当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > The english we speak(BBC教学)第134期:Glamping 豪华野营

The english we speak(BBC教学)第134期:Glamping 豪华野营

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.58W 次

The english we speak(BBC教学)第134期:Glamping 豪华野营

Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil Edgeller.

尼尔:大家好,欢迎收听地道英语节目。我是尼尔·埃杰勒。

Feifei: And I'm Feng Feifei. Neil you're looking very relaxed and healthy today.

菲菲:我是冯菲菲。尼尔,你今天看起来很放松,而且也很健康。

Neil: Oh, thanks Feifei, I've just come back from a camping holiday actually.

尼尔:哦,谢谢你,菲菲,实际上我刚去野营度假回来。

Feifei: A camping holiday?! Most people come back from camping looking like they need another holiday because of the lack of comfortable facilities!

菲菲:野营度假?大部分野营回来的人看上去都需要继续休假,因为野营地没有舒适的设施。

Neil: Ah, well actually I cheated. I went glamping.

尼尔:实际上我说谎了。我参加的是豪华野营。

Feifei: Glamping?

菲菲:豪华野营?

Neil: Yes, glamping. Although I was staying in a tent, it was already set up when we arrived at the campsite, we slept on proper beds and even had a kitchen with a cooker and fridge.

尼尔:对,豪华野营。虽然我是住在帐篷里,但其实当我们到达露营地时,帐篷已经搭好了,我们睡在舒服的床上,那里甚至还有配备炉具和冰箱的厨房。

Feifei: Wow, that sounds more glamorous than camping!

菲菲:哇,那听起来可比普通的露营豪华多了!

Neil: Exactly! Glamorous camping. Put those two words together and you get…

尼尔:没错!豪华的露营。把这两个词组合在一起,就是……

Both: Glamping.

二人一起:豪华野营。

Feifei: Oh I see… glamping is a word made up of two words: glamorous…

菲菲:哦,我明白了……glamping这个词是由两个词组成的:是豪华……

Neil: And camping.

尼尔:还有露营。

Feifei: It's glamorous because there are lots of facilities you don't normally get in a tent, such as proper beds and even a kitchen.

菲菲:称为豪华是因为那里有很多一般帐篷中不会有的设施,比如舒适的床,甚至还有厨房。

Example

例子

A: I really hate camping… It reminds me of miserable holidays as a kid, sleeping on a cold, wet floor and eating horrible food!

A:我真的非常讨厌露营……那让我想起了孩提时代的痛苦假期,那时我睡在冰冷又潮湿的地上,而且食物也很糟糕!

B: You should try glamping. You get to spend time in the great outdoors but in a proper bed and with nice meals! It's wonderful!

B:你应该试试豪华野营。你可以在户外享受愉快的时光,然后睡在舒服的床上,享用美食!那非常美好!

Feifei: So do people really use this word 'glamping'?

菲菲:那glamping这个词很常用吗?

Neil: Yes, it's quite a new word and a bit of a joke, but you can read it and you do hear people use it because there are more and more companies offering glamping holidays.

尼尔:对,这是一个比较新的词,而且有点玩笑的意味,不过你可以听到人们使用这个词,因为现在有越来越多的公司提供豪华野营假期。

Feifei: Hmm…

菲菲:嗯……

Neil: What's up Feifei? I know you're a city girl, but wouldn't you like to try glamping?

尼尔:菲菲,怎么了?我知道你是都市女孩,不过你不想试试豪华野营吗?

Feifei: I'm not sure about that… Is there room service?

菲菲:我不太确定……那里有客户服务吗?

Neil: Room service?! That's a step too far! I'm afraid that's too glamorous for glamping!

尼尔:客服服务?那太过了!恐怕这对豪华野营来说太奢华了!

Feifei: OK, how about a spa and massage room?!

菲菲:好吧,那有没有水疗室和按摩室?

Neil: Spa and massage room?! Honestly, it's still camping. Bye for now.

尼尔:水疗室和按摩室?老实说,那实质上还只是露营而已。现在该结束节目了。

Feifei: Ha ha! Bye!

菲菲:哈哈!再见!

重点讲解:
1. set up
创建;建立;安排;组建;
eg. They set up a working party to look into the issue.
他们设立了一个特别工作组来调查这个问题。
eg. Tommy set up a bookshelf with a few pieces of wood.
汤米用几块木板搭成一个书架。
2. put together
装配;组装;拼合;组合;
eg. Vannevar bush put together a hard-working team.
万瓦尼尔.布什组建了一个十分刻苦的团队。
eg. These systems can be put together and used as knowledge management tools.
这些系统可以放在一起,用作知识管理工具。
3. remind sb. of sth.
使想起;使记起;提醒;
eg. I feel it is absolutely necessary for me to remind him of the meeting today.
我觉得绝对有必要提醒他今天要开会。
eg. He is fixated on things that remind him of his childhood.
他异常依恋那些使他回忆起童年生活的东西。