当前位置

首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语美文 > 双语阅读:现在能做些什么

双语阅读:现在能做些什么

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.08W 次

摘要:对于一个思想或者想法,人们可以有一百万个不同的观点。不要没有头脑地固执于一个方面,至少在了解其他的方面前,不要急于采取行动。

双语阅读:现在能做些什么

Life Advice: What can I start doing now that will helpme a lot in about five years?

I will appreciate any suggestion. You might want to know that I'm 23 years old and currently aphysics student with large desire for progress, not only in my profession but also in all aspectsof life.

咨询关于生活的建议:现在开始做一些什么事情,可以让我在5年之后觉得受益匪浅?

我衷心感谢所有的意见。你或许应该了解,我今年23岁,是一名物理系的学生。我渴望在自己的专业上,以及生活的各个方面,不断进步。

This question originally appeared on Quora. From my personal experience my answer would be:

这个问题最初在Quora上出现,对这个问题我的回答是:

1. Eat healthy and take good care of yourself.

饮食健康,照顾好自己。

2. Use minimum amounts of cosmetic products on your face and body, all of them (in larger orsmaller amounts) are filled with harsh chemicals which travel from your skin straight to yourblood stream causing many problems (which you can't always see or feel right away).

尽量不在你的脸上或身体上涂抹化妆品,所有的化妆品(量多或量少)都充满了有害的化学物质,从你的皮肤直入你的血液流,从而导致许多问题(你很难马上看见或者感觉到)。

3. Exercise. Be physically active by doing something you enjoy, that way you will beexperiencing double benefit.

锻炼。积极锻炼身体,做你喜欢做的事情,这样你就可以收获双重好处。

4. Respect your family and your friends. Don't let them down, and never do something thatsomeone else would do, do what you feel it's right thing to do. Be more emphatic, you are notthe only person in the world with the feelings.

尊重你的家人和朋友,不要让他们失望。还有,不要因为别人会去做一件事就那么做,做你认为是对的事情。让自己更有同情心,世界上不止你一个人有那样的感受。

5. Read quality stuff! Reading brings to mind wisdom, the exchange of ideas, and quietcontemplation. Reading makes you richer and smarter.

阅读有质量的东西!阅读给思想注入智慧、让思想交流以及让你安静地沉思。阅读让你更充实、更聪颖。

6. Start learning new skills. Learning new language is always an advantage. Also, you can do alittle research on skills that will become essential in the future, but that are also appreciated inyour profession. For example, you can learn using ICT effectively, including specialist softwarepackages and some programming. You could also start researching about applications of yourknowledge in other fields; it might give you some interesting idea.

开始学习一种新技能。掌握一门外语总是一种优势。而且,你可以稍稍研究下未来可能会变得很重要、在你的专业范围内也会被赏识的技能。比如说,你可以学习有效地使用信息和通信技术,包括专业软件包和一些编程。你也可以开始研究你的知识在其他领域的应用,这可能会给你带来一些有趣的灵感。

7. Study hard and you will go far. Talent alone is not enough! It is known that people with lesstalent work harder, and lots of talented people think that their talent will do all the job. Wellguess what, it won't, because not working on your talent and not perfecting it is not respectingit (by receiving a talent you also receive responsibility). Hard workers are the successful ones,and if they are also talented they are destined to do great things.

努力学习,你会走得更远。单有才华也是不够的。众所周知,比较没天赋的人工作得更努力,很多有才的人认为他们的才华可以胜任所有的工作。你猜怎么着?答案是不可以,因为不利用不完善就是不尊重自己的才华(有才华也意味着有责任)。努力工作的人是成功的人,如果他们刚好也是有才华的人,他们势必能做伟大的事情。

8. Don't be too harsh on yourself or too self-critical, if you really feel you can't do somethingat this moment - take a break, make yourself comfortable, even spoil yourself a little.

不要对自己太苛刻或者太过自我批判了,如果你真觉得自己现在没办法做成某事——休息一下,让你自己觉得舒服,甚至可以稍微放纵一下自己。

9. Try to see the world as much as your financial situation allows you. Try to save some moneyfor traveling (one of the best ways to spend it).

在经济状况允许的条件下,尽量多看看这个世界。努力为旅行省一些钱(这是最好的花钱方式之一)。

10. There are a million different points of view on only one single thought or idea. Don't holdmindlessly to only one aspect, at least don't do that if you haven't understood all of the otherones. If you do not agree with someone else's actions/opinions at least try to understandthem. Understanding someone does not mean you agree with him, but it does makes your viewmuch much wider. And important thing you should have in mind is that everything in the worldis changeable.

对于一个思想或者想法,人们可以有一百万个不同的观点。不要没有头脑地固执于一个方面,至少在了解其他的方面前,不要急于采取行动。如果你不同意别人的某些行为或者意见,至少尝试去了解它们。理解某人不意味着你和他意见一致,这会让你的观点更加开阔。你应该记住一件重要的事情,那就是世界上所有事物都是可以改变的。

  Love Your Life

  热爱生活

However mean your life is, meet it and live it;

无论你的生活如何卑微,都要正视它,并活下去;

do not shun it and call it hard names.

不要躲避它,也不要恶语相加。

It is not so bad as you are.

你的生活不像你本人那么糟糕。

It looks poorest when you are richest.

你最富有的时候,你的生活看上去倒似最贫穷。

The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise.

吹毛求疵的人即便在天堂也能挑出瑕疵。

Love your life, poor as it is.

你要热爱你的生活,尽管生活一贫如洗。

You may perhaps have some pleasant,thrilling, glorious hours,even in a poorhouse.

即使身处济贫院,你也可能享受一段愉快、兴奋、美妙的时光。

The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the richman's abode;

西斜的落日映照在济贫院窗户上的余晖,与照射在富贵人家豪宅上的一样光芒万丈;

the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.

门前的积雪同在早春消融。

I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there,and have as cheering thoughts, asin a palace.

在我看来,一个心态平和的人处事泰然,思想乐观,过着自得其乐的生活,住在济贫院就如同居住在皇宫里一般。

The town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.

依我之见,城镇的贫民倒是往往过着最独立不羁的生活。

Maybe they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.

也许他们十分伟大,对任何事情皆可坦然受之。

Most think that they are above being supported by the town;

大多数人认为他们不屑于接受城镇的施救;

but it oftener happens that they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means,which should be more disreputable.

但是实际上他们经常使用不诚实的手段来维持自己的生计,这是更为不体面的。

Cultivate poverty like a garden herb, like sage.

像圣贤一样,如同栽培花园中的花草一般来培养贫困吧。

Do not trouble yourself much to get new things,whether clothes or friends.

犯不着千辛万苦以求获得新东西,无论是衣服还是朋友。

Turn the old; return to them.

返璞,归真。

Things do not change; we change.

万物没有变,是我们在变。

Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.

衣履可鬻,所思必存。

God will see that you do not want society.

上帝会证明,你并不需要社会。

If I were confined to a corner of a garret all my days,like a spider,the world would be just aslarge to me while I had my thoughts about me.

如果我每天都躲在阁楼一角,像只蜘蛛一样,可只要我的思想指引我,世界于我还是一样的广阔无边。