当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 英语突破情景对话 > 英语初级对话

英语初级对话

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.01W 次

下面是本站小编整理的英语初级对话,希望对大家有帮助。

英语初级对话

  第一课 Holiday plan 假期计划

BOB: Right let me see, jackets, rucksacks, hiking boots ....

好的,让我看看,夹克衫,帆布背包,登山靴...

NANCY: Every year for Valentine's Day, Bob and I go on a trip. Two years ago, we went to Japan. Last year, we went to Paris. It was lovely.

每年情人节,Bob和我会去旅行。年前,我们去了日本。我们去年去巴黎了。真可爱。

BOB: Map, compass, cooler.

地图,指南针,冷却器...

NANCY: This year, Bob wants to go fishing and camping in the Lake District. I don't like fishing, but that's not the problem.

今年,Bob想去钓鱼和去湖区野营。我不喜欢钓鱼,但是那不是问题。

BOB: the tent!

还有帐篷!

NANCY: Camping is the problem. I hate camping.

野营是个问题。我讨厌野营。

  第二课 Are you sure you like the holiday plan? 您真的喜欢这个假期计划吗?

EMMA: So, where are you going this year?

所以,你今年去哪里?

NANCY: To the Lake District.

去湖区。

EMMA: Not Paris or Tokyo?

不是巴黎或者东京吗?

NANCY: No, your father wants to go fishing.

不,你的父亲想去钓鱼。

EMMA: Where are you going to stay?

你准备停留在哪儿?

NANCY: We are going to sleep in a tent.

我们会在帐篷里睡觉。

EMMA: You mean camping.

你的意思是野营。

NANCY: That's right. Camping.

对的。野营。

EMMA: Camping?

野营?

NANCY: Yes Emma we're going to go fishing and camping. It will be fun, it will be an adventure.

是的,Emma,我们准备去钓鱼和野营。可能会很有趣,这会是个冒险。

EMMA: OK if you say so. How long is the drive?

如果你这么说的话,那好吧。要开多久的车?

NANCY: Six hours.

6小时。

EMMA: Six hours to go camping?

花6小时去野营?

NANCY: Could you please check on your father?

可以请你检查一下您的父亲吗?

  第三课 The trip 旅行

BOB: Ready to go?

准备走吗?

NANCY: In a minute.

马上。

BOB: I made a plan. We'll take the A259 and then the M23. There won't be too much traffic on the road this early in the morning.

我制定了一个计划。我们会坐A259,然后坐M23。今天早上不会有很大的交通流量。

NANCY: Are we gonna stop at that little tea room for lunch? You know the little tea room I like?

我们可以在那个小茶馆里吃午餐吗?你知道我喜欢的那个小茶馆吗?

BOB: Let me see, we'll take the M25 then the M1, which takes us past Manchester.

让我看看,我们要坐M25,然后坐M1,它会带我们穿过曼彻斯特。

NANCY: And we'll have lunch at the tea room.

而且我们要在那间茶馆吃午餐。

BOB: We'll have lunch at the tea room. After that we'll take the M6 and then the A590 and we'll arrive at the Lake District about 4pm . This is going to be great, isn't it?

我们会在茶馆吃午餐。在那之后我们会坐M6,然后坐A590,然后我们会在下午4点到达湖区。太好了,不是吗?

NANCY: Yes, it will be lovely.

是的,这会很可爱。

BOB: So! Let's go!

当然!我们走吧!

  第四课 Secret plan 秘密计划

BOB: OK. Now, remember to bring in the mail every day. And don't forget the newspaper.

好的。现在,记住每天要在邮件中有所收获。而且不要忘记报纸。

EMMA: OK dad, don't worry.

好的爸爸,不要担心。

BOB: Oh! I almost forgot.

噢!我几乎忘了。

EMMA: What's that?

那是什么?

BOB: It's for our hotel.

这是给我们酒店的。

EMMA: I thought you were going to go camping.

我想你准备去野营了。

BOB: It's a surprise. You're mother THINKS we're going camping. But we're not, we're staying at a 5 star hotel.

好个惊喜!你的妈妈认为我们要去野营。但是我们不是,我们正呆在一个5星级酒店。

EMMA: Dad! You old romantic!

爸爸!你以前的浪漫!

BOB: But I am going fishing.

但是我正在钓鱼。

EMMA: Have a great trip. Drive safely and call me when you get there.

旅途愉快。安全驾驶,等你到那里之后打电话给我。

  第七课 UK versus USA 英国与美国

MARK: Sarah and I talk about the weather a lot. A lot. She's always reminding me, 'Oh, it's gonna rain'' Let's take an umbrella

Sarah和我关于天气谈论了很多。很多。她总是在提醒我,“噢,要下雨了。”让我们带把伞

SARAH: London is not like Los Angeles. The weather changes a lot more quickly. In London it's sunny and then it's raining. Not like in the States.

伦敦不像洛杉矶。天气变化的更快了。伦敦是一会儿晴天一会雨天。不像在美国。

MARK: I'm from California and I love it here. I can go to the beach, the desert. I love hiking in the mountains and fishing at the lake. I want Sarah to see it all, everything, it's home. You see Sarah and I like London but it's foggy.

我来自加利福尼亚并且我热爱这里。我可以去沙滩,去沙漠。我喜欢登山和在湖边钓鱼。我想让Sarah看到全部,一切,这就是家。你知道Sarah和我喜欢伦敦,但是雾太多了。

SARAH: London is not foggy.

伦敦的雾不是很多。

MARK: London is not foggy.

伦敦的雾不是很多。

SARAH: Really.

真的。

MARK: But it's a crowded city, with grey skies. It's expensive. It rains. But it's beautiful. Everything here's cheaper and we've got great weather.

但是这是个拥挤的城市,伴随着灰色的天空。很贵。下雨了。但是很漂亮。这里的一切都很便宜,而且我们拥有很好的天气。

MARK: It's not too hot. Okay, I want her here with me. Not all of California's a desert. We have beaches, the coast, miles of ocean. And I chose to go camping.

不是太热。好的,我想他和我在这里。并不是加利福尼亚所有的都是沙漠。我们有沙滩,海滨,数英里的海洋。还有我选择去野营。

MARK: It's not a good idea.

这不是个好主意。

  第八课 Make a new plan 制订新计划

MARK: There are so many other options than the desert in California. I mean it rained, flash floods, bad choice, bad!

在加利福尼亚比起沙漠还有很多其他的选择。我的意思是下雨,山洪暴发,是错误的选择,很糟!

SARAH: Mark, are you okay?

Mark,你还好吗?

MARK: Yeah, all good.

耶,都很好。

SARAH: We can go camping tomorrow. OK?

66365我们可以明天去野营。 65449好吗?

MARK: Let's go to a hotel.

我们去酒店吧。

SARAH: We can camp in the hotel.

我们可以在酒店里野营。

MARK: I just wanted, if ever there was a perfect time. I just wanted, the rain will stop, I mean this is a desert.

我只是希望,是否有完美的时间。我只是希望,雨能够停,我的意思是这是沙漠。

SARAH: Let's go to a hotel. Mark, it's OK.

我们去酒店吧。Mark,好了。

MARK: You're right. After all, it's the desert. It doesn't rain in the desert!

你是对的。归根到底,这是沙漠。沙漠里是不下雨的!

  第九课 Special pets 特别的宠物

LEO: They say that a dog is a man's best friend. In Britain, some people spend as much money on their pets as others spend on their children I know. They buy presents for them. They take pictures with them!

他们说狗是人类最好的朋友。在英国,一些人花了很多钱在他们的宠物上,就像其他人花费在他们的孩子身上一样。我知道...他们买了礼物给他们。他们和他们一起拍照!

LEO: In my job, I meet a lot of 'interesting'' people, and their pets. Wow! Look at your hair!

0在工作中,我遇到了许多‘有趣的’人,和他们的宠物... 0哇哦! 0看看你的头发!

S: Yeah, you like it? It's as white as Coco's now .... Coco loves mommy's hair. Yes she does! Mommy's as beautiful as Coco now. Mommy loves her Coco .... They did her hair and nails yesterday.

耶,你喜欢它吗?现在这个和Coco的一样白 ... Coco喜欢妈妈的头发。是的她做了!妈妈现在和Coco一样漂亮。妈妈喜欢她的Coco ... 他们昨天帮她做了头发和指甲。

S: Isn't she beautiful?

她不漂亮吗?

LEO: As beautiful as a princess .... Whoa, Miles. Long time no see, boy!

和公主一样漂亮 ...哇,Miles。好久不见,伙计!

MR. BRADY: He's almost as big as me. We're both on a diet. I'm as hungry as a bear. Now we go for long walks. Right, Miles.

他几乎和我一样大。我们都在减肥。我像熊一样饥饿。现在我们去散步吧。对的,Miles。

LEO: See you later.

稍后见。

  第十课 No pets! 严禁带宠物!

CLIFFORD: Pets. I don't like them. They're noisy, they're dirty, they smell bad. That's why there are NO PETS ALLOWED in my apartments. People try to hide their pets.

宠物。我不喜欢他们。他们很吵,很脏,他们的气味很恶心。那就是为什么在我公寓里宠物禁止进入。人们尝试隐藏他们的宠物。

CLIFFORD: Cats, birds, dogs, but I always find them. I can smell them. I hate little dogs the most. They bark all the time. They're noisier than birds.

猫,鸟,狗,但是我总是能找到他们。我可以闻到他们。我最讨厌小狗。它们总是在吠叫。他们比鸟还吵。

CLIFFORD: Everybody knows. No pets allowed. Those are the rules, no pets allowed. You can have fish but no, no dogs no cats no birds.

众所周知。禁养宠物。那些是规则,宠物是禁养的。你可以养鱼但是不能养狗、猫或鸟。

LEO: I have a dog. But I mean I love dogs, especially my dog Jackson. He's such a cute little guy. I mean dogs are great, they're loving, they're playful, they're friendly, they're loyal and they love you no matter what. They really need you.

我有一条狗。但是我的意思是我喜欢狗,特别是我的狗Jackson。他是一个如此可爱的小家伙。我的意思是狗很不错,它们是可爱的,好玩的,友好的,忠诚的,而且它们不管怎么样都会喜欢你。它们真的需要你。

LEO: Especially big dogs. They're much better than cats.

特别是大型犬。它们比猫好得多。

  第十一课 Quality time together 共度美好时光

EMMA: How are you? Did you have a good day?

你呢?你一天过得好吗?

BOB: I had a great day!

我过了美好的一天!

EMMA: Animals are like people. Both need love. Both need friendship. Sometimes I feel bad because I don't spend enough time with my dog, Pepper. But after today, maybe I should spend more time with my dad.

动物和人一样。两者都需要爱。两者都需要友谊。有时我会觉得很糟糕,因为我没有用足够的时间陪我的狗Pepper。但是今天之后,可能我应该花更多的时间陪我的爸爸...

EMMA: My dad spends a lot of time alone these days. He's retiRed. Maybe he feels the same as Pepper, maybe they're both a little lonely.

我爸爸这些天很多时间都是独处。他退休了。也许他觉得和Pepper一样,也许他们都有点寂寞。

BOB: Go away cat! We don't like you, cat!

猫,走开!我们不喜欢你,猫!

EMMA: Does somebody wanna go for a walk?

有人想去散步吗?

DAD: Oooh, a walk! Where are we going? Hmm, to the park.

哦,散步!我们去哪里?嗯,去公园。

BOB: Great! Let me put my shoes on!

好极了!让我穿上鞋子!

EMMA: I guess Dads need attention, too.

我猜爸爸也需要注意一下。

  第十四课 Friends chatting 朋友聊天

STUART: So why doesn't your dog have hair?

所以为什么你的狗有毛呢?

MAX: Ah he just doesn't. Jackson has issues.

啊,他正好没有。Jackson有问题。

STUART: Issues. Jackson. It's a good name, Jackson.

问题。Jackson。是个好名字,Jackson。

MAX: Yeah, yeah I mean he likes it and he responds to it.

耶,耶,我的意思是他喜欢所以有所回应。

STUART: Should name it Elizabeth. Why? Elizabeth is my boss. She, like Jackson, does nothing.

名字应该是Elizabeth。为什么? Elizabeth是我的老板。她和Jackson一样不做事。

MAX: So, about work, huh?

所以,关于工作,呃?

STUART: I hate my job. I do the same job every single day. It's boring. You know I want a challenge. You're not going to get a job are you?

我讨厌我的工作。我每一天都在做同样的工作。很无聊。你知道我想挑战一下。你不准备得到一份工作,是吗?

MAX: No, I mean I don't know, I'm still going to look. You know what I'm not so worried about it. Whatever happens, happens. Whatever will be, will be.

不,我的意思是我不知道,我只是想看一下。你知道我并不担心这个。无论发生什么,发生了。要发生的总归会发生,顺其自然。

  第十五课 Do you have a dog? 您养狗吗?

MAX: Who is it?

是谁?

CLIFFORD: It's Clifford the apartment manager. It's Clifford.

这是Clifford,公寓经理。这是Clifford。

MAX: It's my apartment manager. Go hide the dog in the kitchen.

这是我的公寓经理。去把狗藏在厨房。

STUART: In the kitchen, in the kitchen.

在厨房,在厨房。

MAX: Ah just one second Clifford. Hi.

啊,请稍等,Clifford。嗨。

CLIFFORD: Hello.

你好。

MAX: Can I do something for you?

我有什么可以帮您的吗?

CLIFFORD: What are you doing?

你在做什么?

MAX: Nothing. I'm just watching TV.

没事。我正在看电视。

CLIFFORD: Do you have a TV?

你有电视机吗?

MAX: Yeah.

有的。

CLIFFORD: Did you at any point leave this apartment?

你有在任何时间离开这所公寓吗?

MAX: Today? No.

今天吗?没有。

CLIFFORD: Do you have a dog?

你有狗吗?

MAX: A dog? No. Why?

狗?没有。为什么?

CLIFFORD: Four out of five doctors say that dog hair is bad for your lungs.

5个医生中有4个会说狗毛对你的肺有害。

MAX: Well no dogs here. Why don't you ask them, I think they might have a dog?

好吧,这里没有狗。你为什么不问他们,我想他们可能有条狗?

CLIFFORD: 17A?

17A座?

MAX: Yeah. Yeah.

是的。好的。

CLIFFORD: Did you see a dog?

你有看到一条狗吗?

MAX: I think I heard something?

我想我听到了一些声音?

CLIFFORD: heard something ?yeah. OK.

听到一些声音?是的。好的。

MAX: Alright, good.

好的,很好。

CLIFFORD: Thank you.

谢谢你。

  第十六课 Habits and routines 习惯和日常生活

VAN THE MAN: That's interesting.

那很有趣。

CLIFFORD: Who are you talking to? Are you talking to me?

你在和谁交谈?你在和我说话吗?

VAN THE MAN: I'mtalking to you.

我...是在和你说话。

CLIFFORD: Why are you talking to me?

你为什么跟我说话?

VAN THE MAN: Because that's what I do. I talk. What are you doing? I asked you a question. What are you doing?

因为那是我做的。我说了。你在干吗?我问你个问题。你在干吗?

CLIFFORD: What I always do.

是我一直做的事。

VAN THE MAN: That's your problem.

那是你的问题。

CLIFFORD: What?

什么?

VAN THE MAN: You do, what you do, every day.

你每天做你该做的事。

CLIFFORD: Stop talking to me.

停止和我说话。

VAN THE MAN: You missed a spot over here.

你错过了那儿的一个景点。

  第十七课 Stop him! 制止他!

STUART: What is he doing? He's stealing my car. Hey that's my car. Hey, that's my car man. What are you doing?

他在干吗?他在偷我的车。嘿,那是我的车。嘿,先生,那是我的车。你在干吗?

STUART: Where are you going? That's my car. That's my car. He's stealing my car. He stole my car.

你去哪里?那是我的车。那是我的车。他在偷我的车。他偷了我的车。

STUART: Yes, is this the police? I just had a thief steal my car. Yeah. No he stole my car. Banks, Stuart Banks.

是的,这是警察吗?我只是看到一个贼在偷我的车。是的。不,他偷了我的车。银行,斯图亚特银行。

STUART: The address, yeah.

地址,好的。

  第十八课 Investigation 调查

STUART: Hi this is Stuart Banks. My car was stolen about an hour and a half ago. I've been waiting for someone to show up. No, no one has shown up that's why I'm calling. Banks.

你好,这是斯图亚特银行。我的车在大约一小时或半小时之前被偷了。我在等着有人露面。不,没有人出现,这就是我打电话来的原因。银行。

STUART: Stuart Banks. Yes. Thank you.

斯图亚特银行。是的。谢谢你。

POLICE OFFICER: Did you call about a stolen vehicle, sir? What's your name?

你有打电话询问一辆被盗的车吗,先生?你的名字是什么?

STUART: Banks. Stuart Banks.

银行。斯图亚特银行。

POLICE OFFICER: Mr. Banks. Did you see the thief? What did he look like?

先生,银行。你有看到小偷吗?他看起来是什么样?

STUART: You know what, actually, I didn't get a very good look at him.

你知道吗,事实上,我并不看好他。

POLICE OFFICER: What time did this happen?

这是什么时候发生的?

STUART: Seven o'clock.

7点。

POLICE OFFICER: Seven? You called us at eight o'clock. What were you doing between seven o'clock and eight o'clock?

7点?你8点打过电话给我们。你7点和8点之间在干什么?

STUART: It was seven o'clock I called you right when it happened.

事情发生的时候正是7点我打电话给你的时候。

POLICE OFFICER: OK. So you don't know what he looks like, you don't know exactly what time this happened, what do you want me to do here?

好的。所以你不知道他长得怎么样,你不知道事情发生的确切时间,那你想让我在这里做什么呢?

STUART: You know what I'm sorry. I don't think that there is anything you can do for me.

你知道我对此感到很抱歉。我认为你不能为我做任何事情。

POLICE OFFICER: I think you're right. Have a good day.

我想你是对的。祝你一天愉快。

  第二十一课 Run in the park 在公园跑步

KATE: So, did I tell you, I met this guy.

所以我有告诉过你吗,我见到这个家伙了。

EMMA: Yeah, the one from the bank?

是的,从银行出来的那个人吗?

KATE: No!

不是!

EMMA: The guy at the beach?

在沙滩的家伙吗?

KATE: NO! Not them. Someone better.

不是!不是他们。某些人更好。

EMMA: Who?

谁?

KATE: Well, let me tell you the story. I was shopping.

好吧,让我告诉你这个故事。我在买东西。

EMMA: Of course.

当然。

KATE: And as I was leaving I was in the car. and you know how suddenly things just come out of nowhere?

而且当我离开的时候我正在车里....而且你知道事情发生地多突然,不知道从哪里冒出来的?

EMMA: They do.

他们做了。

KATE: Yeah, they just. It was just there. Well, I had a lot of shopping bags and I was putting on my lip gloss as I was driving. I know. Stupid. And then I just didn't see it.

是的,他们就... 就在那儿。好吧,我我有很多购物袋,而且在我开车的时候我正在涂润唇膏。我知道。笨蛋。然后我没有看到。

KATE: It all happened so fast. I was putting on my lip gloss and then bang. I hit his car. But there was a reward: the driver. He's great.

所有的事发生地如此之快。我正在涂润唇膏然后发出砰的一声。我撞了他的车。但是有个报偿:司机。他人很好。

EMMA: Oh. I see. So now this guy is interested in you. You hit his car!

哦。我明白了。所以现在这个家伙对你有兴趣。你撞了他的车唉!

KATE: Yeah. It's a nice car, too.

是的。这也是辆好车。

EMMA: Yeah, and he was probably very angry.

是的,他可能很生气。

KATE: Not very angry. He called me later about the accident and he invited me to dinner.

不是很生气。之后他关于事故打电话给我了,并且他邀请我去吃晚餐。

EMMA: No way!

没门!

KATE: We have a date.

我们约会了。

EMMA: Why am I not surprised?

为什么我不惊讶?

第二十二课 Hello gorgeous! 你好,美人儿!

LEO: You always have such bad luck with your boss'' car.

你和你老板的车在一起总是会倒霉。

PETER: Hey! Sometimes I do have good luck with my boss'' car.

没关系!有时候我和我老板的车在一起的时候的确会有好运。

LEO: You mean, Kate?

你的意思是,Kate?

PETER: I was waiting to park when she hit my car but then. 'Well, hello there gorgeous'' I mean, at first I was really angry! I mean she hit my boss'' car! But when I saw her. Hello!

当她撞我车的时候我正等着停车,然后...‘好华丽啊!’我的意思是,起初我真的很生气!我的意思是她撞了我老板的车! 0但是当我看见她的时候。你好!

PETER: So call her! Yeahok. Excuse me bartender, do you have a phone?

所以打电话给她!耶...好的。抱歉,服务员,你们有电话吗?

BARTENDER: Ahyes.

啊...是的。

PETER: Can I borrow it?

可以把它借给我们吗?

BARTENDER: No.

不行。

第二十三课 Old flame 昔日恋人

LISA: Petey, Peter Oakes. Lisa! Lisa Gomez? You remember me?

Petey,Peter Oakes。Lisa! Lisa Gomez?你记得我吗?

PETER: Lisa Gomez. How can I forget? How are you?

Lisa Gomez。我怎么会忘记?你好吗?

LISA: I'm good, how are you?

我很好,你好吗?

PETER: Lisa and I knew each other at university.

Lisa和我在大学就彼此认识了。

LISA: Knew each other? We dated.

互相认识?我们约会了。

PETER: Actually, you were dating Leo Cole when we first met, do you remember?

事实上,我们第一次见的时候你正在和Leo Cole约会,你记得吗?

LISA: Leo? Dating? No, not really. He was so romantic with the flowers and the chocolates and everything.

Leo?约会?不,不完全是。他如此浪漫地准备了鲜花、巧克力和所有的一切。

PETER: Lisa, it was really nice to meet you but we really have to be going now. See you around. Bye.

Lisa,真的很高兴见到你,但是我们现在真的要走了。回头见。再见。

KATE: So she was dating Leo when she met you?

她遇到你的时候正在和Leo约会吗?

PETER: It wasn't really like that.

真的不是那样的。

第二十四课 Double booked 重复预定

PETER: Leo is my best friend. But I did not steal his girlfriend! A couple of years ago I was studying business at the university and Lisa was in my class. I didn't know she had a boyfriend! One evening I was waiting for Lisa outside a movie theater.

Leo是我最好的朋友。但是我们有偷他的女朋友!几年前我正在大学学习商务,而且Lisa和我一个班级。我不知道她有男朋友!一天晚上我正在一个电影院外面等Lisa。

PETER: I saw this other guy. He was also waiting outside the movie theater. We started talking. His date was late too. When Lisa arrived she looked at me, she looked at Leo, and then she ran away!

我看到另一个家伙。他也在电影院外面等。我们开始了谈话。他约会也迟到了。当Lisa道的时候,她看看我,看看Leo,然后她跑掉了!

PETER: She had two dates at the same time! Anyways, I saw Leo at school the next day and now we're best friends! That's funny.

她同一时间有2个约会!不管怎样,我第二天在学校看见了Leo,而现在我们是最好的朋友! 很有趣。

第二十五课 Busted 破产

CLIFFORD: Where's the dog. I know there's a dog somewhere. Where is the dog? Maybe there's a dog in here. I can't see the dog.

狗在哪里。我知道有只狗在某个地方。0狗在哪里?可能狗在这里。我看不到狗。

CLIFFORD: Where is it? No dogs allowed. No dogs allowed. I know there's a dog in here, there's a dog in here. I know it.

它在哪儿?狗禁止进入。禁止狗进入。我知道有只狗在这儿,有只狗在这儿。我知道了。

CLIFFORD: Where is the dog? Is that the dog? That's the dog.

狗在哪儿?那是狗吗?那是狗。

MAN: Hi. Everything OK? Are you OK?

嗨。一切还好吗?你还好吗?

CLIFFORD: Yeah.

是的。

MAN: Do you want to come in, have a look?

你想进来看看吗?

CLIFFORD: Yes.

是的。

MAN: I came home early from work, I have a sore throat.

我很早就下班回家了,我喉咙痛。

CLIFFORD: No, actually I've been sick for a long time now, since last year.

不,事实上自从去年开始我已经病了很长时间了。

MAN: A year? You should see a doctor.

一年?你应该去看医生。

CLIFFORD: I'm sick again. I'm sick. I'm getting sick from the dog. It's the dogs that are making me sick, it's the dogs.

我又病了。我病了。我从狗那儿得病了。就是狗让我生病了,就是那条狗。

第二十八课 Back at the doctor’s 复诊

CLIFFORD: I want to make an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow.

我明天想预约去看医生。

NURSE: How about next week?

下周怎么样?

CLIFFORD: What if I'm dead by then?

到时候要是我死了怎么办?

NURSE: You should go home and get some rest you'll feel better.

你应该回家休息一下,你才能好的快。

CLIFFORD: I haven't been feeling well for a long time. You name it I have it. I have a sore throat. I have an eye infection. Lung infection.

我感觉不舒服很久了。凡是你想得到的,我都有。我喉咙痛。我眼睛感染了。肺感染。

CLIFFORD: It's serious. It's bad. Just ask Tom 3 He'll tell you.

严重。很糟。去问Tom Redman吧。他会告诉你的。

NURSE: 415 tomorrow.

明天4:15。

CLIFFORD: 415? 415 tomorrow?

4:15?明天4: 15?

NURSE: You'll be fine. 415 tomorrow.

你会好的。明天4:15。

CLIFFORD: I'll come in at 315 because someone will probably cancel. Then I'll come in at 315.

我会3:15到,因为有人可能会取消。那我会3:15到。

NURSE: Good idea.

好主意。

CLIFFORD: 315, that's a long.

3:15,太长了...

NURSE: Just take the vitamins and we'll see you tomorrow.

现在吃些维生素,我们明天会来看你的。

CLIFFORD: Keep hope alive.

保持希望活着。

第二十九课 Generation gap 代沟

WOMAN: Excuse me there's a queue here.

抱歉,这里排队。

LADY: Oh is there, pardon me, I didn't see it. I'm ever so sorry dear. Excuse me, is this the right platform for Birmingham? Thank you. Sorry, could you tell me what time it is?

哦,在那儿,抱歉,我看不到。我很抱歉,亲爱的。打扰一下,这是去伯明翰的站台对吗?谢谢你。抱歉,您可否告诉我现在几点了吗?

LEO: It's 12.47.. The train is late. as usual.

现在12:47。和往常一样,火车晚点了。

LADY: The buses aren't any better. You can wait for ages and then three turn up at once. Prices have gone up, haven't they?

公共汽车也好不到哪里去。你可以等几年,然后马上出现。物价上涨了,是吗?

LEO: So it seems.

的确如此。

LADY: A pound doesn't take you anywhere these days. In my day, you could take the railway anywhere for a pound.

一英镑在这些天不能带你去任何地方。在我那个年代,你可以用一英镑坐火车去任何地方。

LEO: Sometimes you can still get really cheap tickets.

有时你仍然可以得到真的很便宜的票子。

LADY: Oh really?

哦,真的吗?

LEO: If you book online.

如果你在网上预订。

LADY: I'm afraid I didn't catch that.

我怕我赶不上。

LEO: You should book online for the cheap tickets.

你应该在网上预订便宜的票子。

LADY: Oh, online!

哦,网上!

LEO: Yeah.

是的。

LADY: Well, I don't know anything about that, dear.

好吧,我什么都不知道,亲爱的。

第三十课 What’s your story? 您有什么经历?

LEO: You see so many interesting people on trains. I always wonder where they're going, where they're coming from. It's crazy. Everybody has a different story.

你在火车上可以看到许多有趣的人。我总是想知道他们去哪里了,他们从哪里来。太疯狂了。每个人都有各自的故事。

EMMA: I like the train. All public transportation is good. It's good for the environment. But sometimes. sometimes I hate the train. People always talk to me!

我喜欢火车。所有公共交通都很好。对环境有益。但是有时候... 有时候我讨厌火车。人们总是和我交谈!

EMMA: Strange people! Is it something about me? My solution: I listen to it, and people can't talk to me. It always works.

奇怪的人!有什么关于我的事吗?我的方法:我倾听,那么人们就不会和我交谈。始终有效。

LEO: Some people look like they need to talk, so I talk to them.

有些人看上去好像他们需要交谈,所以我才和他们交谈。

第三十一课 Sharing news 分享新闻

LADY: What's this? Sorry is this yours? Look have you seen, the princes are in the news again. I remember when they were born. Shame about Diana though, she was so beautiful.

这是什么?抱歉,这是你的吗?就如你所看到的,王子又一次登上了新闻。我还记得他们什么时候出生的。尽管Diana很羞愧,但是她很漂亮。

LADY: That Charles. The royal family isn't what they used to be. But the queen is a lovely lady. Don't you think so? Hope I'm not bothering you with my chit chat?

那个Charles。王室不是像他们曾经那样的。但是女王是一位可爱的女士。你不这么认为吗?希望我的闲谈没有打扰到你?

EMMA: Not at all.

没关系。

LEO: Excuse me is this taken?

打扰一下,这个位子有人吗?

LADY: No.

你拿吧。

LEO: Thanks

谢谢

LADY: Have you seen the princes are in the news again.

你有在新闻中再次看到王子们吗?

LEO: Oh really, could I have a look?

哦,真的吗?我能看一下吗?

LADY: Of course, it isn't mine, I found it.

当然,这不是我的,是我发现的。

LEO: Oh here we are.

哦,看到了。

LADY: You are about Prince Henry's age aren't you?

你是说Henry王子的年龄,是吗?

LEO: I guess.

我猜的。

第三十二课 Coincidence 巧合

LADY: Ride a cock horse to Banbury Cross, to see a fine lady upon a white horse, with rings on her fingers and bells on her toes; she shall have music wherever she goes.

骑着一匹公马到班伯里大十字架去看一位骑在白马上的漂亮女子,女子手上戴着戒指,脚上挂着铃铛;她走到哪儿都有音乐声。

LEO: I remember that one.

我记得那个。

LADY: And that's why I'm going to Banbury.

那就是我为什么我要去班伯里。

LEO: Oh really. Interesting. Well I think that the train to Banbury leaves from the other platform.

哦,真的吗。真有趣。我想去班伯里的火车从另外的站台离站。

LADY: Oh my, so it is! Thank you for sitting and talking to an old lady like me. He's lovely. Well, that's me. Bye bye.

哦,真的是这样!谢谢你坐在这儿和我这样一个老女人说话。他很可爱。好吧,那是我。再见。

LEO: So we meet again.

我们又见面了。

EMMA: It's the guy with the table.

是桌子旁边的那个人。

LEO: Oh. The girl with the broken shoe remembers me?

哦。穿着坏掉的鞋的女孩,还记得我吗?

EMMA: Another thing you stole?

你偷的另一件东西?

LEO: Hey I didn't steal the table. This one's a long story.

嘿,我没有偷桌子。这是一个漫长的故事。

EMMA: OK.

好吧。