当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 老美经常挂在嘴边的地道美语范例

老美经常挂在嘴边的地道美语范例

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.6W 次

老美经常挂在嘴边的地道美语

clueless 脑子不灵活的,笨的

I 'm clueless when it comes to woman I have no idea what they want.

我遇到女人的时候无所适从,我不知道她们在想些什么.

He's absolutely clueless.
他毫无本事.

As we approach death, we are clueless to where we are heading.
尤其是在面临死亡时,我们便更加无所适从.





Buddy up with someone 和别人交朋友/和谁的距离近

I was just trying to look busy so the counselors wouldn't try to buddy me up with the runny-nose kid in the corner.

我总是要扮的很忙的样子才能不让老师们把我和街上那些留着鼻涕的小孩归为一类.

Can I buddy up with you ?I need a new lab partner for chemistry class.

我能和你交个朋友吗?我想找个人和我在化学实验课同组.

You should buddy up with someone , you don't want to get lost in the crowd.

你该找个同伴,不然你会走丢的.




grease some wheels 拉近关系;花钱贿赂(引申)

If you want to make sure your firm gets the money, you should grease some wheels with the client.

如果你想能确保公司赚到钱,你就得多和客户套套近乎.

We had to grease some wheels to get into the VIP room.

我们得通过关系进入VIP房间.




a babe fest 帅哥靓女云集的地方

fest 是festival的缩写,a babe fest 意思是帅哥靓女云集的地方.

Let's go to the beach ,It's a babe fest .

我们去海滩吧,那里帅哥靓女云集.

The "o" bar is full of beautiful people , it's a total babe fest .

那个O吧有好多养眼的人,简直就是帅哥靓女的聚集地.





take a rain check :改天

此俚语来历:因雨停赛时送给观众下次免费来看的票(另一次机会),也就是改天的意思啦.

I can't make it to dinner tonight, can I take a rain check ?

今晚我不能去吃晚饭了,改天好吗?

I 'll take a rain check on going to the movie ,I have too much work to do tonight .

我改天去看电影,今晚我有很多工作要做.


老美经常挂在嘴边的地道美语 第2张


big time程度深,难度大

Wow, I am crying big time.

我大哭了一场.

I'm gonna get in trouble big time , if I don't do my homework. Hit big time, baby.




brace yourself做好准备;振作精神(奋起)

Brace yourself the economy might not get better for a while , start saving money now.

做好准备,经济情况短期内不会有好转,开始省钱吧.

Brace yourself. Because 2009 is Blizzard's year.

振作起来,睁大你的眼睛,因为2009年是暴雪年.





That was close好险,可真够悬的

ROSE DOYLE: You can't pass him! There's not enough room! Get back! Look out! A car's coming! Oh! That was close!

罗丝‧道尔:你不能超越他!没有足够的空间!退回来!小心!有一辆车子来了!哦!那真危险.

That car almost ran right into you , that was close .

那辆车差点撞到你,好险啊.

That was close my girlfriend almost saw me talking to another girl.

真不巧,我女朋友差点看到我和另外一个女孩谈笑.



老美经常挂在嘴边的地道美语 第3张


a hot idea 非常好的主意

Maybe it isn't such a hot idea.

也许这不是好主意.

I have a hot idea, why don't we have a lunch and go to the beach today.

我有个好主意,我们吃完午餐后去海滩怎么样?