当前位置

首页 > 英语学习 > 英语阅读技巧 > 双语美文:多年后,我终于变成了最好的自己

双语美文:多年后,我终于变成了最好的自己

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.34W 次

I'm 28(M), and for the first time in my adult life I am completely happy and at peace.

双语美文:多年后,我终于变成了最好的自己

今年我28岁了,成年之后,这是第一次,我感到自己心中充满了喜悦和安宁

There were so many times I wanted to give up

曾经有那么多次,我想要放弃

but didn't out of fear of hurting other people

却并没有那样去做,因为我害怕伤害别人 

or causing them problems.

或者给别人制造麻烦 

But now as I sit writing this,

可是现在,当我坐在桌前写这篇文章的时候

I own my own home after years of financial mistakes,

我已经解决了多年的财政危机,买下了自己所住的房子

I have had a job for the last year and a half

过去的一年半以来,我做着自己梦寐以求的工作

that I'd kept applying for every year for seven years,

这份工作我花了七年时间才争取到,每年都在争取

and by letting go completely of my self judgement,

我放下了自己的偏见

I've found a wonderful girlfriend

有了一个非常好的女友

who is supportive , loving

她总是支持我,关爱我 

and makes me feel like I can conquer the world.

她让我觉得,自己可以征服整个世界

My health is improving

我的健康状况也逐渐改善

after trying consistently to find a diet and exercise plan that works.

过去我一直在寻找一套有效的节食锻炼方案 

I have a little bit of debt left that is slowly being whittled down

我的债务还剩下一点儿,它正逐步缩小

 and have an end plan for that being paid.

我已经有了计划,打算一举偿清所有债务

The only advice I can give to anyone who read this is

对那些正读着这篇文章的人,我能给出的唯一的建议就是 

if I can do it so can you,

既然我能做到,你也一定能

 persuade people to hang in there is so cliche

告诉别人坚持住,这听上去像是陈词滥调

but honestly, when you keep pushing forward

可是,说真的,当你坚持向前走的时候

and up there IS eventually a flat ground that sees all your hard work pay off.

你一定会攀上一处平坦的高地,纵览来时的路,你会发现所有的辛苦都是值得的。