当前位置

首页 > 英语学习 > 英语阅读技巧 > 双语美文:一个外卖送餐员的感谢

双语美文:一个外卖送餐员的感谢

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.76W 次

I work for Skip the Dishes

双语美文:一个外卖送餐员的感谢

我的工作是送外卖.


If someone doesn't answer their door,

如果有人不出来接餐


we call.

我们就会打电话


If they don't answer the call,

如果他们连电话都不接


we message support chat,

我们会跟客服联系


and wait 7 mins while they try to contact them.

客服会尝试联系买家,我们会等待7分钟


If there is no answer after 7 minutes,

如果7分钟之后仍没有音讯


we can keep the food and leave.

我们可以自己收下食物,然后离开


You ordered from subway.

一个买家在三明治店下了单


A foot long pulled pork sub, and a 6 inch pizza sub. 2 bags of chips, and 1 cookie.

加长手撕猪肉三明治,六英寸长的披萨三明治,两袋薯条,还有一块曲奇


Because of you,

以为你


my family ate today.

我们一家人都美餐了一顿


I was so excited,

我感到兴奋无比


I ended my shift

我早早下班


and drove right home.

径直开车回家


My boyfriend got half of the foot long

我的男友吃了半份加长三明治


and a bag of chips,

还吃了一包薯条


my son got the pizza sub

儿子吃了披萨三明治


and half of my half of the footlong,

还吃了我那半个加长三明治的一半


as well as the chips and cookie.

还吃了薯条和曲奇


I got the remaining quarter of the foot long.

我吃了剩下的四分之一个加长三明治


I am the sole provider

我是家里唯一挣钱的人


and we are not doing well.

家里状况并不好


I always short myself

我总是省吃俭用


to try to get them what they need.

设法为他们提供他们所需的东西


I had to spend most of the grocery budget on bills this month

这个月,大多数的杂物消费都是赊账


just to keep the water on and keep my job.

就为了保住我的工作,为了交水费


I haven't seen my son so excited in a long time,

我很久没见儿子这么开心了


as he was to get 2 treats with his yummy sandwich.

当他得知自己能吃到曲奇和薯条,还有美味的三明治的时候


I always feel bad when someone doesn't get their food.

当买家不接餐的时候,我总会十分内疚


Fortunately, the customer gets credit

还好,这样的买家可以得到积分


so they can re-order the food again free of charge.

他们可以免费重新下单


I'm sure they were annoyed at me somehow,

不知为何,我很确信,买家看到我的时候总是一副被惹恼的样子


I normally get bad reviews

我时常会得到差评


when someone doesn't pick up their food,

当买家不来接餐


despite me doing everything I can,

无论我如何做都没有作用的时候


but I wish they knew what it did for me.

我希望他们知道,因为他们,我得到了什么