当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 英语突破情景对话 > Faith口语天天学第167期:没有你我活得更好

Faith口语天天学第167期:没有你我活得更好

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 6.46K 次

生活是美好的,心情是快乐的。 大家好,欢迎《Faith口语课堂-天天学》的新老学员们,我是Faith老师,新的一天又迎来了我们新的一课。准备好了吗?现在开始上课。
These days I'm considering leaving my boyfriend, I might be better off without him. 我这几天一直在考虑要离开我的男友,为什么呢?学完本课,你就会知道我的后半句英语为何意了。

Faith口语天天学第167期:没有你我活得更好

Grasp vt. 抓住,抓紧;理解,领会

He grasped my arm. 他抓住我的手臂。

I don't grasp the meaning. 我不懂这个意思。

People gain initiative only when they grasp the rules of things. 人们掌握了事物的规律就会获得主动权。

Grasp vi. 抓,伸手拿,想抓住;攫取(常与 at 连用)

He grasped at the opportunity. 他抓住了机会。

Grasp n. 抓住;理解

I kept her hand in my grasp. 我抓住她的手。

She has a good grasp of the English language. 她精通英语。

Be better off 更富裕;生活更好

They are much better off now. 他们的生活比过去好得多。

I was better off living alone. 我独自生活反而自在多了。

"I'd be better off dead," the poor old man said. “我倒不如死了的好。”可怜的老头说。

Compared with those who are suffering, we are better off. 跟那些受苦的人相比,我们过得很好了。

Be better off without 意为“没有……生活反而更好”

We'd be better off without them as neighbors. 要是没有他们这样的邻居,我们会过得更愉快。

You will be better off without your abusive boyfriend. 没有你那个虐待狂男友,你会好过且快乐些。

Listen, Roger, I'm better off without you. 听着,罗杰,没有你我活得更好!