当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 口语英语学习材料 > 点滴英语天天学第321期:雅思词汇(181)

点滴英语天天学第321期:雅思词汇(181)

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.53W 次

1. Expression:jerk one’s chain

点滴英语天天学第321期:雅思词汇(181)

Explanation1:To tease someone, often by trying to convince them of something untrue. (取笑某人

Example:Quit jerking my chain, I know there isn't a Hollywood director calling me right now.

别取笑我了,我知道现在没有一个好莱坞的导演打电话给我。

I love jerking my sister's chain—it's almost too easy to annoy her.

我喜欢取笑我的姐姐,惹她生气太容易了。

Explanation 2:To make someone upset. (使人心烦意乱,使某人烦恼或受害

Example:—— Hey! Can I ask you another question? ——Stop jerking my chain. I’m trying to study here.

——我可不可以再问你一个问题呢?——不要再烦我了! 我要念书。

—— Hey, let’s go to the zoo. ——Stop jerking my chain. I must finish my homwork today, otherwise mohter will be fussy.

——嘿,我们去动物园玩。——别烦我了,我今天必须把作业写完,否则妈妈会教训我的。

2. Expression:Jitterbug

Explanation:A highly nervous person. (紧张兮兮的人,容易紧张的人

Example:——After the earthquake, Nancy became a Jitterbug, being nervous all the time. ——Being a friend of hers, you should give her more help.

——地震后,Nancy变得成天紧张兮兮的,心神不宁。——你作为她的一个朋友,应该多多帮助她。

3. Expression:job hop

Explanation:To change jobs. (更换工作,跳槽

Example:——You shouldn’t have taken job hops so frequently. You should settle down in a company anhd learn some useful things. ——But I like to work in new enviornments.

——你不该频繁地跳槽,应该在一个公司安定下来,学点有用的东西。——但是我喜欢在新的环境中工作。