当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 口语英语学习材料 > 一分钟英语 第17期:It Costs Me an Arm and a Leg 价格非常高

一分钟英语 第17期:It Costs Me an Arm and a Leg 价格非常高

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.1W 次

Welcome to English in a Minute.

一分钟英语 第17期:It Costs Me an Arm and a Leg 价格非常高
欢迎收听《一分钟英语》。

Let's say you buy something.

来讨论一下购物的问题。

And when you pay for it, you say: This costs me an arm and a leg!

当你买某件东西时,你说“这花掉了我的一条腿和一只胳膊!”(This costs me an arm and a leg!)

Do you have to give them your arm and your leg? I hope not.

你是必须要给一只胳膊和一条腿么?我希望不是真的。

Let's listen to an American English conversation to see if we can find out what this means.

让我们来听听下面这段美式英语对话,看看能否明白它真正的意思。

Did you buy that new computer?

你买那台新电脑了么?

Yeah, I did. And it cost way more than I expected it to.

是的,买了。它比我想象中的贵了很多。

How much?

多少钱?

Let me just tell you it costs an arm and a leg!

它花掉了我一只胳膊和一条腿。(it costs an arm and a leg!)

When you say in American English that something costs an arm and a leg, it means that the price is very, very high.

当你用美式英语说某物花掉了一只胳膊和一条腿时(something costs an arm and a leg),意思是价格非常、非常高。

If you use this phrase, everyone in the United State will understand you.

如果你在美国使用这条短语,大家都会明白你的意思。

But this is an informal phrase, so don't use it in a business setting.

但是这是个非正式场合用语,所以不要在商务环境下用使用这个短语。

And that's English in a Minute.

以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。