当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 英语突破情景对话 > 迷你对话学地道口语第2046期:使人厌烦

迷你对话学地道口语第2046期:使人厌烦

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.43W 次

情景对话:

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你对话学地道口语第2046期:使人厌烦

A: They are the best friends in my eyes.

我看他们两个可真是好朋友。

B: Do you really think so?

你真这么认为吗?

A: Yes.

是的。

B: Yesterday, our teacher praised Tom, right?

昨天老师表扬了汤姆,对吧?

A: Yeah, but what?

是呀,那又怎样?

B: Didn't you see Jim's face, such praise of Tom stuck in his throat.

你难道没看见吉姆的脸色吗,他很恼火。

第一, 词海识贝

stick in one’s throat

exp. To annoy someone or make someone cannot accept something. (使人厌烦,让人难以接受

e.g. The way that Bob was fired has stuck in his throat all these years. If it had been handled differently, I don't think it would have affected him as much.

这些年来,鲍勃被解雇这件事一直让他耿耿于怀。如果能换一种方式处理,我想对他的影响不会这么大。

e.g. Her comment really stuck in my throat. She was really out of line to say that.

她的评论真的让我很恼火,说那些话实在是太过分了。

What really sticks in my throat is the way that she just assumes she'll be in charge of the project.

真正让我恼火的是她自以为是地认为她将负责这个项目。

e.g. It sticks in his throat to have to take any order from his boss.

要他对老板百依百顺真使他无法接受。

e.g. It sticks in his throat to take orders from a man who once worked for him.

得服从一个曾经做下属的人的命令,这使他难以忍受。

第二, 语汇积累

1. praises of:对某人的赞扬

e.g. The praises of his friends made the boy feel very proud.

朋友们的赞扬使这个小伙子感到很得意。

2. in one’s eye(s):在某人的心目中,在某人的眼中

e.g. The author's half drunken state did not in the least impair his eminence in my eyes.

在我的眼里,这位作家的醺醺醉态丝毫无损他的高尚。

e.g. In my eye, Jake, you're the most wonderful man on the planet.

Janck,在我眼里,你是这个星球上最棒的男人。