当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第518期:Canadian Town 加拿大城镇

美语情景对话 第518期:Canadian Town 加拿大城镇

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.08W 次

Todd: So, Rina, where are you from?

托德:丽娜,你来自哪里?

Rina: I am from Davidson, Saskatchewan, and it's a small town in Saskatchewan, about 1,000 people, and I grew up there.

丽娜:我来自萨克其万省戴维森镇,那里是萨克其万省的一个小城镇,人口只有约1000人,我在那里长大。

Todd: Now, Saskatchewan, that's a part of Canada that doesn't have a lot of people, right?

托德:萨克其万省,那是加拿大的一个省,而且人口不多,对吧?

Rina: There's, in the whole province, there's a million people.

丽娜:整个省有一百万人口。

Todd: That's it.

托德:对。

Rina: In all of Canada there is only 33 million, so yeah.

丽娜:加拿大的人口也仅有3300万。

Todd: And you only have one?

托德:你的家乡只有1百万人?

Rina: One. There's 33 million.

丽娜:对。加拿大有3300百万人。

Todd: Yeah, actually, is there any major Canadian cities in Saskatchewan?

托德:好,萨克其万省有没有重要的加拿大城市?

Rina: Well, the capital is Regina. (Really) Yeah, if you've heard of that.

丽娜:萨克其万省首府是雷吉纳。(是吗)对,不知道你听说过没有。

Todd: No.

托德:没听过说。

Rina: But I live in, right now my parents live in Saskatoon.

丽娜:我生活在……现在我的父母生活在萨斯卡通市。

Todd: Oh, OK.

托德:哦,好。

Rina: And that's, my town is between Regina and Saskatoon, called the midway town.

丽娜:我成长的城镇位于雷吉纳和萨斯卡通之间,被称为中间镇。

Todd: What's it like growing up in a very small rural setting?

托德:在小乡村长大是什么感觉?

Rina: It was awesome. My parents, because they immigrated from Lebanon were very strict with me so I really wasn't allowed to do very much until I was about in grade 11, when my brother was old enough to come with me, but it was, once I was able to start going out and going to dances and things like that I loved it.

丽娜:棒极了。因为我父母是从黎巴嫩移民来的,所以他们对我非常严厉,在我上11年级以前他们不允许我做很多事情,我11年级时我哥哥的年纪足以照顾我,所以那时我可以外出,可以去跳舞,去做一些我喜欢的事情。

Todd: Oh, really, even in your small town?

托德:真的吗?即使在你们的小城镇里?

Rina: In my small town, yeah. Cause I had it, I was very close with a lot of, like a very small class, very very close with a lot of people there, yeah.

丽娜:对,在我们的小城镇里。因为我和那里的许多人都很亲近,就像一个小型群体一样。

Todd: Sounds good. So, in all of Canada, like when you go back and you settle down and you live in Canada, do you want to live in Saskatchewan?

托德:听起来不错。那如果你回到加拿大定居,你想住在萨克其万省吗?

Rina: No.

丽娜:不想。

Todd: No.

托德:不想吗?

Rina: No, it's not, it's, I've developed a lot more since I was that age and it's just not the same anymore. I'd like a bigger center, preferably Vancouver, or Montreal, on one of the coasts. Yeah. So.

丽娜:不想,我离开以后成长了很多,已经与以前大不相同。我喜欢大一点的城市,我更倾向于在温哥华或蒙特利尔这样的海岸城市生活。

Todd: Not Toronto?

托德:你不考虑多伦多吗?

Rina: No, I'm not a big fan of Toronto.

丽娜:不,我不太喜欢多伦多。

Todd: Ah, why?

托德:为什么?

Rina: Because I'm a little jaded. When I was, in 94, we went to Niagara Falls, and we drove through Toronto and it was just so, it looked so busy and smoggy and just crazy, and so I never really liked it since then. I have that image in my head still of that.

丽娜:因为我有些厌倦那里。94年的时候,我们去尼亚加拉瀑布旅行,当时我们开车经过多伦多,那里看上去又繁忙又烟雾弥漫,非常疯狂,那以后我就不太喜欢多伦多了。我现在还记得当时看到的情景。

Todd: Yeah, well, that's how I feel about L. A.

托德:嗯,那正是我对洛杉矶的感觉。

Rina: Yeah.

丽娜:对。

Todd: Yeah. I don't like Los Angeles. OK, well thanks.

托德:嗯,我也不喜欢洛杉矶。好,谢谢你。

美语情景对话 第518期:Canadian Town 加拿大城镇

译文属仅供学习交流使未经许可请勿转载

重点讲解:
1. go out
外出交际;外出娱乐
eg. He has expressly forbidden her to go out on her own.
他已经明确禁止她独自外出。
eg. My parents wouldn't let me go out with boys.
我的父母不让我跟男孩子出去玩。
2. settle down
(尤指结婚或买房后)定居,安顿下来;
eg. I want to get boxing out of my system and settle down to enjoy family life.
我想结束拳击生涯,安定下来享受家庭生活。
eg. He had often dreamed of retiring in England and planned to settle down in the country.
过去他常幻想退休后到英国,并计划在乡间安顿下来。
3. since then
其后,从此一直;
eg. Your life since then must have seemed very ordinary.
你的生活从那时起一定非常平淡无奇。
eg. Since then I've been waiting on events.
自那以后,我就一直在观望事情的发展。