当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第388期:Food and Health 食物和健康

美语情景对话 第388期:Food and Health 食物和健康

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 3.79K 次

Adrienne: So, Mike, you don't eat fast food, huh?

埃德里安娜:迈克,你不吃快餐,对吧?

Mike: No, no. I find fast food not very healthy and I try to eat healthy and try to live a healthy kind of lifestyle.

迈克:不吃,我不吃。我认为快餐非常不健康,我尽量吃得更健康,尽量以健康的生活方式生活。

Adrienne: How do you do that?

埃德里安娜:你是怎么做的?

Mike: Well, I'm going to the gym, not sMoking, just generally trying not to do too much bad stuff for your body I guess, you know like over doing things.

迈克:嗯,我去健身房,不抽烟,一般不做太多对身体有害的事情,你知道像过度做一些事情之类的。

Adrienne: What kind of things do you think are bad for your body?

埃德里安娜:你认为哪类事情是对身体有害的?

Mike: Stress, probably the worst thing is stress, but of course I think anything you do to much of, like you know, for example, if you, if you're somebody who smokes then smoking too much is probably a bad thing, although of course smoking I think is not good at all, but anyways, or, like if some people, if you want to go out for drinks then drinking too much is probably a bad thing, or eating too much is a bad thing so, so everything I think in balance is the healthiest thing.

迈克:压力,压力可能是对身体最有害的,当然我认为任何事做过了都不好,比如,如果你抽烟抽得很厉害,那就是件坏事,而且我认为抽烟一点好处都没有,当然,如果有些人喝酒喝得很凶,那也是不好的事,还有吃太多东西也是坏事,所以我认为不管什么事,保持平衡是最健康的方式。

Adrienne: Moderation is the key!

埃德里安娜:关键就是要适度!

Mike: That's the word.

迈克:没错,就是这个。

Adrienne: So what kind of things do you do to stay healthy?

埃德里安娜:那你做什么来保持健康呢?

Mike: Um, well, wake up, I mean wake up early, go for a run or go to the gym in the morning, everyday, and then just try to eat a balanced diet, not eat a lot of, like you said at the beginning, like fast food and stuff I stay away from in general, and not try to over do it with, try not to get too stressed out about things at work, and also try not to party too much.

迈克:嗯,早起,每天早上去跑步或是去健身,饮食要均衡,像你刚开始说的垃圾食品,就不要吃太多,通常这都是我不吃的食物,同时做事不要做得太过,工作中不要有太多的压力,尽量不要参加太多派对。

Adrienne: Do you have any fast food that you like to eat just once in awhile, just as a special treat?

埃德里安娜:你偶尔会不会吃一次快餐,就像特别待遇一样?

Mike: Um, yeah, sure! I mean I love chocolate, so you know, for sure. I've lived in Belgium for several months and I got used to really, really good Belgium chocolate.

迈克:啊,当然会了!我是说我喜欢巧克力,你知道,这是肯定的。我在比利时住了几个月,那时我喜欢吃美味的比利时巧克力。

Adrienne: Very good chocolate there!

埃德里安娜:那里的巧克力非常不错!

Mike: Absolultely, so yeah! It's kind of, if I do occasionally I'll have a little bit of Belgium chocolate.

迈克:绝对是的!我偶尔会吃一点比利时巧克力。

Adrienne: Mm, that sounds good. Maybe we should get some.

埃德里安娜:嗯,听起来不错。也许我们应该来点巧克力。

美语情景对话 第388期:Food and Health 食物和健康

重点讲解:
1. in balance
平衡;总而言之;
eg. To keep ecology in balance is our duty.
保持生态平衡是我们的职责。
eg. Since the structures designed by civil engineers are intended to be stationary or stable, these forces must be kept in balance.
土木工程师设计的目的就是使建筑物的结构稳定,所以建筑物上的各方力都必须平衡。
2. stay away from
不去,远离(某地);
eg. The doctor told him to stay away from fat food.
医生叫他不要吃高脂肪的食物。
eg. Flu is catching, so stay away from work.
流感是会传染的,所以别去工作了。
3. in general
总的来说;总体上来看;大体上;
eg. People in general will support us.
总体而言,人们会支持我们的。
eg. In general, I agree to what you said.
我大体上同意你所说的。
4. once in a while
偶尔;间或;
eg. Earrings need to be taken out and cleaned once in a while.
耳环要偶尔取出来清洗一下。
eg. Once in a while she phoned him.
她间或会给他打个电话。
5. for sure
无疑;肯定;
eg. No one knows for sure, of course.
当然,没人知道确切答案。
eg. For sure, we're headed for a time of abundance, at least in quantity.
毫无疑问,我们正迈向一个信息丰富(至少在数量上是这样)的时代。