当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第299期:Christchurch 克赖斯特彻奇

美语情景对话 第299期:Christchurch 克赖斯特彻奇

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.29K 次

Todd: So, Hello!

托德:你好!

Gabrielle: Hi!

加布里埃尔:你好!

Todd: Can you say your name please?

托德:请问你叫什么名字?

Gabrielle: Gabrielle:

加布里埃尔:加布里埃尔。

Todd: Gabrielle. Now, Gabrielle you talked to us last year.

托德:加布里埃尔,我们去年曾经谈过。

Gabrielle:That's right!

加布里埃尔:没错!

Todd: And you said that you're from Christchurch?

托德:你说你来自克赖斯特彻奇?

Gabrielle: Uh-huh, from Christchurch in New Zealand.

加布里埃尔:嗯,我来自新西兰的克赖斯特彻奇。

Todd: OK, can you talk about your city?

托德:好,你能谈谈你所在的城市吗?

Gabrielle: Absolutely! Absolutely! Well, Christchurch I guess compared to Japan is pretty small, but for New Zealand it's quite a big city. I think it's a great place. Yeah, we've got the beach, the mountains, yeah so city center and nature, really close.

加布里埃尔:当然可以!当然!嗯,和日本比的话,克赖斯特彻奇非常小,但是克赖斯特彻奇在新西兰是个大城市。我认为那是个很棒的地方。我们那里有海滩,有高山,市中心和大自然非常近。

Todd: Sounds nice! How many people live in Christchurch?

托德:听起来不错!克赖斯特彻奇有多少人口?

Gabrielle: Oh, that's a good question. Gosh! We're certainly not up to a million! I guess about 600,000 people.

加布里埃尔:哦,这是个好问题。天哪!不到1百万人!我猜大概60万人吧。

Todd: Wow, that's it! Just 6!

托德:哇!就只有60万!

Gabrielle: That's it. Big city in New Zealand!

加布里埃尔:对。那是新西兰的大城市!

Todd: Wow! So there's three big cities in New Zealand!

托德:哇!新西兰有三个大城市!

Gabrielle: That's right! That's right! We're probably the second or third biggest city.

加布里埃尔:没错!对!克赖斯特彻奇可能是第二大或者是第三大城市。

Todd: Uh, what's the transportation like?

托德:哦,那里的交通怎么样?

Gabrielle: Well, I use my bike usually or a car. We certainly don't have the trains like Tokyo, but there's a bus system. It's not too bad, but most Kiwis have cars. Yeah, more convenient.

加布里埃尔:嗯,我通常是骑自行车或是开车出行。我们没有东京这样的火车系统,但是有公交车系统。还不算太坏,但是大部分新西兰人都有车。这样更方便。

Todd: OK, now can I ask you about costs?

托德:好,我能问问你那里的开销吗?

Gabrielle: Sure! Sure!

加布里埃尔:当然!当然!

Todd: OK, and you can say Japanese yen prices.

托德:好,你可以用日元来表示。

Gabrielle: Yeah! Yeah!

加布里埃尔:好的!好!

Todd: How much is an apartment? A one bedroom apartment, downtown?

托德:一间公寓要多少钱?市中心一间卧室公寓的价钱?

Gabrielle: Well, to be honest we don't have that style. We've got plenty of space so we usually rent a house which has three bedrooms and a garden, for example, and much cheaper, much, much cheaper. I'm just trying to convert.

加布里埃尔:嗯,说实话,我们那里没有这种类型的公寓。那里有很多空间,所以通常我们会租有三间卧室和花园的房子,而且比日本便宜很多,非常便宜。我正在努力换算。

Todd: Three bedrooms and a garden!

托德:三间卧室和一个花园!

Gabrielle: Yeah! And often we go "flatting" which means we share the house with maybe a couple of friends, probably pay about, I was paying $80 a week for my room so, oh, sorry my conversion rate is not working too quickly at the moment.

加布里埃尔:对!而且一般我们会合租公寓,就是和几个朋友一起租公寓,我租的房间一周大概要付80美元,抱歉,目前我汇率的换算不是很熟练。

Todd: That's really cheap though!

托德:那真是很便宜!

Gabrielle: It's incredibly cheap. Yeah, much, much cheaper! Much bigger!

加布里埃尔:便宜得令人难以置信。对,比这里便宜很多,便宜非常多!

Todd: Wow! sounds like a nice place! OK, how much is, New Zealand prices OK, how much is a loaf of bread?

托德:哇!听起来是个很棒的地方!好,新西兰面包卖多少钱?

Gabrielle: A loaf of bread! To get the good bread, probably about $2.50 a loaf, yeah, so, maybe about, oh sorry, my conversion's not working, I've been in Tokyo for too long!

加布里埃尔:一块面包!要买好面包,大概要2.5美元,抱歉,我现在没有换算出来。我来日本的时间太长了!

Todd: How about a movie ticket?

托德:电影票的价格呢?

Gabrielle: A movie ticket would be about $13, so it's much cheaper than here. Yeah, definitely!

加布里埃尔:一张电影票大概要13美元,比这里便宜很多。对,绝对是!

Todd: And bus fare!

托德:公交车费呢?

Gabrielle: Bus fare, a dollar fifty, two dollars for one way.

加布里埃尔:公交车单程费用大概1.5美元或2美元。

Todd: How about if you're going to buy your friend a sweater, a nice sweater, how much would that cost?

托德:那如果你要是给朋友买毛衣,一件不错的毛衣要多少钱?

Gabrielle: Well, I like the good outdoor brand sweaters so I would probably say about $50 but an everyday sweater you could get about $15 New Zealand. Yeah.

加布里埃尔:嗯,我喜欢户外毛衣品牌,那大概要50美元,不过在新西兰普通的毛衣大概是15美元。对。

Todd: OK, Wow! Sounds like a great place. Oh, and last one, the weather, when is the best time of year to visit?

托德:哇!听起来真是个好地方。最后一个问题,天气,一年中什么时候是去新西兰旅游的最佳时节?

Gabrielle: Oh, summer, definitely.

加布里埃尔:绝对是夏季。

Todd: So that's December?

托德:那就是12月吗?

Gabrielle: Yeah, so we're going into summer now so December to February, but we have four seasons in one day, so you can count on all weather even within summer. Yeah! Yeah!

加布里埃尔:对,现在是我们国家的夏季,12月至2月是夏季,不过我们那里可以在一天内体验到四种季节,所以即使在夏天你也可以体验到所有天气。没错!

Todd: Do you have a really bad month to go, where the weather is not nice?

托德:那有没有最不适宜旅行的月份呢?什么时候天气不好?

Gabrielle: Yeah, usually June, July, it probably rains the most, but we still get gorgeous sunny days in the winter so, yeah there's not really any bad time.

加布里埃尔:有,通常一月和七月是雨水最多的月份,但是在冬季也会有阳光灿烂的天气,所以,实际上并不算不适宜的时间。

Todd: Oh, sounds nice! Thanks Gabrielle!

托德:哦,听起来真好!谢谢你,加布里埃尔!

Gabrielle: No problem!

加布里埃尔:不客气。

美语情景对话 第299期:Christchurch 克赖斯特彻奇

重点讲解:
1. compared to
与…相比;和…比起来;
eg. My handwriting is good, but it is poor as compared to my father's.
我的书法很好,但与我父亲的相比,我的就很差了。
eg. Compared to his early work, this is a rather slight novel, ie not a major one.
这部小说与他早期作品相比,不甚重要。
2. at the moment
此刻;目前;眼下;
eg. There seems to be a dearth of good young players at the moment.
目前似乎好的年轻选手太少了。
eg. Everything's topsy-turvy in my life at the moment.
现在我的生活全都被打乱了。
3. a couple of
两个;几个;
eg. I have a couple of things to do.
我有几件事要做。
eg. If you don't like this job, I know a couple of hungry guys that want to do.
要是你不喜欢这工作,我知道几个跃跃欲试的小伙子正想要做呢。
4. a loaf of
一条(面包);
eg. I need a loaf of bread.
我需要一条面包。
eg. I went to the baker's to buy a loaf of fresh bread.
我到面包铺去买了一个新鲜的面包。
5. count on
期望;预计;
eg. Don't count on much, Billy.
不要抱太大的希望,贝利。
eg. He is counting on winning seats and perhaps a share in the new government.
他期望能获得一些席位,或许还能参与新政府的执政。