当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第424期:Bus Ride 乘坐公交车

美语情景对话 第424期:Bus Ride 乘坐公交车

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 4.79K 次

Todd: Hey, Akane, the other day we were coming home on the bus and I got off the bus and I thought you were on the same bus as us, but when I started walking home, you weren't around. What happened?

托德:嘿,茜,那天我们坐公交车回家,我觉得你和我们在同一辆公交车上,可是我下车往家走的时候,并没有看到你。发生什么事了?

Akane: Well, it's kind of a funny story actually. I fell asleep on the bus and I was so tired that afternoon. It was a Friday afternoon and I'd had a long week and just fell deep into sleep and I really didn't notice when we were at the end of the bus ride and we were at the station, and then I was really upset because the bus driver didn't say anything and so I just kept sleeping and by the time I woke up and noticed we were on our way back to the school again. Yes, and I didn't get a chance to press the button and get off until I was almost halfway to the school, so I ended up getting home really late and even more tired and it wasn't a very good experience at all.

茜:这实际上有点搞笑。那天我在公交车上睡着了,因为我那天下午太累了。那是周五下午,整整工作一周很累,所以我睡着了,我真的没有注意到我们到了公交车总站,之后我非常恼火,因为公交车司机什么都没说,我只是一直在睡觉,等我醒过来的时候我发现我们正在返回学校的路上。离学校还有一半路程的时候我才有机会按按钮下车,所以我非常晚才到家,而且我更累了,那次经历太糟糕了。

Todd: Did you say anything to the bus driver when you got off?

托德:你下车的时候有没有跟公交车司机说什么?

Akane: No, I didn't because I was so flustered and I was in a rush to get off that I didn't really get to say anything.

茜:没有,我没有说的原因是我太慌乱了,而且我很着急下车,所以我什么都没说。

Todd: Oh, that must have been so annoying.

托德:哦,那一定很让人生气。

Akane: It was.

茜:的确是。

Todd: So what time did you actually make it home?

托德:那你几点到的家?

Akane: I think it was around 7:30, maybe.

茜:我想大概7点半左右。

Todd: Well, the next time we come home, I'll look for you and I'll make sure to wake you up.

托德:嗯,下次回家的时候我会注意你的,而且我保证会叫醒你。

Akane: For sure, and make sure to look in the back seat and make sure I'm not lying down horizontally because I think that's maybe how the bus driver missed out on the fact I was there.

茜:一定要确保看看后排的座位,确保我没有平躺在椅子上,因为我想那可能是公交车司机没有意识到我在那里的原因。

美语情景对话 第424期:Bus Ride 乘坐公交车

译文属仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载

重点讲解:
1. get off
下车;
eg. I get off at the next station.
我在下一站下车。
eg. Wait until the bus is stationary before you get off.
你要等公共汽车停稳了再下车。
2. fall asleep
入睡;睡着;进入梦乡;
eg. Poor sleepers take longer to fall asleep than good sleepers.
与睡眠好的人相比,睡眠不好的人要花更长的时间才能入睡。
eg. He tried to fall asleep, but a sense of uneasiness tugged at him.
他试着睡去, 可是一种不安的感觉牵扯着他。
3. in a rush
急急忙忙;匆忙;
eg. So sorry to have kept you waiting, but we're rather in a rush today.
很对不起,让你久等了,不过我们今天真的是很忙。
eg. That's what happens when you're always in a rush.
在你赶时间的时候,这种事情经常发生。
4. for sure
无疑;肯定;
eg. We cannot say for sure what will happen.
我们无法确定会发生什么事。
eg. Well, we can't cut the research budget, that's for sure.
嗯, 我们不能削减研究的预算, 这是肯定的。
5. lie down
躺下(休息或睡眠);
eg. If you feel unwell, go and lie down.
如果你感到不舒服,就去躺下。
eg. She could lie down and sleep for days.
她可以躺下来,睡它个三天五天。
6. miss out on
没有参加,错过(对自己有益或有趣的事);
eg. However hard you try, you'll always miss out on something in life. Let's just enjoy the moment.
不管你怎么赶,人生中总有抓不住的,享受当下吧!
eg. I cannot miss out on such an interesting event!
这么好玩的活动怎么能少了我呢!