当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第467期:Exchange Host 接待家庭

美语情景对话 第467期:Exchange Host 接待家庭

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.75W 次

Todd: Now Kate, you said that you actually had exchange students live with you…

托德:凯特,你说过你曾和交换学生一起住在……

Kate: I did.

凯特:是的。

Todd: …in New Zealand.

托德:……在新西兰。

Kate: I've had 3 exchange students.

凯特:我家里曾住过三个交换学生。

Todd: Ok, can you talk about each one?

托德:好,你能分别介绍一下他们吗?

Kate: Yep, the first one, she was very young, she was 14 I think at the time, so it was quite difficult for her to come to another country by herself, but by the end of 2 weeks she was in tears when she left our family. She was just so happy and overjoyed. And we still keep in contact.

凯特:好的,首先第一个,这个女孩年龄非常小,当时她只有14岁,所以对她来说独自来到一个陌生的国家非常难,两周后交换结束时她离开我家时哭了。那是因为她太开心了,可以说是欣喜若狂。现在我和她还有联系。

Todd: What was her name?

托德:她叫什么名字?

Kate: Ariko.

凯特:她叫Ariko。

Todd: Oh, ok.

托德:好。

Kate: Ariko.

凯特:名字是Ariko。

Todd: So were all the exchange students from Japan?

托德:那这些交换学生都来自日本吗?

Kate: They were. Three from Japan.

凯特:是的。都来自日本。

Todd: Who else did you have come to stay with you?

托德:还有哪个交换学生在你家住过?

Kate: The next one was interesting. She was from Kanto.. Kansai, near Osaka in Japan. And she actually…she was in a band, a brass band, an orchestra. She actually came to New Zealand to just play in this orchestra. She was a very lovely girl. She spoke fluent English so we had no problems in communicating.

凯特:第二个交换学生非常有意思。她来自关东……抱歉,是关西地区,在日本大阪附近。实际上她是乐队成员,是铜管乐队,管弦乐队的成员。她来新西兰就是为了参加这个管弦乐队。她是个非常可爱的女孩。她能说流利的英语,所以我们在交流上完全没有问题。

Todd: How long did she stay?

托德:她住了多长时间?

Kate: She stayed for 3 weeks actually. A bit longer.

凯特:她住了三周的时间。要稍微长一些。

Todd: You said there was one more…

托德:你说过还有一名交换学生……

Kate: One more was Ayako. She was older, she was actually more my brother's age so she spent a lot of time with my brother rather than with me 'cause I was going to school every day.

凯特:对,最后一个交换学生叫绫子。她的年龄要大一些,其实她和我哥哥的年龄差不多,所以相比我来说,她和我哥哥待在一起的时间更长,因为我每天都要去上学

Todd: Oh, I see.

托德:哦,我知道了。

Kate: But we still got on very well. And my most memorable moment was going horse riding with her.

凯特:不过我们相处得很好。我印象最深的就是和她一起去骑马。

Todd: Oh, nice. Had she been on a horse before?

托德:真好。她以前骑过马吗?

Kate: No, first time.

凯特:没有,那是第一次。

Todd: She must have been pretty scared of the horses!

托德:她一定非常害怕马!

Kate: Yeah she was.

凯特:没错,她很害怕。

美语情景对话 第467期:Exchange Host 接待家庭

译文属仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载

重点讲解:
1. by oneself
独自;单独;
eg. You're old enough to travel on the train by yourself.
你长大了,能一个人坐火车了。
eg. Clive disappeared into a room by himself.
克莱夫独自一人进了屋。
2. in tears
哭泣;
eg. She steeped her handkerchief in tears.
她的泪水湿透了她的手绢。
eg. He ran home in tears to his mother.
他流著泪跑回家去找妈妈。
3. keep in contact
保持联络;
eg. We do keep in contact.
我们确实保持着联系。
eg. He bought a mobile phone to keep in contact more easily.
为了联系方便,他买了个手机。
4. get on
(同…)和睦相处;
eg. He is not a very easy man to get on with.
他不是一个容易相处的人。
eg. We do not get on well together.
我们相处得不融洽。
5. be scared of
惊恐的;恐惧的;害怕的;
eg. She's scared of walking home alone.
她害怕单独走回家。
eg. I was scared of slipping on the ice.
我害怕在冰上滑倒。