当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 和老外聊天的地道口语第46期:好久不见了啊...

和老外聊天的地道口语第46期:好久不见了啊...

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.37W 次



Alex: hi, Bob, I am so glad that you came.

Bob: of course I'd come. I couldn't think of a better chance to see all my old friends.

A: yeah. It's hard to believe that it's been ten years since graduation. It feels just yesterday we collected our diplomas.

B: how time flies. But hey, how are things going with you?

A: oh, where to start? There have been ups and downs. I'm still trying to find my place in this world. It's only recently that I've been ablt to start settling down. How about you? You still with Jenny?

B: yeah, Jenny and I got married right after graduation. It was tough the first years trying to make ends meet. I was supporting us both while she continued her studies. But now things are getting better. I work as senior manager in a trading company and she's working at a law firm. It's all started to come together and we're finally able to make a life for ourselves. Even starting to think about kids!

A: oh, that sounds wonderful. I have always known you two would make it. I hope I can keep in better contact with you huys. I don't want us to drift apart again.

B: definitely! Actually, we just moved into a new place. There's a house-warming party this Saturday, if you are free? I know Jenny would love to see you again and it should be a good party.

A: sounds great! I'll be there.


和老外聊天的地道口语第46期:好久不见了啊...


嘿,鲍勃,我很高兴你能来.
当然要来啦.我觉得没有比这更好的机会了,可以见到所有的老朋友.
是啊.真难以相信,转眼间我们已经毕业十年了,感觉发学位证就在昨天一样.
时光如梭啊.你过得怎么样?
从哪里说起呢? 生活有起有伏,我现在还是试着去找自己的位置,最近才开始逐渐安定下来.你呢?还和詹妮在一起吗?
当然啦,詹妮和我一毕业就结婚了.刚结婚那几年很苦,维持生计都很困难.我要养活两个人,因为詹妮要继续她的学业.但是现在好多了,我在一家贸易公司做高级经理,她也在一家律师事务所有了工作.现在一切都开始好转,我们终于有像样的生活了,我们俩现在都考虑要孩子了!
那太棒了.我就知道你们俩个肯定会过的很好.我希望能和你们更好地保持联系,不想再变得疏远.
那是一定的啊!我们刚搬家,这周六打算办个聚会,庆祝乔迁之喜,到时候你有时间吗?詹妮看到你来,一定会很高兴的,聚会也会很有意思的.
听起来不错,我会去的.


和老外聊天的地道口语第46期:好久不见了啊... 第2张


Drift apart: to become less friendly or close to sb 逐渐疏远
As children we were very close, but as we grew up we just drifted apart.
孩提时我们亲密无间,但随着年龄的增长我们就逐渐疏远了。

Ups and downs: the mixture of good and bad things in life or in a particular situation or relationship 浮沉;兴衰;荣辱
Every business has its ups and downs.
每一种生意均有其荣枯兴衰。

Settle down: to start to have a quieter way of life, living in one place (在某地)定居下来,过安定的生活
When are you going to get married and settle down?
你打算什么时候成家,安定下来?

Make it: to be successful in your career 获得成功
He never really made it as an actor.
他从来就不是一个成功的演员。

House-warming: a party given by sb who has just moved into a new house 乔迁聚会


和老外聊天的地道口语第46期:好久不见了啊... 第3张


Diploma: a document showing that you have completed a course of study or part of your education 毕业文凭
a High School diploma
高中毕业文凭

Definitely: a way of emphasizing that sth is true and that there is no doubt about it 肯定;没问题;当然;确实
I definitely remember sending the letter.
我记得这封信肯定发出去了。
‘Was it what you expected?’ ‘Yes, definitely.’
“那是你所期待的吗?”“当然是。”
‘Do you plan to have children?’ ‘Definitely not!’
“你们打算要孩子吗?”“没这个打算!”
Some old people want help; others most definitely do not.
有些老人需要帮助,有些老人却根本不需要。

Senior: high in rank or status; higher in rank or status than others 级别(或地位)高的
a senior officer/manager/lecturer
高级军官╱经理╱讲师
a senior partner in a law firm
律师事务所的主要合伙人
a senior post/position
高级职务/职位
I have ten years' experience at senior management level.
我有十年的高层管理经验。
Junior nurses usually work alongside more senior nurses.
初级护士通常和较高级的护士一起工作。
He is senior to me.
他的职位比我高。
The meeting should be chaired by the most senior person present.
会议应由在座的职位最高的人主持。