当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 口语英语练习小对话 > 吸血鬼日记S03E01笔记:以为乡下人会更容易相信别人

吸血鬼日记S03E01笔记:以为乡下人会更容易相信别人

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.68W 次

1、I thought you country folk were supposed to be more trusting.

吸血鬼日记S03E01笔记:以为乡下人会更容易相信别人

我还以为你们乡下人会更容易信任别人。


country/farming folk

住在乡下的人;在乡下工作的人


e.g: simple country folk

普通村民


2、Just shopping for the party you're trying to bail out on.

为你的生日派对购物呢,你别想溜。


bail out

逃离;避开;离开


e.g: They bailed out after the dancing party.

舞会后他们离开了。


3、Another dead end you mean?

你是说,又要白跑一趟?


dead end

死胡同;僵局;无任何进展


e.g: The negotiations have reached a dead end.

谈判陷入了僵局。


4、My dad's side of the family is like wet paint that never dries.

我爸这边的事儿可多了,没完没了的。


like wet paint that never dries

连续不断的;没完没了的


e.g: There are so much work like wet paint that never dries.

这么多工作没完没了。


5、Something's up with your mother.

你妈肯定有什么事。


something is up with somebody

某人不对劲;有问题


e.g: Is something up with Julie? She looks really miserable.

朱莉怎么了?看着愁眉苦脸的。


6、Now your type are very hard to come by.

现在可很难遇见你这种人。


come by something

获得,得到(很稀有或难得到的东西)


e.g: How did you come by these pictures?

你是怎么得到这些画的?


7、I don't know why you just don't come clean and tell her where we are.

我不明白你为什么不说实话,告诉她我们在哪儿。


come clean

彻底交待;坦白承认;告知真相


e.g: The government should come clean about its plans.

政府应该坦白告诉大家计划。


8、You know I just need to chill out.

你知道的,我只是需要冷静一下。


chill out

冷静


e.g: I spent the afternoon chilling out.

一个下午我都在冷静。


9、This room's off limits.

这房间不能进。


off limits

禁止入内;禁区


e.g: Footpaths are, of course, off limits to bikers.

人行道是自行车和摩托车的禁区。


10、You put on a good show Stefan.

演得不错,斯特凡。


put up a good/poor show

表演的好/不好


e.g: Our team put up a pretty good show, but we lost in the end.

我们队表演的非常好,但是最后还是输了。