当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > The english we speak(BBC教学)第70期: things are looking up一切欣欣向荣

The english we speak(BBC教学)第70期: things are looking up一切欣欣向荣

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 9.96K 次

The english we speak(BBC教学)第70期: things are looking up一切欣欣向荣

Chris: Hi, I'm Chris, and welcome to The English We Speak. It's a nice day here in London, so I've come outside to meet Helen. Ah, there she is! Helen, how are you?

克里斯:大家好,我是克里斯,欢迎来到我们所说的英语。今天伦敦是个好天气,所以我和海伦来外面见面。啊,她在那里!海伦,你好吗?

Helen: I'm... fine... thanks.

海伦:我,很好,谢谢

Chris: What are you doing? What are you looking at?

克里斯:你在干什么?你在看什么?

Helen: I'm looking up.

海伦:我在向上看。

Chris: R-Right. But I can't see anything.

克里斯:好吧,但是我什么也看不到。

Helen: Neither can I.

海伦:我也是。

Chris: Have you seen an aeroplane or something?

克里斯:你看到飞机或什么其他的了吗?

Helen: Not sure...

海伦:不确定...

Chris: Maybe a bird?

克里斯:或许一只鸟?

Helen: Well, apparently things are looking up.

海伦:显然一切都向上看。

Chris: Things are looking up?

克里斯:一切都向上看?

Helen: Yes, Rosie told me that the weather has been sunny for the last three days, so things are looking up. I thought I'd come and see for myself... But there's not much going on to be honest.

海伦:是的,罗西告诉我最后三天天气晴朗,所以一切都向上看。我觉得我得来自己看一看。但是说实话没有什么发生。

Chris: Ah, I think you've misunderstood. Rosie didn't mean there are things up in the sky.

克里斯:啊,我觉得你误解了。罗西的意思不是天空中有事发生。

Helen: Really? What do you mean?

海伦:真的吗?什么意思?

Chris: It's an expression. You use the phrase 'things are looking up' when you want to suggest that conditions are getting better or more positive.

克里斯:这是个短语。当你想要表达情况正在好转或向积极的方向发展,你可以用“一切欣欣向荣”这个短语。

Helen: Oh, right...

海伦:哦,好吧。

Chris: Here are some examples:

克里斯:以下是一些例子:

My wife and I both found great new jobs last month, so things are looking up.

我的妻子和我上个月都找到了好的新工作,所以一切都欣欣向荣。

Things are finally looking up now that he's recovered from his illness.

事情现在终于好转了,他的病痊愈了。

Helen: So when Rosie told me that things were looking up, she meant that the weather has been getting better at the moment.

海伦:所以当罗西告诉我事情欣欣向荣,她的意思是天气当时正在好转。

Chris: Yes, she's suggesting that it looks like the weather in general is improving. So what do you think? Do you think the weather is getting better?

克里斯:是的,她的意思是看起来天气大体上在改善。那么你觉得呢?你觉得天气在好转吗?

Helen: So far, yes, yesterday was really hot. I hope it lasts for the weekend… But if things get worse, would you say, 'things are looking down'?

海伦:到目前为止,是的,昨天特别热。我希望一直延续到周末。但是如果情况变坏,你会说“事情正在向下”吗?

Chris: Not really. Instead, you could say: "It's taken a turn for the worse".

克里斯:不会的。相反,你可以说:“我正在转向坏的方向。”

Helen: It's taken a turn for the worse. That's a useful phrase.

海伦:转向坏的方向。这是个很有用的短语。

Chris: Oh, but hang on... look at that black cloud in the sky. It looks like it might rain after all. That's typical English weather!

克里斯:哦,但是等一下。看天空中那朵黑云。它看起来好像要下雨了。这是典型的英国天气!

Helen: Oh great. Things really have taken a turn for the worse! Quick, let's get back to the office before it rains.

海伦:哦太好了。事情真的转向坏的方向了!快,我们在下雨前回到办公室去。

Chris: Let's go! Do join us again for another edition of The English We Speak and visit our website, . Bye!

克里斯:我们走!一定要再次加入我们获取其他版本的我们所说的英语,并访问我们的网站,。再见!

Helen: Bye!

海伦:再见!