当前位置

首页 > 英语学习 > 英语阅读技巧 > 双语美文:路坑与酸酸糖

双语美文:路坑与酸酸糖

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.05W 次

Oh where to begin...

双语美文:路坑与酸酸糖

从何说起呢……


life can be a thorn in your side

生活可能化作你侧肋上的一根刺


 (or in my case, a nail)

在我这个故事中,是一根钉子


leaving you feeling defeated

让你感到挫败


and full of self doubt and disappointment.

让你满心自我怀疑,悲观失望


YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

不是只有你才会这样!


But you need to know one thing

但你要知道一件事


-the only way to make lemonade out of those nasty molded lemons life throws your way,

生活朝你扔来苦涩的柠檬,你可以把它们变成甘甜的柠檬汁,唯一的办法


 is to change your attitude about it all.

就是改变你对这一切的态度


 You see,

你明白了吗


it's not necessarily about the situation you find yourself in,

最重要的并不一定是你所身处的处境


but the way you respond to it.

而是你应对它的态度


Let me explain...

让我解释一下


Do not expect to be treated fairly in this life.

请不要奢望生活会对你公允


My 43 years have taught me that.

我43年的人生阅历教会了我这一点


Just get over it now.

放下过去就好


If you start each day acknowledging the fact that

如果你在每一天刚开始的时候都能意识到一个事实


you will more than likely hit a "pothole" or two,

即,你很可能会踩入一个,甚至两个泥坑


then you are already a step ahead.

那么,你已经朝未来迈进了一大步


But here is where it gets tricky...

但是,至此,事情也变得复杂起来


When you are cruising along

如果你只是在生活之路上信马由缰


and catching every green light in life

每个生活的岔路口都会遇到绿灯


with no traffic around

周围也没有其他车辆阻碍交通


and everyone is following the rules

每个人都在按规矩行事


and all is good,

一切都十分美好


out of nowhere one of those proverbial potholes makes it's presence

直到传说中的一个路坑没来由的突然出现,


known in the form of a flat tire.

看到被扎破的轮胎你才知道发生了什么


Now, you are allowed to be upset

现在,生活允许你情绪低沉


and maybe a bit scared or worried,

或许还有些害怕或者担心


but don't live there.

不要沉湎于此


Pack up your bags and move on.

收拾好行装,继续上路


May your response be "I won't let this slow me down."

希望你对这件事的反应是,“我不会让这件事放慢我前进的速度”


Choose to see it as a life lesson...

你可以选择将它视为生活给你的一个教训


hitting the pothole made you aware that

踩进路坑会让你明白


all 4 tires were dangerously bald

生活之路上载你前行的四个轮胎都状态极差,情况危急


and needing replacing.

需要替换


Or, think how this tiny pothole saved you from another more serious pothole down the road,

或者,想想看,或许这个小小的路坑让你免于掉进前面的另一个路坑,或者可能更加危险


or see it as a challenge to be a crying shoulder for a friend

或者,将此视为一种挑战,挑战你是否能成为供朋友哭泣的臂膀


or a trusted listener to people's issues

能否成为遇到麻烦的他人的忠实听众


because you have survived these potholes .

因为你是从路坑中走出来的幸存者


It's all in the way you respond.

关键就在于你应对的态度


Now, I don't know about you

现在,我可能不认识你


but I think it takes some training and self discipline

但我觉得,你可能需要长期的自我训练和自律


to be able to smile

才能微笑应对


and skip away from a "flat tire by a pothole" kind of day,

才能忘记这样“被一个路坑扎破轮胎”的日子


but you can do it!

但我相信你能做到!


It's not easy everyday,

想要每天如此并非易事


and some potholes are bigger and deeper than others...

有些路坑比你见过的更大,更深


the days you want to kick and scream

有些日子,你只想双脚乱踢,想要尖叫


and cry and shake your fist at life and accuse it.

想要痛苦,想要对生活挥舞你的拳头,想要诅咒生活


The struggle is real, I know firsthand .

我已经在你之前知晓,你会真切的感受到生活的折磨


Suffering with my disease and illnesses,

于自己的大病小病斗争


I have no choice but to respond to those rough days,

我不得不直面那些艰难的日子,除此别无选择


the days you wish you could have a do over

有些日子,你只想重新来过


with a positive outlook

带着更为积极的态度


and remind yourself that it's a part of life.

提醒自己,这只是生活的一部分


And you know what is even better,

你知道更好的是什么吗


pushing through those seemingly impossible days,

当你熬过那些看似无法熬过的艰难日子


makes those "perfect" days all the more delicious...

会让那些“完美”的日子更加美味


it reminds me of sour ball candy.

这让我想到了酸酸糖


At first it's so sour

一开始你只觉得太酸了


and tingles your tongue

你舌头打结


and you pucker

你龇牙咧嘴


and struggle to keep it in your mouth,

克制自己不把糖吐出去


but if you push through for a few seconds,

但如果你能坚持几秒钟


you find yourself beginning to enjoy the second layer of the candy

你会发现,自己已经开始品味这颗糖深层的滋味


because it is sweet and tasty

因为它十分甜美可口


and brings pleasure to your taste buds

让你的味蕾倍感愉悦


and you realize that it was a great piece of candy after all.

你最终意识到,说到底,这的确是一颗滋味绝赞的糖果!