当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第476期:Family Road Trip 家庭公路旅行

美语情景对话 第476期:Family Road Trip 家庭公路旅行

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.93W 次

Todd: So Tres, you said when you were younger, you took many family car trips.

托德:特雷斯,你说过你年轻时曾有过很多次家庭驾车旅行。

Tres: Oh yes. You can say I grew up in the car. We'd take road trips from Oklahoma (state of Oklahoma) to say Florida or Georgia, Mississippi. We'd even drive up north to New York, and I've taken road trips to Colorado, and Seattle Washington. Inside the car, when I'm with my brothers and sisters, sometimes we'd fight but most of the time we'd play various games. For example we'd count the license plates.

特雷斯:是的。可以说我是在车里长大的。我们会开车从俄克拉荷马州前往佛罗里达州或是乔治亚州和密苏里州。我们也曾开车北上前往纽约,我曾开展过前往科罗拉多州和华盛顿州西雅图市的公路旅行。我和哥哥姐姐在车里的时候会互相打闹,不过大多数时间我们会玩各种游戏。比如我们会数车牌。

Todd: So license plates are the, like I.D. on the back of a car.

托德:车牌是指车后面标的I.D.这种吗?

Tres: Right. I.D. on the back of a car, and depending on the state, the license plate changes. So we try to see, how many states we can count. And who every got the most states by the end of the trip of course would win. We'd do other things, for example, my parents always made sure that we visited historical sites to learn about the local culture of the area. And we'd also try the local foods that existed. So whenever we'd drive to the south, for example, if we drove through Louisiana, we'd try Cajun food. Which is full of gumbo (which is another word for okra), and rice, and Cray fish (which is sort of like a lobster).

特雷斯:没错。是车后面标的I.D.,不过不同的州车牌标识也会不同。所以我们会比赛看我们能数到多少个州的车牌。在旅行结束后记录到最多州的人就是胜利者。我们也会做其他事情,比如我的父母会确保我们参观了历史古迹,这样我们就能了解当地的文化。我们也会尝试当地的食物。所以每次我们开车去南部旅行时,举例来说,如果我们去路里斯安那州旅行,我们就会吃卡真风味美食。卡真食物以秋葵(这是秋葵的另一种说法)、米饭和螯虾(与龙虾类似)为主。

Todd: Sounds good. It's spicy?

托德:听起来不错。卡真食物是辣的吗?

Tres: Oh yea it's very spicy. Very very spicy. So we had a lot of fun times in the car.

特雷斯:是,非常辣。非常非常辣。总的来说我们会在车里度过很多愉快时光。

Todd: So did you have some bad times in the car? Did you fight with your brothers and your sisters?

托德:那你在车里有没有不愉快的时光?你会和你的哥哥姐姐打架吗?

Tres: Occasionally we would fight. I was the youngest of three, so I always lost. So it was very hard. And I had the middle seat. So if my older brother fought with my older sister, then I was stuck in the centre.

特雷斯:有时我们会打架。我是三个孩子中最小的,所以我总是输。这非常困难。我坐在中间,如果我哥哥和我姐姐打架,那我就会被困在中间。

Todd: Not fun.

托德:这可不好玩。

Tres: Not fun at all. But we hardly ever fought and I would say the road trips were a lot of fun.

特雷斯:一点儿也不好玩。不过我们几乎不打架,所以我们的公路旅行有很多乐趣。

Todd: Yeah. I took a lot of road trips with my family I remember them very fondly.

托德:好。我也和我的家人一起进行过公路旅行,在我记忆中这些旅行非常美好。

美语情景对话 第476期:Family Road Trip 家庭公路旅行

译文属仅供学习交流使,未经许可请勿转载

重点讲解:
1. make sure that
一定要;设法保证;
eg. But, we want to make sure that everything we do has the right nutritional value for our kids.
但我们还是希望确保我们提供的所有食品对孩子有恰当的营养价值。
eg. We have to respect individuals' rights and make sure that they're not harassing people online.
我们必须尊重个人的权利,确保人们在网络上不受干扰。
2. be full of
有大量…的;满是…的;
eg. The book is full of amusing sidelights on his family background.
书中有很多关于他家庭背景的趣闻。
eg. This young man is full of conceit.
这个年轻人非常自负。
3. hardly ever
几乎不;几乎没有;
eg. We ate chips every night, but hardly ever had fish.
我们每晚吃炸薯条,但几乎从不吃鱼。
eg. I have hardly ever been out of this city.
我几乎未曾离开过这个城市。