当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 口语英语练习小对话 > 吸血鬼日记S03E05笔记:从现在开始,你由我罩着

吸血鬼日记S03E05笔记:从现在开始,你由我罩着

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.45W 次

1、You're holding on to something.

吸血鬼日记S03E05笔记:从现在开始,你由我罩着

你隐瞒了一些事情。


hold on to

紧紧抓住;保留;不放弃


e.g: The soldiers held on to the bridge for three more days.

士兵们紧紧看守着这座桥已经3天了。


2、I thought I'd give it a shot.

想试试嘛。


give it a shot = try to do it

试一下


e.g: I didn't think I had much chance of winning the race, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

我觉得我没有机会赢得比赛,但我觉得我应该试一下。


3、You can stop playing dumb now.

你现在就别装傻了。


play dumb

装傻


e.g: ‘What is it?’ I asked, playing dumb.

我装傻地问道:“这是什么?”。


4、Oh, don't worry, I wasn't in my right head last time we met.

别担心,我们上次相遇时我不太清醒。


not right in the head

疯疯癫癫,精神错乱


e.g: If I walk in looking like that, they'll think I'm not right in the head.

我要是像那样走路,人们会觉得我精神错乱。


5、We're not going anywhere until you spill your guts.

你不说清你的鬼主意我们哪都不去。


spill your guts

把自己知道的都说出来;告知隐私;告知个人秘密


e.g: Bcause I wanted to be a quiet listener when you wanted to spill your guts.

因为我想在你想倾诉的时候做一个安静的聆听者。


6、The best shot at taking out Klaus is by finding Michael.

找到迈克尔才是除掉克劳斯的最佳选择。


shot at (doing) sth.

试图做某事;有机会做某事


e.g: If Lewis won his next fight, he would be guaranteed a shot at the title.

如果Lewis赢了下一场比赛,他将有机会赢得此头衔。


take somebody/something out

杀掉某人,毁掉某物


e.g: The building was taken out by a bomb.

这个建筑被一颗炸弹毁掉了。


7、From now on, you're under my protection. Mmm, by all means.

从现在开始,你由我罩着。嗯,当然。


by all means = of course

当然


e.g: 'Can I bring Alan?' 'By all means!'

“我能带走艾伦吗?”“当然!”