当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 英语突破情景对话 > 迷你对话学地道口语第2062期:牢牢记住,重视,放在心上

迷你对话学地道口语第2062期:牢牢记住,重视,放在心上

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.44W 次

情景对话:

ing-bottom: 75%;">迷你对话学地道口语第2062期:牢牢记住,重视,放在心上

A: Look, how stupid he is in that thing.

看,他在这种事上表现得多蠢。

B: Tom, don't harp on others but have a blind spot when it comes to yourself. Take my advice to heart.

汤姆。别总批评别人而看不见自己的缺点,记住我的话。

A: There you go again.

你又来了。

B: You'd better...

你最好……

A: And you're blabbering.

你别再唠叨了。

一, 词海拾贝

take to heart

exp. To consider that some comment is significant to oneself. (重视,牢牢记住,放在心上

e.g. Don't take his comments to heart—he's that hard on everyone in the office.

别把他的话放在心上——他对办公室里的每个人都那么凶。

e.g. If you actually take her advice to heart, I think you'll find it deeply comforting.

如果你真的把她的建议放在心上,我想你会感到深深的安慰。

Mary listened to Bob's advice and took it all to heart.

玛丽听了鲍勃的建议,并把它铭记在心。

Don’t take every thing you hear to heart.

不要轻信你听到的每一件事情。

二, 语汇积累

1. be stupid in something:在……上是愚蠢的

e.g. He was inarticulate and stupid in thought.

他不善于表达自己的思想,显得有点笨拙。

2. harp on:喋喋不休

e.g. She continued to harp on the theme of her wasted life.

她继续大讲她那虚度了的一生。

e.g. I wish you wouldn't harp on about it all the time.

我希望你不要老是喋喋不休地谈论那件事了。

3. a blind spot:不愿或不能看到的缺点,没有意识

e.g. Jane’s mother has a blind spot on her.

Jane的母亲看不到Jane身上的缺点。

e.g. Jen has a real blind spot when it comes to her relationships with men trying to take advantage of her wealth.

和Jen来往的男人在力图利用她的钱财,提到这事情的时候,Jen还意识不到这点。

When I was single I never worried about money ——it was a bit of a blind spot.

我单身的时候从没有为钱操过心——我有点儿意识不到。

Patrick's never been great with money — it's a bit of a blind spot with him.

Parick不善于理财,他还有点儿意识不到。

4. had better:最好

e.g. I'm not clear about this matter, so I had better keep quiet.

我对这个问题不清楚, 只能不置一词。

e.g. The man had better have hanged himself.

这家伙最好是去悬梁自缢。

三, 短句翻译

中:你又来了。

英:You go again.