当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第487期:Sleeping 睡眠

美语情景对话 第487期:Sleeping 睡眠

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.45W 次

Ruth: Now Akane!

鲁斯:茜!

Akane: Yeah.

茜:好。

Ruth: I've noticed that you fall asleep everywhere.

鲁斯:我发现你在哪里都能睡着。

Akane: Oh, you've noticed. Oh, no, it's actually a problem that I have.

茜:哦,你注意到了啊。其实这是困扰我的一个问题。

Ruth: Really?

鲁斯:真的吗?

Akane: Yeah, I do get sleepy.

茜:对,我总是昏昏欲睡。

Ruth: Well, it's just that whenever we come back from work, or we go to work, you always fall asleep on the bus.

鲁斯:嗯,我们下班回家或是上班的路上,你总是会在公交车上睡着。

Akane: I do. I'm so tired in the mornings.

茜:的确是这样。我早上非常累。

Ruth: So, you're tired in the mornings (Mm-hm) so don't you sleep at night?

鲁斯:你早上很累(嗯),你晚上不睡觉吗?

Akane: I do. I actually do go to bed quite early but I hate waking up really early so I think it's the early mornings that really get to me.

茜:睡觉。我晚上很早就上床睡觉了,可是我讨厌早起,所以我讨厌清晨。

Ruth: So do you think lots of people in your family do this, because you know, you really do seem to sleep far more than anybody I've ever met.

鲁斯:你家人是不是也这样,你的睡觉时间真的比我认识的其他人要多得多。

Akane: Actually, yeah, my father does say that he falls asleep at work.

茜:实际上我爸爸说他上班时会睡着。

Ruth: No!

鲁斯:不是吧。

Akane: Yeah. And my mom falls asleep at work as well when there's not costumers.

茜:是的。我妈妈在没有客户的时候也会在上班期间睡着。

Ruth: Oh, you're joking.

鲁斯:开玩笑的吧。

Akane: Yeah. Yeah. So it runs in the family.

茜:真的。是真的。所以这是我们全家共有的问题。

Ruth: So have you ever done that? Have you ever fallen asleep at work?

鲁斯:那你有过吗?有在上班时间睡着过吗?

Akane: Actually, well, I don't fall asleep when I'm teaching, cause its such a busy job (Yeah) but when I was working in an office, when I was doing medical research, it was such a boring job that I did used to fall asleep in front of the computer sometimes. It's really embarrassing.

茜:我在教学的时候不会睡着,因为工作太忙了,但是我在办公室做研究时,因为实在太枯燥了我有几次在电脑前面睡着了。这真的太尴尬了。

Ruth: So have you ever had an embarrassing moment when you've fallen asleep?

鲁斯:你有没有因为睡着而经历尴尬的时刻?

Akane: Actually, yes. One time we went to watch the symphony orchestra and it was beautiful music and I was enjoying myself but I just fell asleep in between.

茜:有。有一次我们去看交响乐团的演出,音乐非常美,我非常享受,不过我在演出中睡着了。

Ruth: Oh, no, Akane.

鲁斯:哦,不是吧,茜。

Akane: Yeah.

茜:是的。

Ruth: So how many hours sleep do you normally get Akane?

鲁斯:茜,你一般睡几个小时?

Akane: Well, I try to get at least nine. Of course that's not always possible, so I'd say on average about eight and a half hours.

茜:嗯,我尽量保证睡够九个小时。当然有时做不到,不过平均来说差不多八个半小时。

Ruth: Eight and a half.

鲁斯:八个半小时。

Akane: Yeah.

茜:对。

Ruth: Well, I suppose if you add that to the five hours a day that you sleep that's quite a lot.

鲁斯:我在想如果再加上那五个小时,你一天的睡觉时间可真够长的。

Akane: If you put it that way.

茜:如果你这么理解,是这样的。

美语情景对话 第487期:Sleeping 睡眠

译文属仅供学习交流使,未经许可请勿转载

重点讲解:
1. fall asleep
入睡;睡着;进入梦乡;
eg. He was wont to fall asleep after supper.
他老是吃完晚饭就打盹。
eg. He fell asleep while (he was) doing his homework.
他做著做著功课就睡著了。
2. sth. get to sb.
对…产生影响;使痛苦;
eg. That's the first time I lost my cool in 20 years in this job. This whole thing's getting to me.
干这份工作20年来,我头一次失去了冷静,这一切让我大伤脑筋。
eg. Her constant nagging is beginning to get to him.
她不停地唠叨惹得他生起气来。
3. in between
在…之间;处于…中间;
eg. Up to then, they'd merrily bashed out albums in between tours.
那时,他们已经利用巡演的间隙轻松炮制了多张专辑。
eg. We have two lessons this morning, but there's some free time in between.
今天上午我们有两节课,课间有些休息时间。
4. on average
平均起来;按平均值;
eg. There is very little rain here, merely 60 mm in a year on average.
这儿雨水极少,平均每年只有60毫米。
eg. On the average, there are 300 tourists a week.
每星期平均有300名游客。
5. add to
添加;增加;掺加;
eg. A few jokes will add a final fillip to your speech.
几句笑话会给你的演说添些生气。
eg. I have nothing to add to my earlier statement.
我对我先前说的话,没有什么补充的。