当前位置

首页 > 英语阅读 > 英文经典故事 > 心灵鸡汤:要金子,自己挖 If You Want Golds, Dig them by Yourself

心灵鸡汤:要金子,自己挖 If You Want Golds, Dig them by Yourself

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.8W 次

心灵鸡汤:要金子,自己挖 If You Want Golds, Dig them by Yourself

There was once a farmer who had a fine olive orchard. He was very hardworking, and the farm always prospered under his care. But he knew that his three sons despised he farm work, and were eager to make wealth, through adventure.

从前有一个农民,他有一座漂亮的橄榄园。他非常勤劳,而且农场在他的照管下蒸蒸日上。可他知道自己的三个儿子瞧不起农活,都迫不及待的想通过冒险发家致富。

When the farmer was old, and felt that his time had come to die, he called the three sons to him and said, “My sons, there is a pot of gold hidden in the olive orchard. Dig for it, if you wish it.” The sons tried to get him to tell them in what part of the orchard the gold was hidden; but he would tell them nothing more. After the farmer was dead, the sons went to work to find the pot of gold; since they did not know where the hiding-place was, they agreed to begin in a line, at one end of the orchard, and to dig until one of them should find the money.

这个农民上了年岁,感到死期快要来临时,将三个儿子叫到身边 说:儿子们,橄榄园里藏有一罐金子。你们想要,就去挖吧。儿子们想让父亲告诉他们金子藏在果园的那一块地方,可他什么也没再给他们说。那个农民死后,三个儿子就开始挖地,想找到那罐金子;因为他们不知道金子藏在什么地方,

所以他们一致同意排成一行从果园的一头开始挖起,直到其中一人挖到金子为止

心灵鸡汤:要金子,自己挖 If You Want Golds, Dig them by Yourself 第2张

They dug until they had turned up the soil from one end of the orchard to the other, round the tree-roots and between them. But no pot of gold was to be found. It seemed as if someone must have stolen it, or as if the farmer had been wandering in his wits. The three sons were bitterly disappointed to have all their work for nothing. The next olive season, the olive trees in the orchard bore more fruit than they had ever given; when it was sold, it gave the sons a whole pot of gold.

他们挖啊挖,从果园的一头一直挖到了另一头,果树周围和果树之间也都挖到了,可还是没有找到那罐金子。看来一定是有人已经把那罐金子头拿走了, 要么就是他们的父亲一直在异想天开。三个儿子对他们白干了一场,感到大失所望。到了第二年的橄榄季节,果园里的橄榄树接出的果子比以往的都多;卖完果子后,三个儿子赚了整整一罐金子。

And when they saw how much money had come from the orchard, they suddenly understood what the wise father had meant when he said, “There is gold hidden in the orchard. Dig for it, if you wish it.”

他们从果园里得到这么多钱后,突然明白了聪明的父亲所说的果园里藏有金子,想要就去挖吧,这句话的含义。

推荐阅读

  • 1amplifying the perfomance degree of the reforms and opening to the outside world是什么意思、英文翻译及中文解释
  • 2写给自己的心灵鸡汤
  • 3Accounting Forum (Baruch College of the City University of New York)是什么意思、英文翻译及中文解释
  • 4第98课:What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
  • 5心灵毒鸡汤
  • 6auxiliary devices for loadling movements of loads suspended from hoisting gear是什么意思、英文翻译及中文解释
  • 7第164课:When did something start out badly for you but in the end, it was great?
  • 8(should not) weaken public ownership (on account of developing commodity economy)是什么意思、英文翻译及中文解释
  • 9certificate of pensions for the wounded and disabled revolutionary armymen是什么意思、英文翻译及中文解释
  • 10心灵鸡汤550字
  • 11combustion engine with exhaust gas (waste gas) for sucking combustion residues from cylinders是什么意思、英
  • 12第198课:Will you be taking care of your parents when they grow old?
  • 13act of knowingly using forged,mutilated or disused instruments是什么意思、英文翻译及中文解释
  • 14心灵鸡汤:生命的故事 Story of Life
  • 15development zones for industries using high and new technology是什么意思、英文翻译及中文解释
  • 16人要相信自己-心灵鸡汤
  • 17第134课:As you get older, what are you becoming more and more afraid of?
  • 18第119课:If you suddenly became a master at woodworking, what would you make?
  • 19carburettor with fuel supply parts opened and closed in synchronism with engine stroke是什么意思、英文翻译及中文解
  • 20心灵鸡汤