当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > The english we speak(BBC教学)第55期: go down a storm深受欢迎

The english we speak(BBC教学)第55期: go down a storm深受欢迎

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.99W 次

The english we speak(BBC教学)第55期: go down a storm深受欢迎

Kaz: Hello, I'm Kaz.

卡兹:大家好,我是卡兹。

Yang Li: And I'm Yang Li. Hey Kaz, there is a storm raging outside - let's shut that door.

杨丽:我是杨丽。嘿卡兹,外面有暴风雨在咆哮——我们关上门吧。

Yang Li: Ah that's better. Now I can ask you about your party last weekend. How did it go?

杨丽:啊这样好多了。现在我可以问关于你上周的派对的事了。进行的怎么样?

Kaz: It went down a storm Li.

卡兹:它深受欢迎丽。

Yang Li: Your party 'went down a storm.' You mean you cancelled it because of the weather? Because of high winds and rain? Or snow?

杨丽:你的派对“下降一个暴风雨”。你的意思是你因为天气取消了它?因为强烈的风和雨?或者雪?

Kaz: No, no, no Li. If something 'goes down a storm' it means it's massively successful and enjoyable - so my party went really well - it went down a storm.

卡兹:不不不丽。如果某事“深受欢迎”意思是它非常成功而且令人愉快——所以我的派对进行的很好——它深受欢迎。

Yang Li: People loved it?

杨丽:人们喜欢它?

Kaz: Exactly. People loved my party so I can say 'It went down a storm.'

卡兹:正是。人们喜欢我的派对所以我可以说“它深受欢迎”。

Yang Li: Your party went down a storm - it was incredible.

杨丽:你的派对深受欢迎——这令人难以置信。

Kaz: That's right.

卡兹:是的。

Yang Li: Well, Kaz, I gave a presentation yesterday.

杨丽:卡兹,我昨天做了演讲。

Kaz: Oh OK. How did it go?

卡兹:哦好的。怎么样?

Yang Li: It went really well, everyone loved it, it went down a storm.

杨丽:它进行得很好,每个人都喜欢它,它深受人们喜爱。

Kaz: That's great Li.

卡兹:这很好丽。

Yang Li: Yes, I'm delighted and I like today's expression. Let's listen to some more examples:

杨丽:是的,我很开心而且我喜欢今天的短语。让我们听更多的例子吧:

You should have seen the new band last night. They went down a storm with the audience.

你本应该看昨晚的新乐队的。他们深受观众喜爱。

My idea for more holidays went down a storm with my colleagues.

我想要更多的假期的想法深受我同事的欢迎。

I like the looks of this new toy. I'm sure it'll go down a storm with our customers.

我喜欢这个新玩具的外表。我确定它深受我们的顾客的欢迎。

Yang Li: Kaz, you know, to me the word 'storm' has negative associations because storms are usually destructive.

杨丽:卡兹,你知道,对我来说“暴风雨”这个词对我来说有消极的联系因为暴风雨通常情况下是毁灭性的。

Kaz: I agree Li but in this case it's used in a positive sense.

卡兹:我同意丽但是在这种情况下它用来表示积极的感情。

Yang Li: But it is informal, right?

杨丽:但是这是非正式的,对吗?

Kaz: Yes it is.

卡兹:是的。

Yang Li: So our listeners should use it with care.

杨丽:所以我们的听众要小心使用。

Kaz: That's right Li. So what do you think our listeners will think of today's expression?

卡兹:说得对丽。那么你觉得我们的听众会怎么想今天的短语?

Yang Li: I'm sure it'll go down a storm!

杨丽:我确信它会深受欢迎!

Both: Bye!

一起:再见!