当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第489期:Weight Loss 减肥

美语情景对话 第489期:Weight Loss 减肥

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.76W 次

Ruth: Akane, I hope you don't think I'm being rude but you look amazing. Have you lost weight?

鲁斯:茜,我希望你不会觉得我无礼,你看起来太棒了。你是不是瘦了?

Akane: Actually, I have.

茜:实际上是的。

Ruth: Wow. How did you do it?

鲁斯:哇,你是怎么做到的?

Akane: Well, I've been really eating healthy and working out a bit as well.

茜:嗯,我保持饮食健康,再做些运动。

Ruth: Wow. I read recently actually in the newspaper that there are lots of new gyms opening up. Is that what you've been doing, going to the gym?

鲁斯:哇。我最近在报纸上看到报道说新开了许多健身房。去健身房锻炼是不是你坚持在做的事情?

Akane: Ah, yeah actually. I joined a new gym. It wasn't that expensive either and it's been really good.

茜:对啊。我在一家新开的健身房办了会员。价格不是很贵,而且也很好。

Ruth: So, how much was it?

鲁斯:多少钱呢?

Akane: It was about $30 a month. (Oh) Yeah.

茜:一个月大约30美元。对。

Ruth: So when you go to the gym, what kind of thing do you do?

鲁斯:你一般去健身房会做什么?

Akane: Um, well, my favorite thing to do is to run on the treadmill, and sometimes I also do weights.

茜:嗯,我最喜欢的是在跑步机上跑步,有时我会做一些力量练习。

Ruth: You do weights as well? (Mm-hm) Really heavy weights?

鲁斯:你也做力量练习?(嗯)是那种大重量练习吗?

Akane: No just lighter ones.

茜:不是,只是一些小重量练习。

Ruth: Oh, I see.

鲁斯:哦,我知道了。

Akane: Yeah.

茜:嗯。

Ruth: So do you mind the fact when you're in the gym the air is really stuffy and you can always smell people's sweat? Does that not bother you?

鲁斯:健身房空气不流通,而且你能闻到人们的汗味,你不会介意这些?这会令你困扰吗?

Akane: It does actually bother me so I do prefer to go when it's not too crowded.

茜:那确实挺困扰我的,所以我会在人不多的时候去。

Ruth: Of course, yeah.

鲁斯:当然了。

Akane: People tend to go after work so I try to go a little bit earlier, or a little bit later. That's a good plan.

茜:人们一般会在下班后去健身房,所以我尽量早点去,或者我会晚些再去。这是个不错的计划。

Ruth: But you know, sometimes I still wonder if it's healthy to exercise inside because if you exercise outside you can get more fresh air.

鲁斯:可是你知道,有时我会想在室内锻炼真的健康吗,因为如果你在室外锻炼你可以呼吸更多的新鲜空气。

Akane: I think you're right about that. It does feel better when I do get exercise outside, but sometimes I'm so busy and if the weather's not good, it's just easier to go the gym.

茜:我想你是对的。我去室外运动的时候的确感觉更好,不过有时我很忙,而且有时天气不好,所以去健身房更方便。

Ruth: Well, I suppose so.

鲁斯:嗯,这倒是。

Akane: Yeah, and a little exercise inside is better than no exercise.

茜:在室内运动总比不做运动强啊。

Ruth: You're right actually.

鲁斯:你说得对。

Akane: So if I want to lose weight, what would you recommend?

茜:我想减体重,你有什么推荐吗?

Ruth: Basically, just exercise within your limits and eat healthy.

鲁斯:基本上来说,在你能接受的范围内进行锻炼,还有就是保证饮食健康。

Akane: I think it's just common sense.

茜:这些是常识。

Ruth: Really. Do you think I'll lose weight.

鲁斯:对。你觉得我会减掉体重吗?

Akane: For sure. I think so, but I don't know what you're talking about. You definitely don't need to lose weight.

茜:当然了。会的,不过其实我不太清楚你在说什么。你完全不用减肥啊。

Ruth: Well, that's kind of you Akane. OK, thanks.

鲁斯:茜,你真是太好了。谢谢

美语情景对话 第489期:Weight Loss 减肥

译文属仅供学习交流使,未经许可请勿转载

重点讲解:
1. lose weight
体重减轻;变瘦;
eg. She has been taking exercises to lose weight from day to day.
她每天锻炼来减肥。
eg. Several ladies who were trying to lose weight had already fallen by the wayside by eating cream cakes.
几位女士试图减肥,但同时又吃奶油蛋糕,结果是半途而废。
2. work out
锻炼;健身;
eg. I work out regularly to keep fit.
我经常做运动以保持健康。
eg. The basketball players are working out at the gym.
篮球运动员们正在体育馆进行训练。
3. common sense
常识;直觉判断力;
eg. He behaves as if he had no common sense.
他的言行就好像没有常识似的。
eg. Knowledge without common sense count for little.
没有常识的知识没多大用处。
4. for sure
无疑;肯定;
eg. I know for sure that the chances are in favor of those who are always ready.
我确实相信,机会属于时刻准备着的人。
eg. I think he'll be back on Monday, but I can't say for sure.
我想他星期一会回来,不过我不敢肯定。