当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 英语突破情景对话 > 描写垂死挣扎的英语句子口语

描写垂死挣扎的英语句子口语

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.79W 次

同学们多花点心思,小编今天给大家带来的是英语的口语,学习英语就是要花很多时间的,大家要好好看一看,背一背,这样才能更快的提升英语成绩

描写垂死挣扎的英语句子口语

  一

1. He was sent up for three years.

他蹲了三年监狱。

2. If she finds out, the balloon will go up.

要是她发现可就糟了。

3. She has no qualms about lying.

她撒起谎来脸都不带红的。

4. Answer me unambiguously.

请正面回答。

5. Actually I’m a man of the old school.

其实我很传统。

the old school 旧的,旧式样的;保守派,守旧派。而与此相对的the new school 就是新式派的意思。

6. Some work experience will stand you in good stead.

积累点工作经验对你有好处。

stand sb. in good stead 给某人好处,对某人有利,对某人大有帮助

e.g. My father's words stand me in good stead for the rest of my life. 父亲的话对我一生都很有帮助。

7. You’re fighting a losing battle.

不要垂死挣扎了。

losing battle 必败之仗,取胜无望的战斗

e.g. It's a losing battle trying to persuade Henry to take more exercise. 要说服亨利多运动纯属徒劳。

8. You don’t have to be so deferential.

你不必这么恭恭敬敬的。

9. I bear him no malice.

我对他没有恶意。

10. She’s taken up with a bunch of artistes.

她最近经常跟一帮艺人来往。

take up with 开始与…交往;致力于…,热衷于…;采纳;赞成

e.g. He took up with smugglers. 他和走私犯混到一块儿去了。

  二

1. Hopes dimmed.

希望越来越渺茫。

2. I went all out!

我已尽力了!

go all out 全力以赴,鼓足干劲

e.g. We have to go all out and catch up with them. 我们要鼓足干劲赶上他们。

3. The groom made the rounds.

新郎挨个敬酒。

make the rounds 串门拜访,四处走动

e.g. In hospitals, night nurses are making their usual rounds. 医院里,值夜班的护士正在例行查房。

4. You’re taking your life in your hands.

你在玩命。

5. It’s just a one-off.

只是一次性的。

6. I need a few days to mull it over.

给我几天让我想想。

mull over 琢磨,斟酌,反复考虑

7. How can we mitigate the effects now?

我们现在怎样才能缓解问题?

8. They’re as thick as thieves.

他们俩形影不离。

thick as thieves 亲密无间,交情深厚

9. You keep going off on a tangent.

你老是跑题。

10. I’m nursing my energy.

我在积蓄力量。