Eg. At the bottom of her heart she despised the other people, who dumped on trifles.

她在心底里蔑视其他人,他们专在小事上吹毛求疵,小题大作。

Eg. As soon as I presented my argument,he began to dump on it.

我一提出我的论据,他就开始吹毛求疵了。

Eg. We ought not to begin by dumping on everything.

我们不应当一开始就对一切事情采取吹毛求疵的态度。

词海拾贝:

1.mind one’s own business:做自己的本分事情

Eg. He was sensible enough to mind his own business.

他很聪明,不管别人闲事。

Eg. He asked me if I was married, so I told him to mind his own business.

他问我结婚了没有,我叫他少管闲事。

Eg. As he was always interfering, I told him to mind his own business.

因他常来干涉,我叫他少管闲事。

Eg. Why can't you mind your own business, and let me mind mine?

你干嘛不去管你自己的事,偏要来管我的事呢?

2.put up with:忍耐,忍受

Eg. I can' t put up with your hypocrisy any more.

我再也不能容忍你的虚伪态度了。

Eg. He said he could not put up with such internal sabotage any longer.

他说,他再也不能忍受这种从内部来的阴谋活动了。

Eg. You would need to be a saint to put up with her children.

只有圣人才能容忍她的那几个孩子。

boss is an absolute dictator and I don't know how you guys put up with it.

你们的老板是一个十足的大独裁者,我不知道你们这些人怎能容忍。

3.give sb a free hand:给予某人自由发挥的空间

Eg. Mr. Lodge will give Miss King a free hand in preparing the dance.

洛奇先生将让金小姐以全权筹备舞会。

Eg. He was inclined to give them a free hand.

他倾向于放手让他们干。

Eg. How about give him a free hand and see how it will turn out?

这样好不好放手让他去干,然后看看结果如何。