当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 英语突破情景对话 > 迷你对话学地道口语第2051期:使人迷恋,使人爱慕

迷你对话学地道口语第2051期:使人迷恋,使人爱慕

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.46W 次

情景对话:

ing-bottom: 66.56%;">迷你对话学地道口语第2051期:使人迷恋,使人爱慕

A: Look, Jack is taking out a new girl.

瞧,杰克又换了个女朋友。

B: I just can't understand why girls keep being swept off their foot by that good-for-nothing windbag.

真搞不懂这些女孩子们为什么都对这个什么都不好还净嚼舌头的人情有独钟。

A: That's easy. He's the most handsome by I ever met.

那还不容易,他可是我见过的最帅气的小伙子。

一, 词海拾贝

sweep someone off one’s feet

exp. To cause someone to be admiring or infatuated. (使人狂热,使人迷恋,使人爱慕

e.g. Dick was so crazy about Jane that he threw himself at her feet. Jane was swept off her feet and they're getting married next Tuesday.

迪克实在是爱简,他完全拜倒在她的石榴裙下。这一下使得简感到飘飘然,不由自主了,他们竟然决定下星期二就结婚。

e.g. Hal, I know how anxious you are to get married and start a family. But don't let yourself get swept off your feet by a pretty face: think about what you are doing before you get caught.

Hal,我知道你是非常急于结婚成家,但是你不要被一张漂亮的脸弄得昏昏然的。在问题还没有发生前,你得脑子清楚一些,明白自己到底在干什么。

A: Is Lucy still gushing about her new boyfriend?

露西还在滔滔不绝地谈论她的新男友吗?

B: Yeah, he must have really swept her off her feet.

是啊,他一定让她神魂颠倒了。

二, 语汇积累

1. take out:邀请某人外出

e.g. She asked if she could take me out sometime for dinner or a movie.

她问能不能找个时间带我出去吃顿饭或者看个电影。

e.g. I'm taking out my parents to dinner to thank them for their help.

我要带我父母去吃饭,以感谢他们的帮助。

2. good for nothing:毫无价值

e.g. Everybody has his own merits and demerits. One should never think that he is perfect while others are all good for nothing.

每个人都有自己的优点和缺点,不要把别人都看成百无一是, 把自己看成十全十美。

e.g. My evidence would be good for nothing.

我的证明是毫无用处的。