当前位置

首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语阅读理解 > 实用生活英语:时尚吃喝美语之"得来速"篇

实用生活英语:时尚吃喝美语之"得来速"篇

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.47W 次

The U.S. is a huge country, almost everyone drives on weekdays, except for those who live in the east coast area which is samll but densely populated, like the New York city, therefore, "drive-thru" culture becomes particularly welcome.

美国由于幅员广大,除了东岸如纽约市等地窄人稠的都市外,大家平日都开车,因此"drive-thru"的饮食文化也格外地受欢迎。

literally speaking, "drive-thru" is "drive-through", in Chinese it means "开过去", "thru" is an informal form of the word "through", its Chinese version is "得来速".

从字义上来看,"drive-thru"即为"drive-through",意指“开过去”,thru为through的口语非正式拼法,中译为“得来速”。

"drive-thru" means you can place an order through menu board and Window intercom; "queue" is used to describe the long line of cars waiting.

整个词指无须下车就可以透过menu board和窗口对讲机点餐的服务,而在等待点餐的长长车龙,我们则称为queue。

实用生活英语:时尚吃喝美语之"得来速"篇

The whole procesure can be divided into three steps, and served by three windows: Order — Pay — Pick Up

整个流程分为三个步骤, 三个窗口: 点餐 —— 结账 —— 领取食物

Step 1: Order

(点餐)

Waiter: Hi, how are you doing?

窗口人员:嗨, 你好吗?

Jas: Hi, good. Can I get a hamburger?

贾斯:可以给我一个汉堡吗?

Waiter: With onions?

窗口人员:需要洋葱吗?

Jas: No.

贾斯:不需要。

Waiter: Any fries?

窗口人员:要薯条吗?

Jas: No, that's it.

贾斯:不需要, 这样就够了。

Waiter: Do you eat in the car?

窗口人员:在车上吃吗?

Jas: Yeah, in the car.

贾斯:是的, 在车上吃。(若回答在车上吃, 他们会将餐点放在一个无盖盒子内,让你方便拿。若不在车上吃,餐点则会放在纸袋里,方便收藏)

Waiter: Nothing to drink?

窗口人员:不需要配什么软饮料吗?

Jas: No, no.

贾斯:不, 不需要。

Waiter: Alright. That will be $2.01.

窗口人员:好的, 这里是2.01美元。

Jas: Thank you.

贾斯:谢谢

Step 2: Pay

(结账)

Waiter: Hi, how are you?

窗口人员:嗨, 你好吗?

Jas: Hi, good.

贾斯:嗨, 很好。

Waiter: That's a hamburger with no onions, correct?

窗口人员:你点了一个汉堡, 不要洋葱,对吗?

Jas: Yep.

贾斯:是的。

Waiter: $2.01, please.

窗口人员:2.01美元, 谢谢。

Waiter: Here's your receipt, have a nice day.

窗口人员:这是你的收据,祝你有个愉快的一天。

Jas: Thank you.

贾斯:谢谢。

Step 3: Pick Up

(领取食物)

Waiter: Hi, how are you? Hamburger with no onions?

窗口人员:嗨, 你好吗?你点了一个汉堡,不要洋葱,对吗?

Jas: Yeah.

贾斯:是的。

Waiter: Hi, would you like ketchup? Just the chilies, rite?

窗口人员:嗨,你要番茄酱吗?只要辣酱,对吗?

Jas: Yeah, just the chilies.

贾斯:只要辣酱。

Waiter: Here you are.

窗口人员:这是你的食物。

Jas: Thank you.

贾斯:谢谢。

Vocabulary

menu board: 菜单看板

queue: 长队, 行列。形容队伍很长。

ketchup: 又称 tomato sauce, 即为“番茄酱”,源自马来文的“kĕchap”,后来变成英语里的ketchup。

chilies: 单数chili,指红辣椒。这里的chilies为chili sauce的简称,意为“红番椒辣酱”。