当前位置

首页 > 商务英语 > 常用商务英语口语 > 白领的一天:交通与住房

白领的一天:交通与住房

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 6.52K 次

Jessica和她的外国朋友Peter聊起了刚到北京的生活。

白领的一天:交通与住房

J: Finally I managed to find a place to live in Beijing.
我总算在北京找到住的地方了。

P: That is great to hear! Where is it?
那太好啦!在哪个地方?

J: Somewhere near my place of work. I don’t know the location exactly, I am new here.
离我工作地地方很近,我不知道具体的地址,我才刚来呢。

P: No worries, I hope you are near a subway station, too.
没事,我希望你附近有个地铁站。

J: Yep. The transportation is very convenient… one of the factors that I decided to rent that place.
附近有。交通很便捷,这是我觉得租下那个地方的原因之一。

P: Yeah that is very important. Where I was living in Perth before I came to China was like that, only 5 minutes walk from the train station and 2 minutes walk from a bus route to the city and a big shopping centre.
恩,这很重要。在我来北京之前,我在帕斯住的地方情况就是这样的,只要走5分钟就可以到火车站,走2分钟就可以到达开往城里的公交线和一个大型的购物中心。

J: Cool! I think I am starting to settle in.
真棒!我觉得我开始适应新环境了。

P: That is good. It will take a little bit of time.
这很好啊。这是需要一点时间的。

词汇讲解:

settle in/into sth: to begin to feel happy and relaxed in a new situation, home, job, or school 安顿下来,习惯于(新居),适应(新工作)

How are the kids settling into their new school?
孩子们在新学校习惯吗?

I haven't yet settled in in my new job.
我还未适应我的新工作。