当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 口语英语学习材料 > 一分钟英语 第161期:Straight from the Horse's Mouth

一分钟英语 第161期:Straight from the Horse's Mouth

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.86W 次

Welcome to English in a minute.

欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!

This American idiom is about getting your facts right.

这个美语俚语是指直接收到消息。

Did you hear that rumor going around about Craig and Cheryl calling off their wedding?

你听说关于克莱和查理要取消婚礼的那个谣言了吗?

Yeah. I heard it straight from the horse's mouth.

我听说了。我是直接从当事人那里得到的消息。

Craig told me he's calling off the wedding.

克莱告诉我他正在取消婚礼。

I didn't want to ask too many questions, but it's true.

我不想问太多问题,但是这是真的。

一分钟英语 第161期:Straight from the Horse's Mouth

Do people really look into a horse's mouth for facts?

人们真的要从马嘴中寻找事实嘛?

Straight from the horse's mouth means you got information about a situation directly from a person involved, and not through rumors.

Straight from the horse's mouth的意思是直接从当事人那里得到消息,而不是通过谣言。

The saying comes from the fact that people can tell the true age of a horse by looking at the teeth in its mouth.

这个说法来源于人们可以通过观察马嘴中的牙齿,就可以知道马的年龄这一事实。

So if you get your information straight from the horse's mouth, you have the truth!

因此当你直接从当事人那里得到消息时,那么你就是得到了事实!

And that's English in a minute.

以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!