当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第272期:Halloween 万圣节

美语情景对话 第272期:Halloween 万圣节

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.26W 次

Todd: OK, guys we're going to talk about Halloween. So, what do you think about Halloween?

托德:好,现在我们要来谈谈万圣节。你怎么看万圣节?

Adrienne: I actually like it. It's a fun holiday for kids especially because you get to dress up in costumes and you get lots of candy if you go trick-or-treating. I have a lot of good memories of Halloween growing up.

埃德里安娜:实际上我很喜欢。这对孩子们来说是个有趣的节日,尤其是因为你可以穿上不同的衣服打扮自己,如果你进行“不给糖就捣乱”的话就可以得到很多糖果。在我的成长阶段,我有很多好的万圣节回忆。

Todd: OK, what is trick-or-treating? Why do you trick-or-treat?

托德:嗯,什么是“不给糖就捣乱”?你为什么要做“不给糖就捣乱”?

Adrienne: Trick-or-treat is when you go, you dress up in your costume on Halloween and you go door-to-door ringing doorbells, knocking on doors. One person comes to the door, you say, "Trick-or-treat" and usually these days they give you a treat which is candy or apples or something like that but in the older days, you could, if they didn't give you a treat, then you could play a trick on them or they could play a trick on you, instead of giving you a treat, something like that.

埃德里安娜:“不给糖就捣乱”的意思就是,万圣节那天你用衣服打扮好自己,然后你挨家挨户去按门铃,敲门。有人开门后,你就说“不给糖就捣乱”,最近来说,通常他们都会给你糖果、苹果或是其他类似的东西,不过以前,你可能得不到糖果,那这时你就要去恶作剧,或者他们可能不会给你糖,但是会对你恶作剧。

Mike: I always thought that it was they performed, the person at the door performed some kind of trick for the kids because they didn't have candy to give, but I could be wrong.

迈克:我总是认为那是他们来做的,就是那个开门的人对孩子们进行恶作剧,因为他们没有糖,原来我错了。

Adrienne: Yeah, I don't know exactly. It's one of those three options.

埃德里安娜:对,其实我也不太清楚。就这三中之一吧。

Todd: Yeah, I think it's you play a trick on them.

托德:嗯,我认为是你对他们恶作剧。

Mike: Oh, really.

迈克:哦,真的吗。

Todd: You throw trash against their house.

托德:你往他们的房子扔垃圾。

Adrienne: Toilet paper their.

埃德里安娜:扔卫生纸。

Todd: Toilet paper, eggs,

托德:卫生纸,鸡蛋,

Mike: Egg their window.

迈克:往他们的窗户扔鸡蛋。

Todd: Dog pooh in the paper bag on fire. On fire!

托德:把纸袋里的玩偶点着。点着!

Adrienne: Yuck.

埃德里安娜:真讨厌。

Todd: Yeah, that's gross. So, Mike, you're from Canada, so do you have Halloween American-style in Canada? Do you celebrate trick-or-treating? Do you do trick-or-treating?

托德:对,那是令人讨厌。那迈克,你来自加拿大,在加拿大万圣节也是美国式的这种吗?你们会玩“不给糖就捣乱”吗?你们会玩吗?

Mike: Oh, yeah, I think it is the same as in the U.S. I believe it is a little bit different in Europe, maybe. They don't have the same kind of traditions but, yeah, exactly the same as in the U.S. We watched all the Snoopy, Charlie Brown Halloween kind of things, just like everybody....

迈克:对,我想和美国的是一样的。我认为欧洲可能会有一些不同。他们没有类似的传统,不过,嗯,加拿大和美国的完全一样。我们在万圣节的时候也会看史努比,查理·布朗,类似这样的东西,就和大家一样……

Todd: OK. That's good. I'm glad because now we can diverge. What was, what were your costumes when you were younger?

托德:嗯,很好。我很高兴现在我们有分歧了。你小时候会穿什么样的服装?

Adrienne: Ah, I had so many. My mom was a seamstress so she used to make a lot of my costumes. I designed them and she would make them for me and my sister so one year I was bat girl, another year I was Wonder Woman. Another year I was Princess Leia from Star Wars, I was a rainbow and a clown and a cat, and a witch and everything, basically that you're supposed to be for Halloween I was.

埃德里安娜:啊,我有许多。我妈妈以前是个裁缝,她以前会给我做好多服装。我会自己设计,然后她为我和我姐姐做出来,有一年,我打扮成了蝙蝠女,还有一年打扮成了神奇女侠。我还扮过《星球大战》中的莉亚公主,还有打扮成彩虹、小丑、猫咪、女巫等等,基本上万圣节能装扮的人物我都扮过。

Todd: A lot of heroines in there.

托德:哇,有好多女英雄

Adrienne: Of course. Strong women!

埃德里安娜:当然。强大的女性!

Todd: Mike, how about you?

托德:迈克,你呢?

Mike: I was goat boy.

迈克:我扮过山羊男孩。

Todd: Goat boy!

托德:山羊男孩!

Mike: I was always goat boy because there...

迈克:我总是扮成山羊男孩,因为……

Todd: Every year?

托德:每年都是吗?

Mike: Yeah, we, I couldn't afford to get a decent costume every year.

迈克:对,我负担不起每年都换一套体面服装的费用。

Todd: So how were you goat boy? What did you look like?

托德:那你的山羊男孩怎么样?是什么样的?

Adrienne: Where did you get goat boy from?

埃德里安娜:你的山羊男孩是从哪儿来的?

Mike: They just put some sort of, they put a lot of trash on me, and forced me to eat a can. It's OK. I got lots of candy but then the other kids would beat me up and steal it from me. That's OK.

迈克:他们只是放了一些……只是在我身上放了一些废弃物,而且强迫我吃了一罐。那还好。我得到了许多糖果,不过之后其他孩子会打我,然后把那些糖人理走。就是这样。

Adrienne: That's the saddest thing I've ever heard.

埃德里安娜:这是我听过的最难过的事情。

Mike: Well, you know. That's all right. It toughened me up when I got older.

迈克:嗯,你知道,那还好。在我成长的过程中那使我更坚强。

美语情景对话 第272期:Halloween 万圣节

重点讲解:
1. dress up
装扮;打扮;
eg. I just love the fun of dressing up in another era's clothing.
我就是喜欢穿另一个时代的衣服玩。
eg. Little girls dress up as angels for fiestas.
小女孩们在节日里扮成天使的样子。
2. play a trick on sb.
捉弄某人,对某人恶作剧;
eg. The boys hid Jone's bike to play a trick on him.
孩子们把乔恩的自行车藏起来捉弄他。
eg. I've paid her out for the trick she played on me.
她捉弄了我,我已回敬她了。
3. on fire
着火;起火;在燃烧;
eg. The captain radioed that the ship was on fire.
船长发无线电说船着火了。
eg. Firemen reached the house on fire in time.
消防队员及时赶到那幢失火的房子。
4. can't afford to do sth.
承担不起;
eg. We can't afford to wait.
我们等不起。
eg. We can't afford to pay such a price.
我们付不起这个价钱。
5. beat up
痛打;殴打;
eg. Then they actually beat her up as well.
接着他们对她竟然也是一顿暴打。
eg. The boys robbed the old man and beat him up.
那几个家伙抢了那老人的东西,而且还痛打了他一顿。
6. toughen up
(经历)使坚强,使顽强;
eg. He thinks boxing is good for kids, that it toughens them up.
他认为拳击对小孩子有好处,可使他们变得坚强。
eg. My father tried to teach me to toughen up.
我父亲试图教我变得坚强。