当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第247期:Signs 标志

美语情景对话 第247期:Signs 标志

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.45W 次

Todd: Hello, Jessica.

托德:你好,杰西卡。

Jessica: Hi, Todd.

杰西卡:嗨,托德。

Todd: Jessica, when were you born?

托德:杰西卡,你是什么时候出生的?

Jessica: I was born October 6th, 1981.

杰西卡:我出生于1981年10月6日。

Todd: Wow, 1981.

托德:哇,1981年。

Jessica: Yeah, that's right.

杰西卡:对,没错。

Todd: Man, you're young. Whoo! I'm an old guy.

托德:哦,你真年轻。哇!我都老了。

Jessica: I'm 22 so.

杰西卡:我22岁。

Todd: Wow! My birthday is October 2nd, 1969, so we have over 10 years between us.

托德:哇!我是1969年10月22日出生的,所以我们有10多岁的年龄差。

Jessica: Yeah, that's right.

杰西卡:对,没错。

Todd: OK, so we're both libras.

托德:嗯,我们俩都是天秤座。

Jessica: Right.

杰西卡:没错。

Todd: Actually, I don't even know, what is libra? People say, oh, you're a libra? What does that mean?

托德:实际上,我甚至不清楚天秤座是什么?人们总是说,哦,你是天秤座吧?那是什么意思?

Jessica: Well, Libra I think is just balance. Right, so we don't, we're not extreme, neither one way nor another, so we keep that kind of happy medium all the time and we don't ever freak out and we're just kind of mellow. Just very equal.

杰西卡:嗯,我想天秤座代表着平衡。没错,所以我们不会过于极端,不会做得太过,我们会时刻保持一种中庸的方式,我们也不会情绪失控,我们通常处于一种温和的状态。很平和。

Todd: OK. So were very mellow, very equal.

托德:好的。所以我们非常温和,非常平和。

Jessica: I think so. Kind of a nice equilibrium.

杰西卡:我想是这样的。有点儿像平衡状态。

Todd: OK, well you've worked with me awhile. Am I mellow?

托德:好,嗯,你和工一起工作有段儿时间了。你觉得我温和吗?

Jessica: I don't know. Yeah, I think so I think so.

杰西卡:我不清楚。嗯,我想是这样的,你挺温和的。

Todd: Maybe not, maybe not.

托德:可能不是,可能不是。

Jessica: I think so, yeah, no, definitely.

杰西卡:我想是的,不,绝对是的。

Todd: Maybe I go against the sign.

托德:也许我与这个含义不符。

Jessica: Right.

杰西卡:好吧。

Todd: OK, how about you? Are you mellow?

托德:好,那你呢?你温和吗?

Jessica: I think so. When it comes, cause I don't tend to go one extreme or the other. Just kind of straight off.

杰西卡:我想是的。在涉及到一些事时,因为我不想太过极端化。我会保持稳定。

Todd: Even keel.

托德:平稳的。

Jessica: That's right.

杰西卡:没错。

美语情景对话 第247期:Signs 标志

重点讲解
1. happy medium
中庸之道;折中办法;
eg. I still aim to strike a happy medium between producing football that's worth watching and getting results.
我仍致力于打造这样一种球风——既具观赏性,又能得分,两全其美。
eg. It's very difficult to strike a happy medium and make it right for everybody.
找到皆大欢喜的折中办法颇有难度。
2. freak out
(使)吃惊;(使)不安;(使)恼怒;(使)困惑;
eg. I remember the first time I went onstage. I freaked out completely.
我还记得自己第一次登台的情形。我完全吓坏了。
eg. I think our music freaks people out sometimes.
我想我们的音乐有时会吓着大家。
eg. It sort of frightens me. I guess I am kind of freaked out by it.
它让我有点害怕。我想我可能被它弄得心里有些发毛。
3. go against
违背;违反;
eg. Changes are being made here which go against my principles and I cannot agree with them.
这里作的改动违背了我的原则,我不能同意。
eg. He went against the advice of his colleagues and resigned.
他不顾同事的劝告辞了职。
4. tend to do sth.
往往会;经常就;倾向于做某事;
eg. A problem for manufacturers is that lighter cars tend to be noisy...
制造商们遇到的一个问题是,重量较轻的汽车往往噪音大。
eg. We tend to make mistakes when we do things in a hurry.
忙中不免出错。