当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第405期:Bargains 便宜货品

美语情景对话 第405期:Bargains 便宜货品

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.72W 次

I'm an English teacher in Japan and when I first came here I didn't really have very much money so I found things quite expensive and I went out looking for cheap bargains. I came across a shop and it called the 100 Yen shop. It's absolutely fantastic. 100 Yen is about 50 p, 50 pence that is. I think that's about 1 dollar, and you go in there and everything is 100 yen. You can buy all sorts of things in a 100 yen shop. You can buy food. You can buy things for your house, things for your bathroom, your kitchen. You can buy ornaments and stationary and things like shampoo. I really, really like to get a bargain and when I go in and I know that I've found something and it's worth buying, I really, really get excited about it, and it sends shivers down my spine. We have a shop in Britain and it's quite similar to the 100 yen shop. It's called Pound Land and so everything in it is 1 pound. Not everything is a real bargain.

我在日本当英语老师,我第一次来这里的时候,我没有太多钱,所以我觉得东西非常贵,于是我就去四处寻找便宜的东西,我偶然发现一家商店,名为100日元店。那简直太棒了。100日元大概是50便士。我想100日元大概是1美元,走进店里你会发现店内的所有商品都只要100日元。你可以在100日元店买到各种东西。你可以在那里买到食物,也可以买到你的房子需要的东西,买到浴室、厨房里需要用到的东西。你还可以买到装饰品、文具和洗发水这样的东西。我真的很想能买到便宜货,而我走进这家店以后发现,我确实找到了一些值得买的东西,我真的对此感到非常兴奋,这让我非常激动。我们英国有一种类似于100日元店的商店。商店名为一磅店,顾名思义,这家店里的商品都只要1英镑。但并不是所有东西都很划算。

Some things are really pretty rubbish but if you do find a bargain, it's great. It reminds me really of what we have in Britain called car boot sales. They are places where people go and they feel their cars full of things that they don't want anymore and they sell them and people look through other people's items and they find the things that they want to buy and they barter, so they try and get things for a cheap price. It's really good though when you get a bargain. How do you feel about that?

有些东西的质量真的非常不好,但是如果你能买到便宜货,那还是不错的。这使我想到英国的跳蚤市场。人们如果觉得他们车里装满了东西,而他们又不再需要那些东西了,那他们就会去跳蚤市场把这些东西卖掉,他们会去看其他人卖的东西,如果他们找到了想买的东西,那他们就会进行交换,他们试图以低价获得某些东西。在你想买便宜货的时候这是种非常不错的方法。你们怎么认为呢?

美语情景对话 第405期:Bargains 便宜货品

重点讲解:
1. come across
偶然发现;偶然遇见;
eg. I never remember having come across a man like that.
我怎么也记不起碰到过这样一个人。
eg. This is the worst place I've come across.
这是我见过的最差的地方。
2. all sorts of
各种各样的;形形色色的;
eg. All sorts of thoughts were running through my head.
各种各样的想法在我的脑海里闪过。
eg. He was turned to for advice by all sorts of people.
各种各样的人都向他求教。
3. be similar to
相像的;相仿的;类似的;
eg. The two cats are similar to each other in appearance and size.
这两只猫的模样和大小相仿。
eg. For Jack, it was just a job. A job similar to any other.
对杰克来说这仅仅是一份工作,和别人的工作没区别。
4. remind sb. of sth.
(因为相似)使联想到;
eg. She reminds me of the wife of the pilot who used to work for you.
她让我想到过去为你工作的飞行员的妻子。
eg. This reminds me of Christmas parties.
这让我想起圣诞聚会。
5. look through
逐一查看;浏览;
eg. I want to look through the drink list first.
我想先看看看饮料单。
eg. When I look through my old photos, I am lost in memory.
当我又翻弄那些旧照片时, 往事又涌上心头。