当前位置

首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语阅读理解 > 玩物谁知音? Ever Wonder about the Voice Behind the Toy?

玩物谁知音? Ever Wonder about the Voice Behind the Toy?

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.26W 次

玩物谁知音? Ever Wonder about the Voice Behind the Toy?

Charlie Ibsen (Voice Actor, as Scout the Dog):

查理·伊布森(为“童军狗狗”配音):

(Singing) Me and my friend Milo…

(歌声)我和我朋友梅洛……

Michele Norris (Host): If you are the parent of a young child or a child yourself, you might recognize this voice.

米切尔·诺里斯(主持人):如果你为人父母,家有幼童,又或者你本身就是小孩子,那么这声音你能认出来吧。

Ibsen: (Singing) …we’re the best of friends.

查理·伊布森:(歌声)……我们是最好的朋友。

Norris: That’s 11-year-old Charlie Ibsen as the LeapFrog toy Scout the Dog. Well, San Francisco Chronicle writer Peter Hartlaub has made it his mission to 1)track down the real people behind the voices of his children’s toys. He calls this the Talking Toy Project, and Peter Hartlaub joins us to talk about it. Welcome to the program.

诺里斯:大家听到的是为跳蛙玩具公司旗下产品“童军狗狗”配音的十一岁小孩查理·伊布森的歌声。《旧金山纪事报》的专栏作家彼特·哈特劳布展开了一场追踪玩具音源的行动,决意要找寻出自己孩子的发声玩具背后的配音真人,称之为“发声玩具项目”,今天他来到节目中跟我们聊这个话题。欢迎。

Mr. Peter Hartlaub (Pop Culture Critic, San Francisco Chronicle): Thank you for having me.

彼特·哈特劳布(《旧金山纪事报》的流行文化评论家):谢谢你的邀请。

Norris: How did you start on this adventure to track down the voices behind your kids’ toys?

诺里斯:你是怎么开始想到要寻找孩子玩具背后那些配音真人的呢?

Mr. Hartlaub: I think it went way back. I remember probably 20 years ago when I found out that the voice of Bart Simpson was actually a grown woman. I started to get 2)suspicious…(laughs)…every time I heard an 3)animated character. And then my children started getting talking toys as gifts. And, you know, they loved the talking toys. If it was up to me, I would have just, you know, 4)whittled all of their toys from 5)logs in the backyard. I didn’t want anything talking in my house except me and my wife and my kids. But they got the toys and they loved them, and that suspicion continued.

哈特劳布:想起来,这念头其实是很早以前就萌芽的了。我记得大概二十年前,我发现了动画片主角巴特·辛普森原来是个大人配音的,而且还是女的。以后但凡听到动画人物的声音时我就开始疑心重重(笑)……会不会又是……。后来我的孩子们会收到别人送的一些发声玩具礼物。你知道的,孩子们就是喜欢会说话的玩具。要是我能说了算,我就会在后院里找些木头来刨削切刻,自己给孩子做玩具去。除了我和太太还有我家孩子的声音,我可不想家里有些什么其他声音在叽里呱啦。但是,孩子们还是收到了那些会说话的玩具,而且喜欢得不得了,我那好奇疑心又一再被勾起。

Norris: And you 6)ultimately, starting with Scout the Dog, this green 7)floppy-eared dog, tracked down the voice who’s inside Scout, and you find it’s Charlie Ibsen, 11 years old.

诺里斯:然后你最终就从“童军狗狗”入手,找到了这只耷拉着耳朵的绿毛小狗背后的配音真人——十一岁的查理·伊布森。

Mr. Hartlaub: And I have always thought that they were all 45-year-old women, and then to find out that he was actually a kid was a surprise for me.

哈特劳布:我一直觉得都是些四十五岁的女人在做配音的,而后来发现“童军狗狗”的配音是个小孩,我感到挺意外的。

Norris: Well, Scout the Dog can be programmed to say your kid’s name, a favorite food or animal in Charlie’s voice, which means he has to go in and record those names, right?

诺里斯:“童军狗狗”这玩具可以设定让查理的声音叫出你家孩子的名字,讲出他/她最爱的一种食物或者动物,这样一来,查理就得按需要去录制那些名字了,是吧?

laub: Yeah. And I went in and he was recording, I think, “Rush” and “Dillon”.

哈特劳布:对的。我去看了他录音,当时,他在录“拉什”和“迪伦”这两个名字。

Norris: Let’s listen. We have some audio from that recording session when he’s recording these names.

诺里斯:我们来听听。我们有一些他在录这两个名字时的录音片段。

Unidentified Man #1: All right. We’re gonna do “Dillon”.

未名男士一:好了。我们来录“迪伦”。

Then we’re gonna do “Rush”. Ready?

然后再录“拉什”。准备好了没?

Ibsen: Yup. Dillon.

伊布森:行了。迪伦。

Unidentified Man #1: Perfect. Nice to meet you.

未名男士一:很好。很高兴见到你。

Ibsen: Dillon.

伊布森:迪伦。

Unidentified Man #1: That was the winner, Charlie.

未名男士一:查理,刚才的最赞了!

Ibsen: Rush.

伊布森:拉什。

Unidentified Man #1: Good.

未名男士一:好。

Norris: (laughs) He’s good at what he does.

诺里斯:(笑)他做得很好嘛。

Mr. Hartlaub: Yeah. He was “in-one-take Charlie”. They’re all in awe of him. He’s like a rock star when he walks into LeapFrog.

哈特劳布:是呀,他号称“一遍定音小查理”。那些制作人都对他佩服得不行。他走进跳蛙玩具公司时,整个一副摇滚巨星的姿态。

Norris: Well, Peter, you have tracked down the voice of Scout the Dog, so that’s one checked off your list. Who else are you trying to find? What other voices inside your kids’ toys?

诺里斯:彼特,你现在已经找到“童军狗狗”的配音演员,算是完成了一个任务了。还有谁你要找的呢?你家小孩的玩具里还有哪些声音你要追寻的呢?

Mr. Hartlaub: The next one I’ve got is the Fridge Farm Magnetic Animal Set, Tad the Frog, who I have located. That’s going to be the next one that I do. She’s in Los Angeles. I’m planning on a road trip.

哈特劳布:下一个要找的是“动物农庄磁铁乐”里面的宝贝小泰蛙,我已经找到了。这是接着要去采访的。她在洛杉矶,我正计划到那边去一趟。

Norris: OK. Now, you’ve brought the Fridge Farm Magnetic Animal Set there with you into the studio in San Francisco.

诺里斯:你这会儿还给我们在旧金山的播音室带来了这套“动物农庄磁铁乐”玩具。

Mr. Hartlaub: Yes, I have it.

哈特劳布:是的。

Norris: Can we hear it?

诺里斯:我们能听一听吗?

Mr. Hartlaub: Yes. Here you go.

哈特劳布:好,听吧。

Unidentified Woman (Voice Actress, as Farmer Tad): Hi, I’m Farmer Tad. Listen to my 8)banjo.

未名女士(“宝贝小泰蛙”的配音):你好,我是小泰蛙,来听我弹班卓琴吧。

Norris: OK. So you’re going to meet her.

诺里斯:听到了。那,你是要跟她见面了。

Mr. Hartlaub: There you go.

哈特劳布:没错。

Norris: Who else is on your list?

诺里斯:你的追踪计划里还有谁?

Mr. Hartlaub: I’ve got Iron Man.

哈特劳布:有“钢铁侠”。

Unidentified Man #2 (Voice Actor, as Iron Man): I am Iron Man.

未名男士二(“钢铁侠”配音):我是钢铁侠。

Norris: Oh, wow.

诺里斯:噢,厉害。

Unidentified Man #2: 9)Repulsor blast.

未名男士二:连发冲击波。

Norris: Do you think that’s a real person behind there?

诺里斯:你觉得那是真人的声音吗?

Mr. Hartlaub: I do. I’m betting they don’t look like Robert Downey Jr. (laughs) It could be a woman. It could be anything.

哈特劳布:是的。我敢说,配音的样子应该一点儿也不像小罗伯特·唐尼(电影《钢铁侠》的主演)。可能还是个女人给配的。说不准的。

Norris: I know. As someone who works in radio, let me tell you, you may be 10)sorely disappointed.

诺里斯:我明白。作为电台主持,我告诉你吧,见人不如闻声啊,你会很失望的。

Mr. Hartlaub: Who knows? It could be anybody. That’s what’s part of the fun of this.

哈特劳布:谁知道呢?什么可能性都有。那正是我追寻的乐趣之一。

Norris: Well, Peter Hartlaub, good luck on your 11)quest. Sounds fun.

诺里斯:彼特·哈特劳布,祝你的追踪行动一帆风顺。听起来很有趣的一个项目。

Mr. Hartlaub: Thank you so much.

哈特劳布:非常感谢。

Norris: Peter Hartlaub is the pop culture critic at the San Francisco Chronicle. He writes the parenting blog “The Poop,” and he’s spending this year tracking down the voices behind his children’s talking toys.

诺里斯:彼特·哈特劳布是《旧金山纪事报》的流行文化评论家,是育儿博客“便便”的博主,今年全力追踪孩子的发声玩具背后的配音真人。

Ibsen: Me and my friend Milo, we like to do everything together. Let’s jump up and down. Jump, jump, jump. Let’s wag our tails. Wiggle, wiggle, waggle. Let’s snuggle up. Snuggle, snuggle, snuggle. Me and my pal Milo, we’re the best of friends.

伊布森:我和朋友梅洛喜欢做什么都在一起。我们来跳上跳下吧。我跳、我跳、我跳。我们来摇摇尾巴吧。我摇、我摇、我摆。我们紧挨一起吧。我挨,我挨,我挨。我和死党梅洛是最好的朋友。

相关文章

推荐阅读

  • 1第124课:What was the best compliment you’ve received?
  • 2英语面试:About the Post
  • 3读小说还是看电影?Reading a Novel or Watching a Movie, which do You Prefer to?
  • 4ability to overcome adversity through greater production是什么意思、英文翻译及中文解释
  • 5Worry about the monthly exam3000字
  • 6The Arrow And The Song
  • 7科技是否扩大贫富差距?Dose Technology Widen the Gap Between the Poor and the Rich
  • 8关注留守儿童 Show More Concern About the Leftover Children
  • 9第283课:How do you think education could be improved in your country?
  • 10attaching together adhesive tapes,webs by means of adhesive tape是什么意思、英文翻译及中文解释
  • 11About the F word作文
  • 12allowing enterprises to retain a percentage of those funds which they have saved by economizing是什么意思
  • 13第97课:If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
  • 14be geared to economic development,which is our main field of endeavor是什么意思、英文翻译及中文解释
  • 15(among them some of state enterprises are) jointly owned by the state and individual investors是什么意思、
  • 16(forbid the) use of appropriations within the budget for projects it has not covered是什么意思、英文翻译及中文解释
  • 17第43课:Which TV show do you want your life to be like?
  • 18The speech about lenovo
  • 19bilateral agreement on the movement of currencies into and out of each others territory是什么意思、英文翻译及中
  • 20allowing enterprises to retain a percentage of those funds which they have saved by economizing是什么意思