当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 口语英语学习材料 > 美国人嘴边最常说的话2

美国人嘴边最常说的话2

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.42W 次

He's got a gift 他很有天赋

You should really continue with your tennis lessons. You have a gift and I think you can have the chance to get into a pro.

你真该继续上网球课.你很有天赋.我觉得你会有机会进入职业队的. 职业队

He really has a gift with the ladies. He always has a date on Friday night.

他对女人很有一套.周五晚上他总有约会的.

美国人嘴边最常说的话2



Get in the middle of 插手……,卷入……

It has nothing to do with are you getting in the middle of their arguments?

这事跟你一点关系都没有。你干吗搅合到他们的争论中呢?

I started working in a part time for a consulting I'm right getting in the middle of this huge deal.I don't understand how my job became so important.

我在一家咨询公司做兼职。现在我正接手一桩大买卖。我不知道我的工作怎么变得这么重要了。




See your way clear of something:避免

If you don't want to get caught in that storm. You'd better see your way clear of highway 27.

你要是不想遭遇暴风雪,最好避开27号高速路。

To be that situation in life, you really need to see your way clear of a lot of temptation.

在那种境况下,你真的要抵御很多诱惑。




cut to the chase:说话直截了当,切入正题

Let's cut to the chase.

我们直入主题吧。

Cut to the chase! We're tired of the story already.

直入主题吧! 我们已经听厌了这类故事。



Round and round:说话兜圈子

Look, we can go round and round all the afternoon, but we have to make a decision on the investment today.

听着,我们可以整个下午都一直兜圈子,可关于投资问题,我们今天必须做出决定。

You keep going round and round on the subject. Do you want to join the team our not?

你总是在兜圈子。你到底想不想参加进来?



you bet当然,肯定地,没问题

Can you help with my homework?

You bet. I just took this course last year.

你能帮我看看作业吗?

没问题。我去年刚学完这科。

You bet we’re going to the concert. We just got a great deal on tickets.

我们当然要去听音乐会了。我们拿到了几张优惠票。




Pep talk 鼓舞士气的讲话

My boss gave me a great pep talk before the big meeting.I think it really helped me to close the deal.

在会议之前,老板给我很多鼓励,这使我能够把单子签下来。

The team was given a pep talk on the morning of the big match.

运动队在大赛当天早晨听了一次鼓舞士气的讲话。

You give one heel of pep talk.

你的话真鼓舞人心。

Angela needed a good pep talk after she didn't get asked to the prom.

没有人请Angela跳舞,我们该给她一点鼓励。



Make sth harder than it has to be把……弄得很复杂

Dave is making it harder than it has to be by insisting we wait for the red light before we cross the street.

戴维坚持要等红灯变绿灯我们才能过马路。他真是多此一举。

Don't make it harder than it has to do what boss says so we can all get out here early.

你就别添乱了,按老板说的去做,我们都能早早收工。




Be tough on sb

1. 对…来说很难 be very hard to accomplish one's goal.。

Now I know all these studying is tough on when you get accepted to college you'll be happy.

我知道现在对你来说学习很难,可一旦你上了大学,你的前途就一片光明了。

2. 对……要求严格,苛刻

The coach was just being tough on you because he can see your potential.

教练对你要求严格是因为他知道你很有潜力。




She's in pretty bad shape.她的状况很不好.

That bicycle is in pretty bad shape.I'll only give you 30 bucks for that.

这辆自行车这么烂,我只出30块钱。

He was in pretty bad shape after his girlfriend broke up with him.

因为跟女朋友分手了,所以他的精神状况非常糟。