当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 口语英语学习材料 > 一分钟英语 第109期:A Fish Out of Water 别扭

一分钟英语 第109期:A Fish Out of Water 别扭

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 9.02K 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!

We all know that fish live in bodies of water.

我们都知道鱼生活在水中。

But what does it mean to be a "fish out of water".

但什么是“如鱼离水”呢?

一分钟英语 第109期:A Fish Out of Water 别扭

Jonathan. Are you going on the work trip next month?

乔纳森。你将要在下个月出差吗?

No...I don't think so. I would feel like a fish out of water.

不。我看不是。我将会浑身不自在。

Why? Why do you say that?

为什么?你为什么这样说?

You know, I don't like forests and nature. I am more comfortable in civilization!

你知道的。我不喜欢森林,不喜欢大自然的环境。我在城市里会更舒适。

To feel "like a fish out of water" means to be in an unfamiliar or uncomfortable situation.

“如鱼离水”表示处在不熟悉或不舒适的环境中。

Imagine a fish trying to survive outside of water.

想象一下鱼在没有水的地方努力挣扎。

For Jonathan, being out in nature makes him feel like a "fish out of water". He would rather be in a big city.

对于乔纳森来说,大自然的环境就好像让他“如鱼离水”。他更希望待在大城市

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》!