当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第293期:Ecuadorian Food 厄瓜多尔饮食

美语情景对话 第293期:Ecuadorian Food 厄瓜多尔饮食

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.37K 次

Todd: So, Jose, can you tAlk about the food in Ecuador?

托德:何塞,你能谈谈厄瓜多尔的食物吗?

Jose: Yes, I was saying that the Andes is where potatoes and corn and many other kinds of food come, I mean, potatoes for example, that was so important for Europe, during the famine in Europe, so in that sense..

何塞:好的,我曾经说过,安第斯山是土豆、玉米和其他作物的产地,以土豆为例,在欧洲经历饥荒的时期,它对欧洲来说非常重要,所以在这层意义上……

Todd: Wait, potatoes come from Ecuador?

托德:等等,土豆产自厄瓜多尔?

Jose: Of course!

何塞:当然!

Todd: They do!

托德:是吗?

Jose: Yes, we have more than 300 different kinds of potatoes.

何塞:没错,我们国家有300多种土豆。

Todd: No kidding! Wow!

托德:别开玩笑了!哇!

Jose: Yes, yes, yes! Potatoes and also corn from the Andes

何塞:对,对,没错!土豆和玉米都产自安第斯山。

Todd: Wow!

托德:哇!

Jose: Yes. Didn't you know?

何塞:嗯,你不知道吗?

Todd: No, no! That's embarrassing.

托德:不,不知道!这可真尴尬。

Jose: And do you know, of course for us, potatoes and corn and also rice. It's one of the main dishes, I think, or pork also, and we use lots of picante sauce, chili sauce. Ah, corn is great. Corn with fresh cheese.

何塞:你知道,对我们来说,土豆、玉米和大米是主食,我想,可能猪肉也是,我们会用大量的香辣酱、辣椒酱来调味。嗯,玉米非常棒。玉米和鲜奶酪一起烹饪。

Todd: Corn with cheese?

托德:玉米和奶酪?

Jose: Yes, yes, yes, yes!

何塞:对,是的,对,没错!

Todd: How do you make it?

托德:那怎么做?

Jose: Just you take the corn when it's fresh and boil it and you just put it with out anything, no salt, no butter, no anything, and fresh cheese.

何塞:将新鲜的玉米煮熟,什么都不要放,不放盐,不放黄油,什么都不要放,只放鲜奶酪。

Todd: No kidding, so you melt the cheese on the corn?

托德:别开玩笑了,你把奶酪融化了放在玉米上?

Jose: No, no, no, no!

何塞:不,不,不是的,不是!

Todd: So the cheese is hard?

托德:是硬质奶酪吗?

Jose: It is fresh cheese.

何塞:是鲜奶酪。

Todd: Oh, I don't understand.

托德:哦,我不明白。

Jose: Fresh cheese! Do you, you have different kinds of cheese. (Yeah) You have this kind of fresh cheese. You have basically no salt, and it just made. Usually the cheese you have to mature the cheese.

何塞:鲜奶酪!你,有不同种类的奶酪。(对)你要用鲜奶酪。不放盐,就那样做就可以。通常那个奶酪要发酵成成熟的奶酪。

Todd: Oh, I got you! So it's more liquid?

托德:哦,我明白了!倾向于液态?

Jose: No, no, it's just called fresh cheese.

何塞:不,不,那就叫鲜奶酪。

Todd: OK, well, I have to try it.

托德:好,我要尝试一下。

Jose: Yes, of course.

何塞:好,当然了。

Todd: Wow! That sounds good. And can you get Japanese food in Ecuador?

托德:哇!听起来真棒。厄瓜多尔有日式食物吗?

Jose: Yeah, it's very expensive. You can do it because of course we have the Pacific coast, we have very good, what can I say, fish, and actually Japanese fisherman, they go to the Galapagos area and they pay certain fees. I don't know when, what they pay, and they catch all the tuna they want, so we have good, very good tuna, yeah, and many different kinds of fish so you can have sashimi and sushi and in Quito you have maybe two or three different Japanese restaurants. All of them very upscale at least.

何塞:有,非常贵。这可以做到,因为我们有太平洋海岸,我们有非常棒的鱼类,实际上日本的渔民会到加拉帕戈斯群岛去捕鱼,当然他们要支付一定的费用。我不清楚他们要支付多少,他们会捕猎金枪鱼,我们拥有非常棒的金枪鱼,还有许多不同种类的鱼类,所以可以做生鱼片和寿司,在基多大概有两或三种不同的日式餐厅。所有的都是高档餐厅。

美语情景对话 第293期:Ecuadorian Food 厄瓜多尔饮食

重点讲解:
1. in that sense
在这层意义上;从这个意义上来看;
eg. So in that sense it almost discourages you.
在某种意义上讲,是很打击人的。
eg. In that sense, Hewlett's role might be likened to that of a fine art dealer, sourcing choice European masters for discerning collectors.
从此意义上讲,休利特更像是一位艺术商人,将精选的欧洲大师推荐给好眼力的收藏家。
2. different kinds of
各种各样;不同种类;
eg. In a big department store, there are numerous departments selling different kinds of goods.
大百货公司里有许多部门分售各类商品。
eg. The soup was concocted from up to a dozen different kinds of fish.
这种汤是用多达十几种不同的鱼熬制而成的。
3. at least
至少,起码;
eg. He should at least have come to say good-by.
他至少也该来道个别(然而却没来)。
eg. To go abroad to study, you should at least master the language.
要到国外读书,你最起码要掌握那种语言。