当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第506期:Embarrassing Moments 尴尬时刻

美语情景对话 第506期:Embarrassing Moments 尴尬时刻

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.18W 次

Mark: So Todd what would you say was your best Moment of your whole high school experience?

马克:托德,你认为你整个高中生涯中最美好的时刻是什么时候?

Todd: Oh, wow. My best moment was, well I played football and they never gave me the ball. I always sat on the bench and then one game, I actually got to touch the ball and run with the ball, but unfortunately it was also my worst moment, cause as I was running with the football, you run forward and there was nobody in front of me and I tripped, and it was pretty embarrassing.

托德:哦,哇。我最美好的时刻……我高中时踢足球,可是他们却从来不传球给我。所以我总是坐在替补席上,然后有一场比赛我触球了,而且带球奔跑,可是不幸的是那也是我最糟糕的时刻,因为我带球向前跑的时候,前面没有人可是我绊倒了,那真是太尴尬了。

Mark: Like you, the field was open, you could have.

马克:前面是开放的,其实你可以进球。

Todd: Scored. Yeah, yeah. Could have been the hero and all that and I tripped. But most of my negative stuff, or my bad memories were all to do with girls.

托德:本可以进球。是啊。我本来能成为英雄,可是我却摔倒了。不过我大部分痛苦的回忆都与女孩有关。

Mark: Yeah, me too.

马克:我也是。

Todd: Let's see, there was one time I asked a girl out to a date and she said that she would go out with me, and I was so happy, and I was walking away from her and I was waving and at the last minute I saw her turn away and flinch, and I thought, "Why is she flinching? Why is she turning away?" That's right about the time I walked right into a pole. It just about knocked me out, and so she didn't even come over and see if I was OK. She kind of just left me there cause she figured I was embarrassed.

托德:有一次我邀请一个女孩出去约会,她答应我会和我约会,当时我非常高兴,我从她旁边走开时一直在向她挥手,可是最后我看到她转过脸去逃避我,当时我在想:“她为什么要躲避我?她为什么要把脸转过去?”那时我撞在了一根杆子上,几乎撞晕了过去,可是她却没有过来看看我是不是还好。她就那样把我一个人留在了那里,因为她认为我很尴尬。

Mark: Oh, were you embarrassed?

马克:哦,你当时很尴尬吗?

Todd: Of course.

托德:当然了。

Mark: Of course.

马克:当然。

Todd: There was another girl the year before that I has asked out for my first date. So we went out to the movies and then after the date, you have to walk her to the front door (right) and we walked to the front door and the main thing is can you get a kiss goodnight (right) so I was just so nervous that she wouldn't kiss me and so then we walked to the front door and she kissed me and I was so happy cause I just felt like "Wow, I got a kiss on my first date!" and then I went to school the next Monday morning and I'm walking through campus and I feel really good because, you know, I can say that I got a kiss, and I walk up to my friends and they just start laughing at me, and they're like, "Yeah, we talked with Laura" that was the girl's name, "We talked with Laura and she said you kiss like a fish."

托德:那年还有一个女孩,我邀请她和我出去约会,那是我第一次约会。我们一起去看了电影,约会之后你要把她送到家门口(对),我在想到家门口以后会不会得到晚安吻(对),我当时非常紧张,怕她不会亲吻我,我们走到家门口后,她吻了我,我很高兴,因为我想:“哇,我在第一次约会中得到了一个吻!”下个周一早上我去上学,我非常高兴,因为我可以炫耀我接吻了,我向朋友们走去,他们看到我就开始笑我,他们说:“我们和劳拉聊过了”,劳拉是那个女孩的名字,“我们和劳拉聊过了,她说你接吻像鱼一样。”

Mark: Ah, man (so) Oh, that's rough.

马克:啊,天哪,那真糟糕。

Todd: Yeah, it's pretty bad. My moment of glory was ruined.

托德:是啊,太糟糕了。我的荣耀时刻就这么毁了。

美语情景对话 第506期:Embarrassing Moments 尴尬时刻

译文属仅供学习交流使未经许可请勿转载

重点讲解:
1. be sth. to do with sth.
与…有关;关于;
eg. They were shouting at each other. It was something to do with money.
他们在吵架,是为了钱的事。
eg. My new job is something to do with marketing.
我的新工作和市场营销有关。
2. knock out
使不省人事;使入睡;
eg. He was knocked out by a single blow to the head.
他头上只被打了一下便昏过去了。
eg. The police was hit on the head and knocked out.
警察头部被击,晕倒了。
3. laugh at
嘲笑;讥笑;
eg. Don't laugh at unfortunate people.
不要嘲笑不幸的人。
eg. They laughed at my puny efforts at rock-climbing.
他们取笑我在攀岩活动中的那可怜劲儿。