当前位置

首页 > 商务英语 > 金融英语 > 外事接待英语口语中英对照

外事接待英语口语中英对照

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.97W 次

在日常生活中,我们能见到各种各样的英语,可见英语的使用范文很广。小编在此献上金融英语,希望对大家有所帮助。

外事接待英语口语中英对照

 外事接待英语口语:文娱活动

Chapter 9 Recreational Activities

文娱活动

Dialogue 1 Going to the Theater

去看戏剧

Professional Terms

专业术语

weekend n.

周末

relax vt.

放松

nowadays n.

现在

respectively adv.

分别地

stall n.

书摊

near-sighted a.

近视的

theme n.

主题

plot vi

构思

talent n.

天才

n, you must be very tired after a week's hard work and tomorrow is the weekend.

布朗夫人,在一周的紧张工作后,你一定很累了。

Would you like to relax yourself a little?

明天是周末,去轻松一下好吗?

Yes, I'd like to What do you suggest?

好的。你有什么建议?

How about going to the theater?

去看戏怎么样?

I hear Kong Fansen is on at the Guang Ming Theater nowadays.

我听说这几天光明剧院正在上演《孔繁森》。

I'll go along with that .

我同意。

Who are in the leading roles?

谁主演的?

I have no idea.

我不知道

When does the performance start?

演出什么时候开始?

There are four performances every day.

每天有四场演出。

A matinee at 11:30 ,an afternoon performance at 4 and two evening ones at 7:00 respectively.

上午11:30一场,下午4点一场,晚上7点和10点两场。

Which one suits you?

哪一场适合你?

The afternoon performance ,I think.

我想是下午的一场。

Do you like seats in the stalls or in the dress circle?

你是喜欢正厅前排的座位还是喜欢花楼的座位?

I prefer the stalls.

我喜欢正厅的座位

You know, I'm near-sighted.

你知道我眼睛近视

Whenever I go to the theater, I always like seats in the front rows, as near to the stage as possible.

只要我去看戏剧,我总是坐在前排的座位,并且尽量靠近舞台。

Ok, I'll phone the theater to see if we can get the tickets we want.

好吧,我给剧院打个电话,看看能否买到戏剧票。

Mrs. Brown , all seats for the afternoon performance are sold out, so we'll have to go to the evening performance.

布朗夫人,下午那一场的票都卖光了,我们只有去看晚上的那两场了。

How about the one at 7:00 ? Will that be fine with you?

7点的那一场怎么样?

Yes, That will be fine with me.

行,对我很合适

After the performance we can go out to dinner.

看完戏剧,我们再出去吃饭。

Fine, You buy the tickets and I'll treat you to dinner.

好的,你买票,我请你吃饭。

It's a deal

一言为定

How do you like the play?

你觉得这场戏剧怎么样?

It's quite moving, The plot is quite simple but the theme is great.

非常感人,情节很简单,但主题思想却很好。

And may people were moved to tears.

许多人都感动得流了泪。

The leading actor has talent indeed,He is expert at conveying his role's fine feeling.

男主角的确很有才华,他很善于表现他角色的细腻感情。

Yes, He is a star of stage.

是的。他是一个戏剧明星

How do you like the stage setting?

你觉得舞台布景怎么样?

I think it is good.

我觉得不错。

There're constant changes of scene, and the variety is interesting.

布景变化不断而且有趣

I really enjoy the whole play very much.

我真的觉得整场戏剧都不错。

I think I should go to the theater more often.

我想我应该经常去看戏。

Where shall we have our dinner?

我们到哪儿吃饭?

The Hubin Hotel, It's quite near, and its food is really delicious .

湖滨饭店。非常近,而且菜非常可口。

Good, Let's go.

行。我们走吧。

Notes

笔记

I'll go along with that.

我同意

I have no idea.,

我不知道

Seats in the stalls

正厅前排座位

In the dress circle.

花楼,特等包厢

Treat you to dinner

请你吃饭

It's a deal.

一言为定

Were moved to tears

感动得流泪

The leading actor.

男主角

be expert at

善于

The stage setting

舞台布景

Dialogue 2 A Dance Party

舞会

Professional Terms

专业术语

dancer n.,

舞者

club n.

俱乐部

excellent a.

杰出的

pop vi & vt

射击

classic a.

古典的

Miss White I was told that you are a good dancer.

怀特小姐,我听说你的舞跳的很好。

There is a dance party tonight.

今天晚上有一个舞会。

Would you like to come?

你想去参加吗?

Sure thing, Where and when?

当然想,什么时候?在哪里?

It starts at 7:00 p.m at the Teacher's Club.

晚上七点钟在教工俱乐部。

Ok,, I'll be there in time.

行,我会按时到达的。

Hello, Miss White. I'm glad you have come.

你好,怀特小姐,我很高兴你来了。

Hello, The dance hall is excellent ,I think.

你好。我觉得这个舞厅真棒。

Shall we dance now?

我们跳舞好吗?

Sure.

当然。

Which kind of music do you prefer, popmusic or classic music?

流行音乐和古典音乐,你更喜欢哪一种?

I prefer pop music.

我更喜欢流行音乐。

Me. too. They happen to be playing pop music 's do the disco.

我也是。现在正好在放流行音乐,我们来跳迪斯科吧。

Notes

笔记

Let's do the disco.

我们来跳迪斯科吧。

Tango

探戈

rock and roll

摇摆舞

quick step

快步

slow step

慢步

cha-cha

恰恰舞

waltz

华尔兹

rumba

伦巴

fox-trot

狐步

polonaise

波罗耐斯

social dance

交际舞

Ok.

You dance so well. you must dance often.

你跳得真好,你一定经常跳。

Sometimes when I feel tired. I go to the dance hall to enjoy myself.

有时当我觉得很累的时候,我就去舞厅轻松一下。

Mr. Wang are a good dancer, too. I really enjoy dancing with you.

王先生,你的舞也跳得不错。我真的很喜欢和你一起跳。

Thanks, Oh, the music stops, What about another dance?

谢谢。噢,音乐结束了。再跳一个怎么样?

Would you mind if I sit out the next dance?

下一个舞我不想跳,你不介意吧?

I'm a bit tired.

我觉得有点累

Of course not. Then you can have a rest.

当然不介意。那么休息一下。

I will invite another lady at dance.

我去请别的女士跳一曲.

May I have the honor of engaging you for this tango?

能赏光请你跳这个探戈吗?

With pleasure.

很荣幸

Miss White, may I have the pleasure of this waltz?

怀特小姐,请你跳这个华尔兹行吗?

Certainly.

当然行。

Shall we have a rest and get some to drink?

我们歇一会儿,喝点饮料好吗?

That's a good idea.

这个主意不错。

What would you like to drink?

想喝点什么?

A glass of Coca-Cola please.

一杯可乐。

The music begins again ,Shall we have one more dance?

音乐又开始了,我们再跳个舞好吗?

Yes, of course.

好的,当然可以。

Notes;

笔记

Sit out the next dance.

不跳下一个。

May I have the honor of engaging you for this tango?

能赏光请你跳这个探戈吗?

May I have the pleasure of this waltz?

能请你跳这个华尔兹吗?

Tips On Reception Foreigners

外事接待注意事项

Cultural Notes to Taking Part in Recreational Activities

参加文娱活动时的文化背景

If you are invited to attend a cultural event , such as going to the theatre, or the cinema or a concert ,you should arrive on time, or a bit earlier.

如果你应邀参加某次文娱活动,比如去看戏剧、看电影或听音乐会,你应该准时到达,或者稍微提前一会儿到达。

If you are caught in a traffic jam or something else happens and you can't arrive on time . you must call and say you're coming,but you'll be late;

如果遇到了交通堵塞,或者发生了什么别的事,不能按时到达,你必须打个电话,说清楚你要来的,但恐怕会迟到;

if you later discover that you cannot attend a certain cultural even ,you should call and explain why you cannot come.

如果你后来发现你不能去参加某次文娱活动,你得打电话解释你不能来的原因。

You should do this as far ahead of time as you can, so that your friend might invite somebody else in your place, or cancel this plan to atten it.

电话打的越早越好,这样你的朋友可以另请别人,或者取消这次文娱活动。

In the course of the performance ,you have to keep quiet .

在演出过程中,要保持安静。

Don't smoke ,eat or talk loudly.

不要吸烟、吃东西或大声讲话。

If you have to say something, speak quietly.

如果你不得不说什么,就小点声说。

It is also impolite for you to sleep , walk around or leave during the performance.

演出期间睡觉、到处走动或提前离开都是不礼貌的

At the end of each performance, you are expected to it is especially the case when the whole performance is over.

每次表演结束,你得鼓掌,终场时更应如此。

You should applaud warmly while the performers bow on the stage.

当演员在舞台上谢幕时,你得热情鼓掌。

If the performance is specially prepared for foreign guests, such as the guests of our government, usually after the performance ,

如果演出是专门为外宾而准备的,通常在演出结束后,

the foreign guests, as well as our Chinese leaders, will go on stage to shake hands with the performers, and to congratulate them.

外宾以及我国国家领导人会一同走到台上同演员握手,向他们表示祝贺,

Every one of the audience should keep clapping warmly without leaving his seat until the guests of honor have left.

所有观众都应呆在原地继续热情鼓掌,直至贵宾离开。

外事接待英语口语:礼物

Chapter 11 Gifts

礼物

Dialogue Bring Gifts

送礼物

Professional Terms

专业术语

inexpensive a.

便宜的

traditional a.

传统的

shell n.

craft n.

技艺

Mr. Taylor has invited me to a dinner party tonight.

泰勒先生邀请我今天晚上去参加一个晚餐会。

I have no idea about what I should bring.

我不知道我该带什么东西好。

In fact , it is absolutely unnecessary for you to bring anything.

事实上,你完全不用带什么东西。

But I don't feel good if I go empty-handed.

但是如果我空手去我觉得不太好。

If you insist on brining something, it should be a small ,inexpensive item, such as a toy for his son, or some flowers for his wife, etc...

如果你坚持要带点什么,也应该是一些小的、便宜的东西,比如,给他儿子带个玩具,或者给他妻子带些鲜花等等

Since we're going to have a get-together ,so I prefer to bring some food.

因为我们打算搞个聚会,所以我还是带点吃的东西吧。

I've got an idea.

我有个主意

What's that?

什么主意?

Since or likes Chinese food very much ,so you can cook a Chinese dish and bring it.

既然泰勒先生喜欢中国食物,这样你就可做一道中国菜带去。

Or you can bring something to drink.

或者带一点什么喝的东西。

That's a wonderful idea.

这个主意真不错

And I was told that or is especially intersted in traditional Chinese arts and crafts,and your wife is good at carving shells,so why not give her some shell carvings?

听说泰勒夫人对中国传统的工艺品很感兴趣,你妻子又善于贝雕,为什么不给她送点贝雕呢?

A good idea.I'll try that k you very much for your help Lihui.

好主意。我就这样做。非常谢谢你的帮助,李慧。

You're welcome a good time.

不用谢,祝你玩得开心。

Thanks Bye.

谢谢再见

Bye.

再见

Come in please, 's good to see you.

请进,赵先生。很高兴见到你。

I'm sorry to be late.

对不起,我迟到了。

Oh, it's no problem.I'm glad you've come.

没关系,你来了我很高兴。

I could not find your house . and I went to a wrong address.

开始我没有找到你的家,我找错了地方。

Really?

真的吗?

It's very kind of you to have invited is something for you and or.

很高兴你邀请了我。我给你及夫人准备了点东西。

How nice of you! What's in the box? It smells delicious.

你真好!盒子里装的是什么?闻起来真香。

Oh, some Chinese food! It looks really inviting.

噢,是一盒中国菜!看起来真诱人。

It's Oiled Chicken with Bamboo Shoots,and it's Sichuan specialty.

这是油淋子鸡,是四川名菜。

Thank you very much you cook it yourself?

非常谢谢你,你自己做的吗?

Yes, here is a gift for or.

是的。这是给泰勒夫人准备的一份礼物。

Let me open it What a lovely shell!

我来打开它。多么漂亮的一只贝壳!

We know that or is interested in Chinese arts and crafts. so my wife carved the shell herself.

我们知道泰勒夫人对中国工艺品很感兴趣,所以我妻子就亲自雕刻了这只贝壳。

Really? You wife is a great 's so nice .I'm sure my wife will appreciate it very much.

真的吗?你妻子可是个了不起的艺术家。它真漂亮。肯定我妻子会非常喜欢它。

I'm glad you like it.

你们喜欢它,我非常高兴。

Sit down, please, Make yourself at home.

请坐,随便点

Your room is nice and it's tastefully decorated.

你的家真漂亮,装饰得真雅致。

's so hot d you like something to drink?

谢谢。天气真热,要喝点什么吗?

Some Pepsi Cola, Please.

请来点百事可乐。

Ok,Here you we'll have dinner in a few minutes.

行。给你。我们马上就开饭。

Thanks.

谢谢

Notes

笔记

if I go empty handed.

如果我空手去。

I went to wrong address.

我找错了地方

Oiled chicken with Bamboo Shoots.

油淋子鸡

Sihuan specialty

四川名菜

Make yourself at home.

随便点

Tips On Reception of Foreigners

外事接待注意事项

Cultural Notes to Giving Gifts

送礼的文化背景

Just like Chinese, Westerners give gifts on many occasions, such as ,on birthdays of good friends, at weddings, at Christmas and some other holidays,

正象中国人一样,西方人在许多场合下也赠送礼物,比如,好朋友的生日、结婚庆典、圣诞节以及一些其它节日,

when someone achieves an honor or gets a promotion, and on a farewell visit to a good friend,etc...

当某人获得荣誉或得到提升时,告别朋友时等等。

Although gifts are always welcome , it is not necessary to exchange gifts all the time.

尽管礼物总是受欢迎的,但不是在什么时候都要相互交换礼物。

Generally speaking, Westerners exchange gifts only among good friends, therefore ,it's inappropriate to give gifts to casual acquaintance.

总地说来,西方人只是在好朋友之间才交换礼物,因此,给一些泛泛之交的人赠送礼物是不合适的。

Even if you are good friends, if you give them too many gifts, they will feel uncomfortable too, because they don't know how to reciprocate.

即使你们是好朋友,如果你送的礼物太多,他们也会感到不自在的,因为他们不知道如何回礼才好。

Usually when you are invited to dinner ,it is absolutely unnecessary to bring a gift except on special occasions, for example when you are going to be an overnight or weekend guest.

通常当你应邀去参加宴会时,你完全没有必要带礼物,但除了一些特殊场合,比如,如果你要在朋友那儿过夜或度周末时。

If you wish to bring something, in most cases, the gifts should always be small, simple and inexpensive.

如果你想带礼物,通常应该是一些简单便宜的小礼物。

You might bring some sweets, or some small toys for the children or a book,some flowers, a bottle of wine etc, for the host or the hostess.

你可以给孩子带些糖果、小玩具等,或者给男女主人带一本书、一些花、一瓶酒等。

If you like ,you can wrap the gifts ,but wrapping is not always necessary.

如果你喜欢,你可以把礼物包起来,但不一定必要。

If you want to make your gifts special, you can bring some typical Chinese goods, such as, Chinese tea, Chinese book markers,

如果你想让你的礼物比较特别,你可以带一些典型的中国货,比如说,中国茶、中国书签、

Chinese papercuts, Chinese paintings, or other things like that ,or even you can cook a Chinese dish and bring it with you.

中国剪纸、中国画等诸如此类的东西,或者你可以做一道中国菜带上。

Westerners prefer to open a gift at once and admire it.

西方人喜欢立即打开礼物欣赏它。

They would thank you and make some comment about the gift's beauty or practiality, so that you know your gift is highly appreciated.

他们会谢谢你,并赞赏礼物的漂亮和实用,这样你就知道你的礼物倍受青睐。

Westerners value homemade things.

西方人崇尚自已做的东西。

When they ask you whether the gift is homemade ,in fact they are flattering you.

当他们问你这礼物是否是你自已所做时,事实上,他们是在恭维你。

They are trying to tell you that you are skillful and talented enough to make it.

他们是想告诉你,你非常灵巧能干,能做出这个礼物。