当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第511期:The Roommate 室友

美语情景对话 第511期:The Roommate 室友

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.85W 次

Todd: Hey, Jeff this is a very nice apartment.

托德:嗨,杰夫,这个公寓真不错。

Jeff: Hmm. It's comfortable. It's cozy. Japanese style.

杰夫:嗯。舒服又温馨。这是日式公寓。

Todd: I like it. It's got the tatami mat, small kitchen. Do you live alone?

托德:我喜欢这间公寓。有榻榻米,还有间小厨房。你是一个人住吗?

Jeff: I live alone but right now I have a friend of mine staying with me.

杰夫:我是一个人住,不过现在有个朋友和我住在一起。

Todd: Oh, really, a roommate.

托德:哦,室友。

Jeff: Sort of like a roommate, yes. A short term, he's staying with me short-term, so yes a roommate.

杰夫:有点儿像室友。他只是暂时和我住在一起,对,是室友。

Todd: OK, how's that going?

托德:好,感觉怎么样?

Jeff: Ah, I don't like it.

杰夫:我不喜欢。

Todd: Why?

托德:为什么?

Jeff: He's lazy. He's messy. He drinks too much. He doesn't exercise and he doesn't contribute any money to the rent.

杰夫:他又懒又邋遢还酗酒。他不锻炼,也不帮我分担房租。

Todd: Ooh, so he lives here and he doesn't give you any money?

托德:哦,那他住在这里可是没有付你房租吗?

Jeff: Well, yeah, he doesn't give me any money. The money's not so bad, though, it's just that he's lazy and he doesn't do much all day.

杰夫:对,他并没有付我钱。其实房租还不是最糟糕的,主要是他太懒了,一整天都不怎么动。

Todd: That's got to be pretty annoying.

托德:那真是很烦人。

Jeff: He's a great fellow. He's a good friend of mine, but, yeah, he's, I try to motivate him to do a few things but he's a tough one.

杰夫:他人不错,是我的好朋友,我试图激励他去做一些事情,不过很难。

Todd: Are you going to tell him he has to move out?

托德:你会告诉他让他搬出去吗?

Jeff: Ah, no, he's a smart man. He knows. He knows. He knows the deal. He knows what's going on and I think he's, yeah, I would never ask him to move out because I don't mind having him here but I'm just going to try to whip him into shape.

杰夫:不会,他是个聪明人。他知道,他知道情况,这些他都知道,所以我想我不会让他搬出去,因为我并不介意他住在这里,不过我会努力帮他塑造形象。

Todd: Oh, so you're just going to try to change him so he becomes a better roommate?

托德:所以你要试图去改变他,使他成为更好的室友?

Jeff: I'm going to be like a woman and try to, yeah, try to get him a better schedule, a better schedule (yeah) like exercise and eating right and less smoking and less drinking.

杰夫:我会去做女性做的事情,帮他制定一份更好的时间表,让他去锻炼、合理饮食、少吸烟、少喝酒。

Todd: Well, what is his schedule?

托德:那他现在的生活是什么样的?

Jeff: Ah, his schedule is, he's like a night owl, he stays up most of the night drinking, and then he sleeps most of the day recovering, and then when he gets up he has a hangover. He's a bit sluggish and slow, so it's not a healthy lifestyle.

杰夫:他的日常安排,他是个夜猫子,他晚上经常熬夜,大部分时间都在喝酒,他白天睡觉来恢复精神,起床的时候会有宿醉的感觉。他行动有些缓慢,这是不健康的生活方式。

Todd: Yeah, it doesn't sound like it. Good luck.

托德:对,听上去并不健康。祝你好运。

Jeff: No problem.

杰夫:谢谢

美语情景对话 第511期:The Roommate 室友

译文属仅供学习交流使未经许可请勿转载

重点讲解:
1. contribute to
(为…)做贡献;
eg. His experience contribute greatly to the success of his novel.
他的经历对他的小说的成功帮助很大。
eg. Proper rest and enough sleep contribute to longevity.
适当的休息和足够的睡眠有益于长寿。
2. motivate sb. to dos th.
激励某人做某事;
eg. Stock options are a good way to motivate employees to work harder.
股票选择权是激励员工更努力工作的好方法。
eg. Your trainer will motivate you to keep with the training program.
你的教练将会激励你坚持完成健身计划。
3. whip sb./sth. into shape
把…训练好;使…符合要求;
eg. The sergeant will whip the soldiers into shape.
警官严格塑造士兵的军人形象。
eg. Few people doubt his ability to whip the economy into shape.
几乎无人怀疑他整顿经济的能力
4. stay up
深夜不睡;熬夜;
eg. We stayed up yarning until midnight.
我们讲故事一直讲到半夜才睡。
eg. Mary's father will not permit her to stay up late.
玛丽的父亲不允许她熬夜。